PDA

View Full Version : NFL game jersey questions

Dewey2007
05-14-2008, 10:08 PM
A couple of questions for you NFL jersey experts out there. Does anyone have an idea of how many game jerseys a player is issued a year? Obviously they do repairs on jerseys so it's not like there getting a new one every game.

Also, I know teams get new jerseys for the Super Bowl but do teams generally just wear their regular season jerseys during the earlier rounds of the playoffs? I was looking at some 2003 Colts pics on Getty and it didn't look like their Divisional Round or AFC Championship jerseys had any special patches or anything.

Thanks!
Dewey

Neely8
05-14-2008, 10:17 PM
I know star Rams players have been known to wear one per game over the past few years.

saintsfan
05-19-2008, 06:15 AM
The Saints get a minimum of 2 per color per year, even the pre-season only players. I think the Reggie Bush types will go through a few more.

Tom

Dewey2007
05-19-2008, 09:29 AM
Thanks for that jersey info. I found an old thread on here that indicated the same.

Tom, can you e-mail me at: deweystg@berkeley.edu I have a question to ask you about a Saints jersey I'm looking for. Thanks!

cards-bats
05-19-2008, 11:00 AM
I know a Chiefs lineman and he told me that he is issued 1 per game but he likes to use the same home/road jersey as long as he can. He gives his extras away to friends/family members.