Login My Account

Subscribe

About Us

Contact Us

Contact Forum Moderator GameUsedForum.com Archive

Go Back   Game Used Forums > Game Used Memorabilia Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Game Used Memorabilia Discussion General discussions of game used related memorabilia.

Old 01-07-2006, 05:09 PM

Default Re: Lampson Letter

I posted about this letter recently in regard to a Bluefield Orioles jersey misidentified as a Baltimore Orioles jersey that I won in the last Bricol auction. I was "impressed" by the letters authoratitive typeface (dig that wacky title font!) and! love! of! the! exclamation! point!!!!!
I don't know if Lampson just provides Bricol with a word document that has a fascimilie of his signature, and allows them to write whatever they want, and at the end of the day, I don't care. I'm not the one hurt by this, because I don't buy much from Bricol anyway, can tell the difference between a Bluefield and a Baltimore jersey with no particular difficulty, and AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE anything I don't feel comfortable with.
Lou, however, comes off looking like a clown monkey, signing crap like this. If he wants to trash his remaining reputation at a few bucks a throw, so be it. It's not my problem. But, really, if you're gonna put out a "professional! letter! of! opinion!" don't you think it ought to have an opinion, and not look like it was designed by a six-year-old girl?

BTW, here's a link to my original post on this subject:
http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_f...read.php?t=819

Last edited by bigtime59 : 01-07-2006 at 05:13 PM.
Old 01-07-2006, 09:42 PM

Default Re: Lampson Letter

Don't the letters being discussed look like they take the Bricol auction description word for word and that is how they are type set? Maybe Bricol give the letters to Lou already written, and when he approves the item he just signs them?

@TheJoelAlpert

Actively buying unique vintage sports memorabilia, genuine autographs of Muhammad Ali, George Foreman, Mickey Mantle and others plus old US currency...