Login My Account

Subscribe

About Us

Contact Us

Contact Forum Moderator GameUsedForum.com Archive

Go Back   Game Used Forums > General Sports Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

General Sports Discussion This forum is intended for discussions of general sports and hobby-related topics outside of specific game used memorabilia. This forum is not intended for topics unrelated to sports and will be monitored in strict accordance with forum rules.

Old 06-02-2012, 11:23 AM

Default Re: Santana no hitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by camarokids View Post
Technically this is NOT a no-hitter!
Technically it is a no-hitter, really it isn't would be your argument. Just one more franchise left to accomplish the feat.

GAME USED SPORTS: http://gameusedsports.webs.com/

Interested in anything
Lastings Milledge
packmet7@verizon.net
Old 06-02-2012, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marino13 View Post
Every one knows that it is NOT a NO HITTER.

The only people who will overlooked the obvious hit by Beltran are - METS fan and Johan Santana fans along with his game used collectors.

I would accept Armando's 1 hitter is the TRUE No Hitter before I accept Santana's No hitter as a 1 hitter shutout!

The only people who will overlooked the obvious hit by Beltran are - METS fan and Johan Santana fans along with his game used collectors.

Don't forget MLB.

Always looking for 1973,1986,1988,1999,2000,2006 game used Mets post season and Bobby M. Jones and Ed Hearn NY Mets game used bats.
Old 06-02-2012, 06:15 PM

With the blown call keeping the no hitter intact, deep down Johan cannot feel too good about the game being labeled a no-hitter. For he knows he got away with a call which cheapens the feat.

This is my email address here!
dzscope at gmail dot com

Email is best for personal messages...

Old 06-02-2012, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by metsbats View Post

Don't forget MLB.

I am waiting for the third base umpire to make a public apology for having something in his eyes. It must have been the chalk being hit by the ball being carried by the wind and got into his eyes.

Revenge of the umpire for chalk getting into his vision.

But seriously, how could it NOT be a hit when the ball hit the chalk line AFTER the base bag? This does not need instant replay.

I am not taking anything away from Santana, but forever this "chalk blurred my vision" by the umpire will be tagged along with the No Hitter.

Even some of my family members who are die-hard Mets fans - they even say that it was not a No Hitter. It is more like a dirty No Hitter if anything. But since they were suffering for so long with out having one, regular MLB fans might just let it go.

If that is the case, might as well give the Padres a No Hitter and get it over with.

Old 06-02-2012, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by legaleagle92481 View Post
I love how there are so many Mets haters. First you guys hated on the Reyes batting title. Now its the no-hitter. The call is the call. Every game has good and questionable calls. whether it is a foul ball or a ball strike call or like the Armando game a play on the bases. It is what it is.

Reyes cheapen the batting tittle by quitting on the last three non-existence at bat - by removing himself from the game!

It must have been the incentives in the contract or something --- and that amount must be huge, so he doesnt care what fans and others think about him.
Old 06-03-2012, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marino13 View Post

I am waiting for the third base umpire to make a public apology for having something in his eyes. It must have been the chalk being hit by the ball being carried by the wind and got into his eyes.

Revenge of the umpire for chalk getting into his vision.

But seriously, how could it NOT be a hit when the ball hit the chalk line AFTER the base bag? This does not need instant replay.

I am not taking anything away from Santana, but forever this "chalk blurred my vision" by the umpire will be tagged along with the No Hitter.

Even some of my family members who are die-hard Mets fans - they even say that it was not a No Hitter. It is more like a dirty No Hitter if anything. But since they were suffering for so long with out having one, regular MLB fans might just let it go.

If that is the case, might as well give the Padres a No Hitter and get it over with.

Spoken like a true Yankee fan.

Two words for you... Jeffrey Maier.

Take away that botched call and the Yankees perhaps do not advance... and Baltimore does. Then the dynasty that begins for the Yankees in 1996 does not happen until 1998 the earliest.

Anyone who complains about how the Mets got away with a call on Friday night has some very serious short term memory......

> Game Used Bats of Doug Sisk, Randy Niemann; Nickname bats of Robin Ventura (Stumpy) and Benny Agbayani (Big Kahuna)
Email me at TNT_Toys@yahoo.com
Old 06-04-2012, 06:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNTtoys View Post

Take away that botched call and the Yankees perhaps do not advance... and Baltimore does. Then the dynasty that begins for the Yankees in 1996 does not happen until 1998 the earliest.

Anyone who complains about how the Mets got away with a call on Friday night has some very serious short term memory......

Take away the botched call in the Mets game, and you have a black and white result, that being Santana did not pitch a no-hitter.

Your example is a "perhaps" situation, and possibly may have affected who won or lost the series. The timing of the dynasty also is speculation.

I have no problem with Santana's no-hitter, though it sucks he got it because of a bad call, and it sucks Galarraga didn't get his because of a terrible call also. Happens. But an example with multiple "maybes" vs a concrete result isn't exactly a good comparison.
Old 06-04-2012, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slab0meat View Post
an example with multiple "maybes" vs a concrete result isn't exactly a good comparison.
Point taken.

How about the blown call in the 2009 ALDS where Joe Mauer's extra base hit down the left field line in the 11th inning (again, against the Yankees) is ruled foul. The go-ahead run in the ballgame does not score as a result, and the Twins go on to lose an excruciating game and the series?

And what I am trying to say here is that fans of teams that have been on the positive end of blown calls really shouldn't be in any position to criticize...

> Game Used Bats of Doug Sisk, Randy Niemann; Nickname bats of Robin Ventura (Stumpy) and Benny Agbayani (Big Kahuna)
Email me at TNT_Toys@yahoo.com
Old 06-04-2012, 02:31 PM

Quote:

I am a fan of BLACK and WHITE evidences - before instant replay!

How could the third base umpire could not see the missing chalk on the line? And how about the rest of the crew did not get together and talk over about the baseball being hit on the chalk-line AFTER the base bag? Because of their laziness and so forth, it cheapen the milestone for Johan (who I liked since the Twinkies' days) and the lovable-losers Mets.

I am a supporter of "instant replay" due to so many "blind eyes" umpires' mistakes!
Old 06-05-2012, 06:28 AM

Quote:
Point taken.

How about the blown call in the 2009 ALDS where Joe Mauer's extra base hit down the left field line in the 11th inning (again, against the Yankees) is ruled foul. The go-ahead run in the ballgame does not score as a result, and the Twins go on to lose an excruciating game and the series?

And what I am trying to say here is that fans of teams that have been on the positive end of blown calls really shouldn't be in any position to criticize...
You're right in that regard, but fans will be fans.... and everyone will criticize regardless.. I'm waiting for the next pitcher to throw a no-hitter and lose. That's a nice rare feat.