About Us

Contact Us

Autograph Forums
Contact Forum Moderator GameUsedForum.com Archive

Go Back   Autograph Forums > Football Autographs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-11-2010, 11:59 AM

Default hotel info

does anybody know what hotel the away teams stay at when they play the bucs??? or where the bucs stay?? b4 games
Old 04-05-2012, 09:18 PM

Default Re: hotel info

Speaking of a hotel alert, here is one you all need to know about . If you are ever in Orlando Florida. Most of the NBA teams stay at the Grand Bohemian Hotel. You have to stand out in the street which will get you a ticket from the PD, If you stand on the sidewalk, the hotel will have you banned and tresspassed from there, if you park your car near the hotel, the bus drivers there will block you in by "accident" and then the security staff will call the PD and again have you banned and trespassed. How do I know this ? i used to work on the security staff there. That is one reason I left there, I told them that you can ask them politely to leave, and give them the chance to, and that blocking their vehicles in was basically illegal as they are not allowed by law to do this, as it is also depriving people of their freeedom to leave. in a sense you have arrested them when you prevent them from leaving. If you do not have a legal reason to detain them you cannot do this, They basically said " oh well , who cares, and they would laugh at the fans getting banned.
Old 04-06-2012, 05:31 PM

Exclamation Re: hotel info

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramsrule View Post
Speaking of a hotel alert, here is one you all need to know about . If you are ever in Orlando Florida. Most of the NBA teams stay at the Grand Bohemian Hotel. You have to stand out in the street which will get you a ticket from the PD, If you stand on the sidewalk, the hotel will have you banned and tresspassed from there, if you park your car near the hotel, the bus drivers there will block you in by "accident" and then the security staff will call the PD and again have you banned and trespassed. How do I know this ? i used to work on the security staff there. That is one reason I left there, I told them that you can ask them politely to leave, and give them the chance to, and that blocking their vehicles in was basically illegal as they are not allowed by law to do this, as it is also depriving people of their freeedom to leave. in a sense you have arrested them when you prevent them from leaving. If you do not have a legal reason to detain them you cannot do this, They basically said " oh well , who cares, and they would laugh at the fans getting banned.
Hotels harassing collectors has been going on for decades. In Chicago the Westin, the most used hotel for visiting teams from all sports, has always been adversarial towards autograph seekers. One of the collectors got the idea of having 5 or 6 collectors rent and share a hotel room, and, by doing so, being able to challenge security to eject them because they were "paying customers". The Westin's response was to make it against hotel rules to ask anyone for an autograph anywhere on hotel property...guests incuded. In this case I don't really blame the Westin as, with few exceptions, the regulars that frequent the Chicago hotels are among the most obnoxious autograph seekers in the country.

In 1993, when I stayed at the Westin in Denver for a Cubs-Rockies series, I said hello to an older man and his grandson who were staked out inside the lobby, pen and ball in hand, behaving themselves while waiting for a chance to get Cubs autographs. I boarded an elevator to go to my room,and just caught one that had what appeared to be a busboy with a room service food cart. Once we began going up, the "busboy" (actually a security employee) reached inside the cart and pulled out a walkie-talkie, contacting a supervisor and alerting them that there were autograph collectors in the lobby (the man and boy) who needed to be ejected from the hotel...an incredibly overdeveloped cloak and dagger routine just to get a coupe of peope out of their lobby.

Dave Miedema
Old 04-07-2012, 06:08 AM

Exclamation Re: hotel info

Quote:
Originally Posted by sox83cubs84 View Post
In 1993, when I stayed at the Westin in Denver for a Cubs-Rockies series, I said hello to an older man and his grandson who were staked out inside the lobby, pen and ball in hand, behaving themselves while waiting for a chance to get Cubs autographs. I boarded an elevator to go to my room,and just caught one that had what appeared to be a busboy with a room service food cart. Once we began going up, the "busboy" (actually a security employee) reached inside the cart and pulled out a walkie-talkie, contacting a supervisor and alerting them that there were autograph collectors in the lobby (the man and boy) who needed to be ejected from the hotel...an incredibly overdeveloped cloak and dagger routine just to get a coupe of peope out of their lobby.
Great story, Dave. I've got this visual of a busboy taking off the top of a room service platter to reveal a walkie-talkie.