Login My Account

Subscribe

About Us

Contact Us

Contact Forum Moderator GameUsedForum.com Archive

Go Back   Game Used Forums > Game Used Memorabilia Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Game Used Memorabilia Discussion General discussions of game used related memorabilia.

Old 01-24-2010, 10:31 AM

Default Re: Post Your Photo-matched Game-used Items Here

Yeah I know that, I just thought because it was posted right after mine maybe you were referencing mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by capitalssticks View Post
no sir i was referring to the endless pages of same-style items not photomatched items. if u notice there are 39 pages ahead of your listing
Old 01-25-2010, 12:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylehess10 View Post
I'd like to update this with another great full-resolution match to this bat:

I just found these AMAZINGGGGGGG pictures to go with my Matt Kemp photomatch of him breaking this bat over his knee:

Old 01-26-2010, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampWest View Post
Billy Butler photomatched to 2009.09.09. Had 3 Doubles in the game, his fourth 3 Double game of the season, which is the first time a player has had 4+ 3 Double games in a single season since at least before 1900. Also, Butler won AL Player of the Week that week. Trying to additionally match to a 2HR game on 9/7/09, but may need to sign up for MLB.TV to pull game footage as I cannot find any still photos with enough detail for a definitive match to that game.

Well, with some generous help from Bert/Shoremen44 in obtaining stills from the game video, I have now been able to match this 3 Double game bat additionally to a 2 HR game a couple days earlier. I've got perfect photo-matches to both HRs on 9/7/09 and the doubles on 9/9/09 and know from MLB the bat was broken on 9/11/09. In that time span Butler went 3-4, 2-3, 3-5, 2-5, 1-5 (not sure what inning the bat was broken) with a total of 2 HR and 4 Doubles, including double #45 on the season. Anyhow its safe to say this bat was the tool used for a spectacular hot streak. Below is my full sheet, with the HR at bat matches - thanks to Bert.

And just for a little more color, here is the game recap discussion of the first home run... an absolute bomb... http://kansascity.royals.mlb.com/new...t=.jsp&c_id=kc
---
Butler wowed the Labor Day audience of 18,453 with a 442-foot shot. Catching hold of a 2-2 slider from right-hander Ervin Santana, Butler sent the drive soaring high over the left-field bullpen and against the lower glass of the new Royals Hall of Fame.
Heck, he wasn't even trying to do anything like that. His objective is to hit everything to right-center field. With the count 2-2, he just wanted a little line drive or a grounder through a hole.
Home run? Never entered his mind. Butler just got a little ahead of the pitch and pulled it to deepest left field.
"Two-strike approach, I'm not trying to hit that. I'm just trying to put the barrel on the ball and that's what happened," he said.
So it was just an accident?
"Yeah, exactly. I'm just trying to hit a line drive, get something through the infield," Butler said. "At that point, it's a close 2-1 game and I'm just trying to get something going."

Butler even outdid St. Louis slugger Albert Pujols, who on June 21 became the first to reach the Hall of Fame glass with a grand slam. But Pujols' drive was estimated at a mere 423 feet. The stadium record is Bo Jackson's 475-foot blast in 1986 against Seattle's Mike Moore.
Butler also homered in the eighth against reliever Jose Arredondo, a solo drive that was much more modest. It just cleared the left-center-field wall, estimated at 390 feet.
That gave Butler four RBIs. In the sixth, he singled to right field to score Josh Anderson for the Royals' fifth run.

Wes Campbell
Old 01-26-2010, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by capitalssticks View Post
heres a better shot of just the photomatch on the neuvirth capitals stick
Man that is a amazing match.
Old 01-26-2010, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampWest View Post
Well, with some generous help from Bert/Shoremen44 in obtaining stills from the game video, I have now been able to match this 3 Double game bat additionally to a 2 HR game a couple days earlier. I've got perfect photo-matches to both HRs on 9/7/09 and the doubles on 9/9/09 and know from MLB the bat was broken on 9/11/09. In that time span Butler went 3-4, 2-3, 3-5, 2-5, 1-5 (not sure what inning the bat was broken) with a total of 2 HR and 4 Doubles, including double #45 on the season. Anyhow its safe to say this bat was the tool used for a spectacular hot streak. Below is my full sheet, with the HR at bat matches - thanks to Bert.

And just for a little more color, here is the game recap discussion of the first home run... an absolute bomb... http://kansascity.royals.mlb.com/new...t=.jsp&c_id=kc
---
Butler wowed the Labor Day audience of 18,453 with a 442-foot shot. Catching hold of a 2-2 slider from right-hander Ervin Santana, Butler sent the drive soaring high over the left-field bullpen and against the lower glass of the new Royals Hall of Fame.
Heck, he wasn't even trying to do anything like that. His objective is to hit everything to right-center field. With the count 2-2, he just wanted a little line drive or a grounder through a hole.
Home run? Never entered his mind. Butler just got a little ahead of the pitch and pulled it to deepest left field.
"Two-strike approach, I'm not trying to hit that. I'm just trying to put the barrel on the ball and that's what happened," he said.
So it was just an accident?
"Yeah, exactly. I'm just trying to hit a line drive, get something through the infield," Butler said. "At that point, it's a close 2-1 game and I'm just trying to get something going."

Butler even outdid St. Louis slugger Albert Pujols, who on June 21 became the first to reach the Hall of Fame glass with a grand slam. But Pujols' drive was estimated at a mere 423 feet. The stadium record is Bo Jackson's 475-foot blast in 1986 against Seattle's Mike Moore.
Butler also homered in the eighth against reliever Jose Arredondo, a solo drive that was much more modest. It just cleared the left-center-field wall, estimated at 390 feet.
That gave Butler four RBIs. In the sixth, he singled to right field to score Josh Anderson for the Royals' fifth run.
That is the NICEST billy butler bat i have ever seen!!!!
Old 01-26-2010, 08:38 PM

Wes... like I said before... Killer bat... congrats

Always looking for Matt Wieters, Tettleton, and that Orioles magic

shoremen44@gmail.com
Old 02-11-2010, 12:46 PM

I just picked up these 2 jerseys and have been able to photo match them both.
First one is an Anthony Spencer throwback used last season against the Chiefs and the Raiders. I've matched it to 4 photos from the Raiders game but I think this one is the best. Look at the mark on the 9 of the left sleeve.

Name:  IMG_0355 resized.jpg
Views: 505
Size:  202.4 KB
Name:  anthony spencer 1 resized.jpg
Views: 511
Size:  129.2 KB

Second one is a Miles Austin jersey worn last season in the first game against the Eagles where he had a 49 yd TD catch. I matched this one to 2 pics. I think this is the best though. The grass stain is pretty easy to spot on this one.

Name:  IMG_0351 -resized.jpg
Views: 933
Size:  175.3 KB
Name:  miles austin 2.jpg
Views: 511
Size:  101.2 KB
Old 02-11-2010, 12:51 PM

Here's a closer pic of the sleeve from the game.

Name:  anthony spencer 1 cropped.jpg
Views: 533
Size:  37.6 KB
Old 02-11-2010, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jv225 View Post
Here's a closer pic of the sleeve from the game.

Attachment 34976
Sweet match, dead on
Old 02-11-2010, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jv225 View Post
Second one is a Miles Austin jersey worn last season in the first game against the Eagles where he had a 49 yd TD catch. I matched this one to 2 pics. I think this is the best though. The grass stain is pretty easy to spot on this one.

i am beyond jealous!