Login My Account

Subscribe

About Us

Contact Us

Contact Forum Moderator GameUsedForum.com Archive

Go Back   Game Used Forums > Auction Item Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Auction Item Discussion Discuss items that are available in various auction venues. Please note this folder is NOT intended to list items for sale.

Old 06-29-2012, 09:44 PM

Default 1980-81 George Brett Jersey - Mears Auction

I was looking through the current Mears auction and noticed the 1980-81 era George Brett game used jersey that is being auctioned.

http://sports.mearsonlineauctions.co...e-World-Series

I don't have a dog in this fight but the spacing between Kansas and City looks awfully wide compared to the 1980 WS photo they have in the listing. Not that the photo is a match but the spacing looks off to me. Is it just my eyes or does anyone else think the spacing looks wider? The first photo below is his 1981 Topps Sticker so it's from the era in question. The second card is a 1982 All-Star card. I'm guessing the photo might have been taken in 1981. Neither spacing looks close to the jersey being offered to me. Will try to dig up more pics.

Old 06-29-2012, 09:58 PM

Default Re: 1980-81 George Brett Jersey - Mears Auction

1981 Sport Magazine

Old 06-29-2012, 10:35 PM

I had the exact same observation that I shared with a fellow forum member today. Also, the G. Brett 1980 jersey at the HOF (assuming that the HOF jersey is good), has a different shaped period on the back part of the jersey as well. The jersey could be good, but those are questions about the jersey that I had.
Old 06-30-2012, 08:30 AM

I agree... Definitely does not appear to be from the 1980 WS as suggested in the auction. I am bothered by the year tag removal. Couple other things I am researching on it, that don't look quite right, I'll post back once I get some photos of what I'm looking at.

Wes Campbell