Login My Account

Subscribe

About Us

Contact Us

Contact Forum Moderator GameUsedForum.com Archive

Go Back   Game Used Forums > General Sports Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

General Sports Discussion This forum is intended for discussions of general sports and hobby-related topics outside of specific game used memorabilia. This forum is not intended for topics unrelated to sports and will be monitored in strict accordance with forum rules.

Old 11-24-2009, 03:22 PM

Default Pristine Auctions - Anybody know who they are?

http://www.pristineauction.com/defau...ges/name/about

Who knows this company? Are they a spinoff of another group?

I got an email from this Auction House. I didn't recognize the name so I went to their "About Me" page.

I was not even close to an English Major but know how important it is to get your point across on an "About Me" page:

Obviously they mean their "MISSION" instead of "MISSING" but wow, that isn't good. I am sure they will correct it.

About Us

Pristine Auction is a JCK Enterprises L.L.C. company.

Our missing is to be the premier memorabilia auction for collectors of all ages and all budgets. We strive to operate our business in a way that is honoring to God, honoring to our families, and honoring to our customers. We are committed to providing the best possible customer service!

Our staff has extensive knowledge of the memorabilia and auction business. We are committed to take the time necessary to list and photograph every item accurately. Our auction is advertised in top collectible publications as well as top websites to ensure that your items reach the highest number of potential buyers. We are well equipped to sell your collection for top dollar!
202-716-8500
Old 11-24-2009, 05:04 PM

Default Re: Pristine Auctions - Anybody know who they are?

some kid out of arizona named jared kavlie. also the guy behind jlksports.com. apparently he used to sell unlicensed photos on ebay:

http://www.sportsshooter.com/message...html?tid=26590

here's another website of his: http://psmauctions.com/

anyway, here's my favorite line from the pristineauction.com website:
"As a consignor you agree that all items received by Pristine Auction become the property of our company."

rudy.
Old 11-24-2009, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingjammy24 View Post
some kid out of arizona named jared kavlie. also the guy behind jlksports.com. apparently he used to sell unlicensed photos on ebay:

anyway, here's my favorite line from the pristineauction.com website:
"As a consignor you agree that all items received by Pristine Auction become the property of our company."

rudy.
From his Facebook page---Pristine Auction

Yes, he looks young.....

Name:  13536_101992493158383_100000428987310_53441_2749254_n.jpg
Views: 5190
Size:  55.6 KB
202-716-8500
Old 11-24-2009, 11:58 PM

Exclamation Re: Pristine Auctions - Anybody know who they are?

Hey guys. This is Jared from Pristine Auction. I found this post and wanted to take the opportunity to reply to it.

First, I must say, it's sad to see what people say at times in forums like this one. (referring especially to suicide_squeeze).

allstarsplus - thanks for the catch on the spelling, unfortunately it was overlooked and has been corrected.

Regarding the post that kingjammy24 posted regarding the sportshooter forum post... Unfortunately the sportshooter website is not a site that I was able to post a reply to so I will respond to it here. What that forum post is referring to - - A couple years back I was sold sports photos from a third party who claimed to have permission to be doing so. Unfortunately, that did not end up the case and I was caught in the middle. That situation was resolved long ago directly with the rightful owner of the photographs.

I hope that members of this forum will give us an opportunity as a new member in the auction house industry. We are now accepting consignments for future auctions.

Please check us out at http://www.pristineauction.com

Be sure to look for our ad in all future Beckett publications, Tuff Stuff, and Sports Collector's Digest!

I can be reached directly if anyone has any questions or concerns at jared@pristineauction.com

Thanks guys,
Jared
Old 11-25-2009, 12:02 AM

Also, to respond to what kingjammy24 is referring to - we were required to have this statement within our auction policies in order for our insurance company to cover items that consignors send us. However, that is not the entire statment - here is the full unedited statement directly from our site:

"As a consignor you agree that all items received by Pristine Auction become the property of our company. We agree to submit proper payment to the consignor for the submitted items based off of their performance in our auction."

Simply - Consignors will be paid properly for items that they submit!
Old 11-25-2009, 12:20 AM

Jared~ I appreciate your efforts to start something like this. Everyone has to start from a humble beginning and I wish you the best of Luck in the future. With that being said I looked at your autographed baseball section and I can tell you that the mantle sigs are not authentic. I do not consider myself an expert on the others but I am very certain the Mantle's are not authentic. They will pass GAI and a few other authentications but I would guess if submitted to PSA they would fail. They all came from the same person but it wasn't mantle.
Old 11-25-2009, 04:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jared85308 View Post
Hey guys. This is Jared from Pristine Auction. I found this post and wanted to
Please check us out at http://www.pristineauction.com
What a joke.
Just looking at your site for 5 seconds shows that you're still doing fraud.

Put aside the autographs for a second and just look at the "on-field style Majestic jersey" you're listing. It's a fake JERSEY. It's a knockoff jersey from Asia and not even a real Majestic jersey. You can tell by the poor stitching, horrible quality of the twill used in the lettering, positing that is too large, wrong sizes/fonts, and wrinkles in the twill. All Asian knockoff pieces.

Psst...just to note, the Soto jersey has "18" on the back and the numbers are in a totally WRONG font, HUGE and waaaaay too low. Might want to contact your knockoff distributor in Asia.

So you had license issues in the past and now you're selling obviously unlicensed knockoff jerseys from Asia? Nice move.

There's no point in worrying about the validity of the autographs because anyone who is selling knockoff jerseys themselves, is obviously not a honest seller.

The best part of all is on the Derrek Lee jersey page, when you click on the description of the LOA from Pristine Auction it says "404 Not Found. The document you requested does not exist."

FINALLY, your site is honest. LOL
Attached Images

Old 11-25-2009, 05:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jared85308 View Post
Also, to respond to what kingjammy24 is referring to - we were required to have this statement within our auction policies in order for our insurance company to cover items that consignors send us. However, that is not the entire statment - here is the full unedited statement directly from our site:

"As a consignor you agree that all items received by Pristine Auction become the property of our company. We agree to submit proper payment to the consignor for the submitted items based off of their performance in our auction."

Simply - Consignors will be paid properly for items that they submit!
I think you need a new insurance company....You think the insurance company for your Dry Cleaner, Auto Mechanic or Jeweler has the language in their policy that the suit jacket you drop off for dry cleaning is now their property or your vehicle brought in for inspection is now theirs as well??
Old 11-25-2009, 07:47 AM

80+ days for an auction??????

That Soto is laughable. Not only are both 18s in the wrong font, but so is "Chicago". "On field style" -

Always looking for game used bats from Andre Dawson, Ryne Sandberg, Mark Grace, Jody Davis, Shawon Dunston, Jerome Walton, Rick Sutcliffe, and Greg Maddux. Preferably CUBS era bats.
Old 11-25-2009, 08:24 AM
Banned

Hi,

Looked at your web site, and in reviewing the Mickey Mantle, Ted Williams, and Joe DiMaggio signatures, it is my opinion that all of these are forgeries.

Perhaps in the future, if you post clear photos for review at http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum2/ of autographed items you are considering buying, you can save a lot of money and not hurt your reputation further.

Good luck.