Subscribe

About Us

Contact Us

Autograph Forums
Contact Forum Moderator GameUsedForum.com Archive

Go Back   Autograph Forums > Basketball Autographs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-19-2010, 09:01 PM

Default Kobe Bryant Autographed Basketball Sport Trader?

Hello All, this is my first post on this forum, as I am a new collector.

I decided to start my collection of sport autographs with a shot in the dark. I have some legitimate music autographs that I personally got from Dave Matthews Band, but i jumped in to the sports autographs with something I just came across browsing.

I have purchased, for a very small sum of money, a autographed Kobe Bryant NBA basketball. The ball/autograph has no COA with it, hence the low price. The person I purchased it from says he misplaced it on a recent move from Philadelphia to Oklahoma. But what the item does have is a hologram sticker from Sport Trader, with the number ST1456.

I guess my question is, has anyone ever heard of Sport Trader? I have done some internet research and have come up with nothing other than a Shaquille O'neal autograph ball with the same Sport Trader name tied to it. But I have found nothing as far as a company web-site, existence of a company or anything of the like.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated in finding out the origins of this ball and Sport Trader.

Thanks

JC
Old 04-21-2010, 09:36 PM
Banned

Default Re: Kobe Bryant Autographed Basketball Sport Trader?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffclagg@cox.net View Post
Hello All, this is my first post on this forum, as I am a new collector.

I decided to start my collection of sport autographs with a shot in the dark. I have some legitimate music autographs that I personally got from Dave Matthews Band, but i jumped in to the sports autographs with something I just came across browsing.

I have purchased, for a very small sum of money, a autographed Kobe Bryant NBA basketball. The ball/autograph has no COA with it, hence the low price. The person I purchased it from says he misplaced it on a recent move from Philadelphia to Oklahoma. But what the item does have is a hologram sticker from Sport Trader, with the number ST1456.

I guess my question is, has anyone ever heard of Sport Trader? I have done some internet research and have come up with nothing other than a Shaquille O'neal autograph ball with the same Sport Trader name tied to it. But I have found nothing as far as a company web-site, existence of a company or anything of the like.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated in finding out the origins of this ball and Sport Trader.

Thanks

JC
welcome to the hobby and forum. i have never heard of sport trader in 20 years of collecting. also with nba autographs the current superstar players are increadibly stingy when it comes to signing. they never do shows and in person most well not sign if you put a gun to their head. however, most stars at one time or another have had deals with upper deck authenticated including jordan, lebron, garnett, dwight howard, wade, durant, chris paul and yao so that is always your best source for autographs of current nba stars. kobe has been a uda exclusive for years although he also did a signing right after he was drafted that was supervised by psa/dna. so they are always your best bet for kobe stuff. sports trader could very well be a small company that hologramed their items as for whatever reason some small companies do. if noone has ever heard of them the hologram does not add any value to the item at all. while they obviously never did a sit down signing with kobe it is possible that they somehow snagged his sig and that the item is real. so if you post a pic people can help on that point.
Old 06-30-2010, 01:07 AM

I have been in the autograph hobby going on 30 years.And i have never heard of them.But that DOES NOT MEAN ANYTHING.As there is alot of online autograph places and with ebay there are alot of mom and pop kind of places also.As i have said before it's about what you think is authentic.Kobe has signed alot of items over his years and not just with famous companies.I have several signed kobe items myself in my collection.And does it mean because they didnt come from uda they are not authentic.No it does not as he signed before he signed with them.As i know of people that did private signings with him.Some people are just inlove with the famous companies and think they are the only people selling authenticate autographs.
Old 05-29-2011, 11:34 PM

Hi. Are you looking to sell it? I am a big kobe fan.