Login My Account

Subscribe

About Us

Contact Us







Contact Forum Moderator GameUsedForum.com Archive

Go Back   Game Used Forums > Game Used Memorabilia Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Game Used Memorabilia Discussion General discussions of game used related memorabilia.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 07-12-2012, 08:06 AM
sportscentury's Avatar
sportscentury sportscentury is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 1,888
Default Alonzo Mourning Shoes

http://www.ebay.com/itm/230821696583... 4.m1438.l2649

The seller does not know the season/year for this pair. Does anyone know when Mourning would have worn this pair? I could not find a style-match on Getty or anywhere else. Thank you in advance.
__________________
Always looking for top NBA game worn items of superstar and Hall-of-Fame-caliber players (especially Kobe and LeBron). Also looking for game worn items of all players from special events (e.g., All Star Game, NBA Finals, etc.). Please contact me at gameusedequip2@hotmail.com. Thank you.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-12-2012, 06:00 PM
Rob Rob is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 67
Default Re: Alonzo Mourning Shoes

Just an aside

I saw this awful TV show on demand where these fish tank guys go to Mournings house to talk about building a tank They take a tour of his mansion and see some of his sports memorobilia. He has a pair of shoes displayed that he wore when the heat won the NBA championship



Nat Geo Wild's TV series Fish Tank Kings features NBA SuperstarAlonzo Mourning

Retired Miami Heat star Alonzo Mourning asks the Fish Tank Kings to build an aquarium to educate and inspire at-risk kids at the Youth Center he founded. Catch this new episode of Fish Tank Kings Saturday, June 9 at 10 p.m. ET/PT on Nat Geo WILD!


FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE





FTK 5


PRLog (Press Release) - Jun 07, 2012 -
Fish Tank Kings: Fish Upon a Star

Its up to Fish Tank King boss Mat to take on a new client, former Miami Heat star and Olympic Gold Medalist Alonzo Mourning. Upon arriving at Alonzo’s home, they see he already has an aquarium. The basketball sensation explains that he does in fact want an aquarium, but not for his home — but for the Overtown Youth Center he started that helps at-risk kids.

Meanwhile, Ben and Francis head out to meet up with a previous client, Max, who is looking for a massive upgrade in a tank — he wants one three to four times the size of his current aquarium. He already maintains a live reef tank, but this time he wants a live coral tank that will be one of the largest residential tanks of its kind in southern Florida. Francis takes Max on a special tour of ORA, the country’s largest coral farm.

Catch Fish Tank Kings Saturdays at 10pm on Nat Geo WILD!
__________________
Looking for Phillies, Eagles and Sixers items.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-15-2012, 02:48 AM
primeradriver primeradriver is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 157
Default Re: Alonzo Mourning Shoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportscentury View Post
http://www.ebay.com/itm/230821696583... 4.m1438.l2649

The seller does not know the season/year for this pair. Does anyone know when Mourning would have worn this pair? I could not find a style-match on Getty or anywhere else. Thank you in advance.
Although the auction is over, these are the Nike Air Big Flyer Force. They would've been issued to wear in the 00-01 season. A quick search through Getty showed that Zo didnt wear them. This might explain the good condition. Judging by the brightness of the tag and toebox these could very well be deadstock.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-15-2012, 03:18 AM
trsent's Avatar
trsent trsent is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 3,772
Default Re: Alonzo Mourning Shoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by primeradriver View Post
Although the auction is over, these are the Nike Air Big Flyer Force. They would've been issued to wear in the 00-01 season. A quick search through Getty showed that Zo didnt wear them. This might explain the good condition. Judging by the brightness of the tag and toebox these could very well be deadstock.
Alonzo played 13 games in 2000-2001. I know that isn't many, so the shoes could have very well been an extra pair, but Getty has pictures of Zo with shoes from all 13 games over that season?

Any chance they could have been from the next season? He played 75 games that year. Also, if a guy wears shoes for one game or maybe even just one half, how much wear do they ever really show?

I don't know the market for Alonzo Mourning shoes anymore, but I will guess even if just an autographed team issued pair they had to go for a steal of a price at $140.00 or so, right?
__________________
Joel Alpert
AM Sports Marketing Group
am@alpert.net

@TheJoelAlpert

Actively buying unique vintage sports memorabilia, genuine autographs of Muhammad Ali, George Foreman, Mickey Mantle and others plus old US currency...
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-15-2012, 11:41 AM
primeradriver primeradriver is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 157
Default Re: Alonzo Mourning Shoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by trsent View Post
Alonzo played 13 games in 2000-2001. I know that isn't many, so the shoes could have very well been an extra pair, but Getty has pictures of Zo with shoes from all 13 games over that season?

Any chance they could have been from the next season? He played 75 games that year. Also, if a guy wears shoes for one game or maybe even just one half, how much wear do they ever really show?

I don't know the market for Alonzo Mourning shoes anymore, but I will guess even if just an autographed team issued pair they had to go for a steal of a price at $140.00 or so, right?
I was just going off Getty and Google images. Although, I searched from '99 all the way through his days with the Nets. No sign of them. He did play against other centers that wore these shoes in 00-01.

I have the same model that Patrick Ewing wore as a Supersonic and they show far more use. The thing with typed serial numbers is they rub off at any sign of perspiration. Below is a picture of the Ewing tag. Note the wear, soiling and how faint the serial numbering is after one game use.



I didn't count the number of games Getty cataloged for the 00-01 season but for how hard Zo used to play these shoes didnt see much action.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-15-2012, 09:21 PM
trsent's Avatar
trsent trsent is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 3,772
Default Re: Alonzo Mourning Shoes

I have bought shoes right from teams in the past that didn't show much wear. Basketball shoes are the worst to authenticate based on use.
__________________
Joel Alpert
AM Sports Marketing Group
am@alpert.net

@TheJoelAlpert

Actively buying unique vintage sports memorabilia, genuine autographs of Muhammad Ali, George Foreman, Mickey Mantle and others plus old US currency...
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:05 PM.
This forum was originally created by Eric Stangel as a way to bring game used collectors together and help hobbyists educate each other.


Copyright © 2005 Game Used Universe, Inc. All rights reserved