Login My Account

Subscribe

About Us

Contact Us

Contact Forum Moderator GameUsedForum.com Archive

Go Back   Game Used Forums > Game Used Memorabilia Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Game Used Memorabilia Discussion General discussions of game used related memorabilia.

Old 02-07-2011, 08:19 PM

Default Re: Show me your Atlanta Falcons stuff! (LOL)

Thanks for the kind words. I am a huge Falcons fan and have been collecting their jerseys for many years. My goal has been to get a home and road jersey from every season with no particular preference on the players.

The Falcons were one of the first teams to apply year tags as they have been doing this for the most part since the mid-1970s (one of the few teams doing so in the 1970s and '80s), so it makes it a bit easier to identify the exact year. However, like most teams, they were/are norotious for "recycling" jerseys in subsequent seasons. Also, the lack of a year tag shouldn't cause panic as not all Falcons jerseys contain year tags (1996 jerseys did not have a year tag), and many of the tags washed out of the 1970s and '80s jerseys.

I didn't know where to start with photos, so I tried to put together various jerseys to give a taste of the various styles worn over the years. If anyone ever needs help with Falcons jerseys or needs to know when various changes were made to their jerseys, please never hesitate to ask.

Mark Hayne
Gridiron Exchange
gixc@verizon.net

Always looking for Falcons, WFL, and AFL/NFL durene jerseys, and Willie McGee and Darren Lewis game-used items.

1967 DURENE - ONE-YEAR STYLE WITH WHITE BIRD LOGOS (#72-Don Talbert)
Name:  Falcons 1967 0001.jpg
Views: 967
Size:  36.9 KB

EARLY 1970s DURENE OF SAFETY RAY BROWN
Name:  FALCONS #34- BROWN (DURENE) 0002.jpg
Views: 966
Size:  53.1 KB

EARLY 1970s DURENE OF CB KEN REAVES (ORIGINAL FALCON)
Name:  Falcons Ken Reaves durene.jpg
Views: 931
Size:  36.6 KB

1970s MESH JERSEYS - GERMANY IS RARE 3/4 LENGTH SLEEVE MESH JERSEY
Name:  1970s Falcons.jpg
Views: 954
Size:  54.4 KB

1980s JERSEYS - NOTE THE VARIOUS STRIPE DESIGNS & LOCATION OF BIRD LOGOS ON SLEEVES
Name:  1970s & 1980s Falcons.jpg
Views: 941
Size:  78.8 KB

VARIOUS MEMORIAL & ANNIVERSARY PATCHES AND SUPER BOWL PATCH
Name:  Falcons with patches.jpg
Views: 943
Size:  64.1 KB

THROWBACK JERSEY WORN BY LANCE ZENO IN 1994 HALL OF FAME GAME VS SAN DIEGO
Name:  Falcons 1994 throwback.jpg
Views: 960
Size:  45.2 KB

VARIOUS YEAR TAGS
Name:  Various Falcons year tags.jpg
Views: 926
Size:  62.8 KB

3 ALL-TIME FAVORITE FALCONS RECEIVERS - STILL NEED ALFRED JENKINS - CAN ANYONE HELP?
Name:  Some favorite Falcons receivers.jpg
Views: 1110
Size:  54.9 KB

RODDY WHITE'S UAB (MY ALMA MATER) JERSEY FROM HIS SOPHOMORE YEAR IN 2002 - HAS LEGION FIELD PATCH ON FRONT LEFT SHOULDER
Name:  UAB - #10 RODDY WHITE 0002.jpg
Views: 1024
Size:  50.0 KB
Old 02-07-2011, 08:31 PM

WOW !!! That is a beautiful and yet AWESOME collection thru time! I have always had a soft spot for the Falcons. My first "team" as a child, in our midget football league, were of course called the Falcons. Well, we wanted to be different, so we asked the coach if we could have the actual logos on our helmet we saw on TV (I was raised in Western Pennsylvania).

So, right before the season started, there was a package from none other than the Atlanta Falcons, with a letter from the equipment manager. Inside the box were unpeeled, brand new authentic logos! As a bonus, there were signed black and white glossy photos of Steve Bartkowski and William Andrews for the entire team!!

