X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • eGameUsed
    Banned
    • Jan 2006

Show us your Pink Bats

So, with all the recent "show us" threads, how about a show us your pink bats thread. I will post a picture of mine later today. I personally like the idea and am surprised we haven't seen baby blue bats for Father's Day. Maybe next year.

Thanks,
  • TFig27
    • Oct 2006

Re: Show us your Pink Bats

2007 Johnny Damon Autographed Game Used Mother's Day Pink Bat

sigpic
    TFig27 - NY Yankees Collector
    A. Boone - R. Cano - N. Swisher - T. Martinez - P. O'Neill - E. Hinske
    J. Damon - R. Brogna - D. Bragg - W. Upshaw - K. Farnsworth

Comment

• twinsbb17
      • Jul 2007

Here's a picture of Erstad's pink bat from 2007. I have a non game used Joe Mauer Pink bat that he signed to my mom for mother's day. I can throw a picture of it up later if anyone's interested :-)

Ultimate Collector of Darin Erstad, Nick Blackburn, Michael Restovich, and Twins Game Used Jerseys

Comment

• HENMICK44
        • Mar 2008

Anybody Got A Mientkiewicz Pink Bat????????????????
        henmick44@optonline.net

Comment

• AWA85
          • Jan 2008

Won an Edwin Encarnacion 08 pink bat last night, now I just have to wait for it.
          Looking for: Joey Votto game used items.

Comment

• brianborsch
            • Dec 2005

I just won the Daric Barton game used bat from mlb.com. I know he is having the most HORRIBLE begining, but I feel he will be good and this could be THE bat he hit the HR with! He only had 1 at bat! Shooting for the Ellsbury next. That one is going to be pricey as I (and another bidder) have pushed that up in the $1600 range already! Jacoby better have a long career!

Brian B

Comment

• yanks12025
              • Jan 2006

Brian
              Hope you win the Ellsbury. But i think his only good thing is his speed.

Comment

• brianborsch
                • Dec 2005

I thought about it and probably won't bid on Ellsbury's pink bat now. I am just bummed I missed out on the Butler bat. I wanted to bid on it in the last minutes but I got stuck in a meeting and couldn't get to it in time! I had it all planned out and work got in the way! I hope it resurfaces ! Glad I got the Barton. I don't know how I am going to know it was his HR bat. Maybe I can write him?

Brian B

Comment

• frikativ54
                  • Dec 2007

Originally posted by brianborsch
                  I thought about it and probably won't bid on Ellsbury's pink bat now. I am just bummed I missed out on the Butler bat. I wanted to bid on it in the last minutes but I got stuck in a meeting and couldn't get to it in time! I had it all planned out and work got in the way! I hope it resurfaces ! Glad I got the Barton. I don't know how I am going to know it was his HR bat. Maybe I can write him?

Brian B
                  Sorry to hear about the Butler bat; I hope you find it again. It is stories like these which make me glad that I am of the "bid early and bid often" philosophy. I would rather pay more and be guaranteed the victory than chance being outbid in the final seconds as a sniper.
                  Les Zukor
                  bagwellgameused@gmail.com
                  Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
                  (617) 682-0408

Comment

• OaklandAsFan
                    • Sep 2007

Originally posted by brianborsch

Brian B

sorry bout the Cargo HR ball the guy never got in touch with me Brian but if you want I will have my mother ask Daric about the bat this weekend. She has season tix right next to the A's dugout and talks to the players all the time.
                    Is the bat autographed?

Comment

• frikativ54
                      • Dec 2007

Originally posted by eGameUsed
                      I personally like the idea [of pink bats] and am surprised we haven't seen baby blue bats for Father's Day. Maybe next year.
                      Chris,

That is quite an interesting idea you have regarding the blue bats for Father's Day; perhaps the money could be donated to a prostate cancer foundation. Though I am concerned that it may not catch on as well as the pink bats for Mother's Day. Every day seems to be father's day with his son at the park. To the contrary, what makes the Mother's Day pink bat promotion so successful is that there is not that strong of a tradition of mothers taking their daughters to the ballpark. Plus it seems that everybody knows someone who has suffered from breat cancer, where I don't find prostate cancer to be discussed as much openly. Just a few thoughts on this matter. Perhaps you have other ideas in mind.
                      Les Zukor
                      bagwellgameused@gmail.com
                      Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
                      (617) 682-0408

Comment

• BMH
                        • Jul 2007

From a manufacturer's point of view even doing the Pink bats is a challenge. We gave out 500 of them this year and all for free. The cost isn't that big of a deal, we fully support the idea and we are the ones who originally went with the idea to MLB. The main problem is the wood. For those 500 we turned almost 700 bats to make the weights and specs the player's wanted. This is the same game wood we usually make them. Mother's Day comes at the end of the ST and Opening Day rush and our stock is depleted. Player's get pretty pissed that they can get two pink bats but we can't fill their order of 12 for the regular season.
                        Brian Hillerich

Comment

• brianborsch
                          • Dec 2005

"sorry bout the Cargo HR ball the guy never got in touch with me Brian but if you want I will have my mother ask Daric about the bat this weekend."

OaklandAsfan,

Sure, if your mother can do that that would be great. Who won the Butler bat?

Comment

• AWA85
                            • Jan 2008

Does MLB throw the game used name on things easily for those of you that have dealt with them before? Pretty sure Jeff Keppinger had some kind of hitting streak going maybe it was his last 6 at bats or so he hat a hit and I thought he did not use a pink bat.

Just wondering because his bat is listed as game used on mlb.com?
                            Looking for: Joey Votto game used items.

Comment

• jrhrlh
                              • Jun 2007

I don't know how they decide to list an item as GU but I have been watching the Pirates auctions and they have had a number of pink bats listed as GU. Here's the problem, the game was rained out and rescheduled as a DH the next day. The teams were told they could use the bats in the first game if they would like but only 1 Pirate player was mentioned as doing so.

Comment

Working...