About Us

Contact Us

Autograph Forums
Contact Forum Moderator GameUsedForum.com Archive

Go Back   Autograph Forums > Basketball Autographs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-30-2009, 12:24 AM

Default Jordan Autographed Jersey Front and Back

There is an interesting story that has brought me to this website. I never knew this site existed until tonight. I'll start off by saying I've owned a Champion Jersey supposedly autographed from Michael Jordan for atleast 15 years. I'll try to make it short, so here's my story:

When I was much younger (23-24) I attended a sports card show in Ohio. I was an acquaitance of the man that was running the show. He assured me along with the gentleman I purchased it from, that what I was purchasing was genuine. I purchased an autographed Jordan jersey, and I was in heaven! It was exceptionally rare because it was autographed on the front and back. This had been my pride and joy for all of these years. It has been tucked away for safe keepings since 1993, except to occasionaly show my boys. However, times are tough for many people. My wife and I have three boys, and I thought it would be a great time to try to make some extra money for the holidays by selling this jersey. Letting it out of my clutches would surely be bittersweet, but I was willing to make the sacrifice.

I took pictures of the jersey, including the letter of authenticity. At times I thought about sending it away to have it "technically" authenticated, but I never really felt in doubt. One of my pictures included the letter of authenticity on the jersey. While the pictures were downloading I took a closer look at the names of the individuals on the certificate (This is what delivered me to this site.) I googled the name "Dave Miedema." I never knew who he was. Unfortunately, I see that my investment may have taken a wrong turn. Although this may not be the case, I am certainly not feeling too confident. I don't know him, but the first article that mentioned him was from this website. There was a thread and it included several posts. These were posted in 2005 and 2006 for those of you that may or may not remember it. Without that thread I would have probably tried to list my item on Ebay.

One of your members stated that "Dave was caught up with the wrong people." I guess I'm more disappointed with the fact that I treasured something that may not be what it was represented as. After all of these years of thinking that I had a piece of "MJ," I now feel a bit slighted. Just wanted to share this.....

I am attaching my photos of the jersey. I would really like to hear if any of you would deem these autographs authentic. Thanks.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1942_1.JPG (378.6 KB, 357 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1943_1.JPG (158.0 KB, 331 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1950_1.JPG (142.0 KB, 311 views)
Old 11-30-2009, 01:20 AM

Default Re: Jordan Autographed Jersey Front and Back

I'm not sure who your dealer was, but I have never issued an individual cert that looks anything like the one in your photo. The "wrong crowd", as one post alluded to, frequently mismatched good certs with bad items and used computer printers to alter, delete and add text to existing letters. Whether this seller was one of that cadre I can't say, but, if the seller is using my name on his cert, it's unlikely I ever viewed the item.

Dave Miedema
Chicago area
Old 11-30-2009, 11:03 PM

Dave, thank you for your reply. I certainly did not expect to hear from you, but I sincerely respect your comments. I'm just an old "MJ" fan that (like so many others) thought I had a piece of history.
Old 01-23-2010, 09:56 PM
Banned

If you want an authentic Michael Jordan autograph, get one with UDA (Upper Deck Authenticated) COA. MJ only sign exclusively through Upper Deck since 1992. Anything that you see out there without the UDA COA you might as well consider them fake. Don't even waste your time contemplating. These days you can get his auto'd bulls jersey for less than 1K. You can get his wizards jersey signed for under 700$ and some include a DVD that shows MJ signing the jersey. Hope this helps! eBay is the way to go!!!
Old 07-14-2010, 06:50 PM

Jordan signs like crazy at the golf outings he goes to, I got my 16X20 done at the Mario Lemieux golf outing in Pitt. They dont do it anymore sadly.

-Tony