I may have been raised a die hard Steelers fan, but I always root for the Falcons when they are on (and not playing Pittsburgh).
Old 02-07-2011, 08:44 PM

Here are a few more Falcons jersey photos showing various year tags, Rankin Smith Memorial patch worn in 1997 (founding owner), and a few various styles. Note the different Russell tagging on the two red jerseys with the 1983 year tag. This was a "transition" year for Russell where they switched the style/shape of the tag (from gold/brown lettering and gold eagle "R" to the red and blue lettering and eagle "R").

The red #64 (Andy Mauer) is another long-sleeve durene in my collection. I saved one of the greatest Falcons for last - Jessie Tuggle. This jersey is from the Falcons 1998 Super Bowl season. Had Tuggle played for a contender and not toiled on many awful Atlanta teams, I am convinced that he would be in the Hall of Fame. This guy was a tackling machine!

Mark Hayne
Gridiron Exchange
gixc@verizon.net

Always looking for Falcons, WFL, and AFL/NFL durene jerseys, and Willie McGee and Darren Lewis game-used items.

Name:  Russell 1970s & 80s Year Tags 0001.jpg
Views: 956
Size:  66.2 KB

Name:  Russell 1970s & 80s Year Tags 0002.jpg
Views: 922
Size:  71.8 KB

Name:  FALCONS #59 - RADE   0003.jpg
Views: 904
Size:  60.3 KB

Name:  FALCONS #56 - RICHARDSON (1).jpg
Views: 898
Size:  57.3 KB

Name:  FALCONS #28 - GREEN  0003.jpg
Views: 899
Size:  79.0 KB

Name:  FALCONS #98 - ANDERSON 0002.jpg
Views: 901
Size:  140.9 KB

Name:  More Falcons year tags.jpg
Views: 881
Size:  56.8 KB

Name:  Falcons Andy Maurer durene.jpg
Views: 886
Size:  44.3 KB

Name:  Jesse Tuggle 1998.jpg
Views: 965
Size:  43.7 KB
Old 02-07-2011, 09:01 PM

Mark: AMAZING set of jerseys! All I can say is wow! Thanks for posting that Roddy UAB jersey. He's been a favorite of mine ever since I saw him play in the Hawaii Bowl here. Great jersey! Did you see the throwback Roddy jersey pop up at the Super Bowl Hunt auction? I think it went for $1,800. BTW, thanks again for the Vick and Jenkins jerseys!
Old 02-07-2011, 09:55 PM

Kyle,

Hope you are enjoying those two jerseys. The Michael Jenkins is especially nice.

I saw the Roddy White black throwback jersey in the Hunt Auction. That's the only style that I don't have (throwback) of his. I would love to have one, but it got way outside of my budget rather quickly.

My quest at this point is to find an Alfred Jenkins jersey!

Mark Hayne
Gridiron Exchange
gixc@verizon.net

Old 02-08-2011, 06:09 AM

Mark,

Love that UAB jersey - thanks for posting it. I also like that 94 throwback.
Truly amazing all the way around.

Jack
Old 02-08-2011, 06:22 AM

Mark, great looking Falcons collection. Thanks for sharing it and thanks again for selling me the Rossum!
Old 02-08-2011, 09:18 AM

Mark: Yah I love that Mike Jenkins jersey which shows great use. I forgot to mention, I got to fly up to Atlanta this year for the Monday nighter vs the Saints and got it signed after the game. He did a double take at the jersey and seemed surprised that it wasn't a retail one. I was surprised how easy it was to get sigs over there, not that many people hanging around. Unfortunately, everyone there told me that Roddy is the toughest one to get to sign. Bummer...
Old 02-08-2011, 10:23 AM

1978 June Jones white jersey.

Always buying players from Hawaii, or played in Hawaii.

Happy collecting,
Rex d3r2j@hotmail.com
Attached Images

Old 02-08-2011, 11:07 AM

Nice Jesse 'The Hammer' Tuggle Mark!