Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jayt1234
    • Apr 2007

Antonio Gates G/U Helmet

Up for sale on NFL Auctions. Any guesses as to how much this will go for?

Jay
  • mvandor
    Banned
    • Apr 2007

Re: Antonio Gates G/U Helmet

Eric alert, Eric alert!

Numbers were applied terribly to that helmet, my Gates RealStuff Sports replication looks exactly like that one, only better, is signed, and cost $300. Reckon I'll pass on this one...

Comment

• mvandor
      Banned
      • Apr 2007

BTW, there is an LT authentic jersey there for $1,000. Does someone think it's game used by mistake???

Comment

• jayt1234
        • Apr 2007

Real Stuff...

Is now selling game used helemts. Just scroll down on the link hafl way on the left hand side. Some are pretty reasonably priced. The Cowboys ones are a bit high.

Jay

Comment

• Vintagedeputy
          • Oct 2005

I love that pic of T.O. getting an eyefull!

Comment

• jayt1234
            • Apr 2007

Considering What Some of the Ebay Helmets

are going for and the fact that a common Jets player's helmet is already over $1200 I say this helmet brings in at least $2400

Jay

Comment

• aeneas01
              • May 2007

Re: Real Stuff...

Originally posted by jayt1234
              Is now selling game used helemts. Just scroll down on the link hafl way on the left hand side. Some are pretty reasonably priced. The Cowboys ones are a bit high.

Jay
              the "game used" niners helmet that can be seen on realstuffsports game used web page just sold on ebay a few days ago for $155 inclusive of s&h. fwiw it's a rawlings anfl model which really wasn't used at the pro level - rawlings had a couple of other models that were used at the pro level during this era including the relatively popular rts model.

hof center mike webster is the only pro i know of that wore a rawlings anfl - he wore it for one year. but, frankly, i'm not sure there has ever been an nfler that has gone through more different helmet models in a career than webster. although bradshaw is probably a very close second...
              robert

Comment

• aeneas01
                • May 2007

btw, anyone up for checking up on ebayer dalcowbil? mvandor? i would but he knows my ebay name and knows that i'm onto him...

if anyone is interested, send him an ebay pm and ask him for the heat-stamped numbers that can be found on the inside of the following helmets, below the earhole...

marcus spears
                anthony henry
                keith davis
                robert

Comment

• mvandor
                  Banned
                  • Apr 2007

Originally posted by aeneas01
                  btw, anyone up for checking up on ebayer dalcowbil? mvandor? i would but he knows my ebay name and knows that i'm onto him...

if anyone is interested, send him an ebay pm and ask him for the heat-stamped numbers that can be found on the inside of the following helmets, below the earhole...

marcus spears
                  anthony henry
                  keith davis
                  Done! Will post what I hear back...

Comment

• mvandor
                    Banned
                    • Apr 2007

He sidestepped the date stamp but does say he has team letters:

the only date from inside the spears helmet is the reconditioning sticker and it says 2005, the davis reconditioning sticker says dec 05 and also says made for the 2006 season, the henry helmet says nov 05 and made for 2006 season. all 3 helmets come with a team letter. paypal me at dalcowbill@socal.rr.com, add $30.00 shipping for all 3 helmets. bill

Comment

• mvandor
                      Banned
                      • Apr 2007

Reply from seller:

"no that's what riddell helmets use to feature on them, now even the riddells don't have it- i have an al singleton riddell helmet and i checked the inside of it and there is no date stamp on it. these 3 helmets that you want are schutt helmets and schutt does not do that either.

i have a staubach gamer with an embossed date stamp for 6500.00"

Comment

• aeneas01
                        • May 2007

good work mvandor! if you can, drop him a line as follows:

--------------

actually riddell still continues to date stamp their helmets and so does schutt - it's required by law. the date stamp allows for an audit trail in the event there is a problem with the integrity of the shell. both riddell and schutt heat-stamp (machine-engrave) this information on the inside of their shells.

as far as the three helmets i'm interested in are concerned, the numbers can be found on the inside of each helmet below one of the earholes - it's a 6-7 digit number that might be followed by a letter or two.

--------------
                        robert

Comment

• mvandor
                          Banned
                          • Apr 2007

Sent...

Comment

• Blake
                            • Mar 2007

I'm pretty sure Bill purchased the Henry and Davis helmets from Game Exclusives through one of the auction houses.

Gerald

Comment

• mvandor
                              Banned
                              • Apr 2007

Originally posted by mvandor
                              Sent...
                              Reply:

"that is not date stamped to me- the staubach helmet that i have is date stamped- it says '75 in the middle of a clock- on the spears helmet- the numbers below the earhole are 022103HL, the davis numbers are 033345HL, and the henry numbers are 033215HR. Bill"

Comment

Working...