Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Swoboda4
    • Nov 2005

Who Has A-Rod Items?

$250 million dollar fraud contract. $6 Million extra for each mile stone. The biggest Fraud in baseball history. Who today is happy they have A-Rod items? Nobody. Barry Bonds is on the back burner. Who can't wait to go to opening day at Yankee Stadium? Nobody Where have you gone Scott Brosius. I'll keep David Wright with my Mets you keep this Idiot,and FOR YEARS TO COME!!!!!!.
    HA HA HA HA!!!!!!
  • joelsabi
    • Aug 2005

Re: Who Has A-Rod Items?

Originally posted by Swoboda4
    $250 million dollar fraud contract. $6 Million extra for each mile stone. The biggest Fraud in baseball history. Who today is happy they have A-Rod items? Nobody. Barry Bonds is on the back burner. Who can't wait to go to opening day at Yankee Stadium? Nobody Where have you gone Scott Brosius. I'll keep David Wright with my Mets you keep this Idiot,and FOR YEARS TO COME!!!!!!.
    HA HA HA HA!!!!!!
    OK. I am a nobody.
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

Comment

• Mr.3000

Anyone want to sell their legit A-Rod Mariners/Rangers game used jerseys (with solid provenance)? I will buy each and everyone at a discounted rate because of htis steroid scandal.

:crickets chirping:

I didn't think so.

Comment

• frikativ54
        • Dec 2007

Originally posted by Swoboda4
        $250 million dollar fraud contract. $6 Million extra for each mile stone. The biggest Fraud in baseball history.
        Come on, A-Rod may be a lousy human being with his abandoning his family, he may have cheated the game of baseball, but "the biggest Fraud in baseball history" is a stretch. Be fair, with or without steroids, A-Rod is one of the best hitters to play the game of baseball. Would I take Pujols over A-Rod? Of course. But don't forget, you are vilifying A-Rod for something a good percentage of MLB athletes did, namely, using steroids. Seems like all the A-Rod haters are coming out of the woodwork.
        Les Zukor
        bagwellgameused@gmail.com
        Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
        (617) 682-0408

Comment

• HENMICK44
          • Mar 2008

At least he didn't give an STD to someone like one of your hero Mets-Swoboda

Comment

• Mr.3000

Originally posted by frikativ54
            Come on, A-Rod may be a lousy human being with his abandoning his family, he may have cheated the game of baseball, but "the biggest Fraud in baseball history" is a stretch. Be fair, with or without steroids, A-Rod is one of the best hitters to play the game of baseball. Would I take Pujols over A-Rod? Of course. But don't forget, you are vilifying A-Rod for something a good percentage of MLB athletes did, namely, using steroids. Seems like all the A-Rod haters are coming out of the woodwork.
            So every man that gets a divorce is labeled as "abandoning his family" ? I guess it would then be fair to say every lesbian shouldn't be a mother since she's not married to a man.

Neither are fair assessments.

Comment

• spartakid
              • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Mr.3000
              So every man that gets a divorce is labeled as "abandoning his family" ? I guess it would then be fair to say every lesbian shouldn't be a mother since she's not married to a man.

Neither are fair assessments.
              Well, when the circumstances by which he left his family (the whole Madonna thing,) I think that could be considered abandonment. I feel sorry for the children most of all, that's who he really let down. I'm not sure if the Madonna thing was ever proven, but I assume those rumors had a basis of truth to them. IMHO, Ricardo
              Ricardo Montoya

ri.montoya at yahoo dot com

Comment

• schubert1970
                Banned
                • Jun 2008

I've got a kick ass bat and proud of it! Just another chapter in a book that won't be finished for several years.

Just wanted to lighten this thread up a bit with some jokes I found on the NYPOST web site. Some of these are really creative. Being an AROD fan these made me laugh.....life is too short.

"Start spreading the news, I'm leavin today, I want to be A-FRAUD of it, New York, New York!"

"If you ain't cheating, you ain't trying"

"Sholess isn't in the HOF, big deal"

"Next year Baseball Hall of Fame should induct THE ASTERICK"

Comment

• allstarsplus
                  • Nov 2005

This may be a good place for some education on steroids. Anabolic steroids were first used in the 1930's and some Russian athletes were said to be performing with them in the 1952 Olympics.

They were widely available legally to US athletes in the late 1950's so although no names are generally being associated with steroid for players of 1970's and prior, we may never know if someone used them.

I am not sure about any of the big HR hitters, but here are some names of players that were clean: Babe Ruth, Mel Ott, Jimmie Foxx, Hank Greenberg, Ted Williams, to name a few and I am sure the list can be added to.

As far as ARod goes, I don't know anything for certain so "allegedly" doesn't do it for me.

Every time another name is linked to steroids it is a shame, but like I have said before, there are 100's that have not been exposed or chose Human Growth Hormone or steroids with masking agents, etc and have gone "uncaught" so when I see people guessing at who is and who isn't based on what Canseco says or the Mitchell Report, I don't think it is fair.

The guy I feel bad for is the guy that never got out of AAA because a cheater took his roster spot. I feel sorry for the guy who had his record broken by a cheater.

Only the cheaters truly know who they are.
                  Regards,
                  Andrew Lang
                  AllstarsPlus@aol.com
                  202-716-8500

Comment

• spartakid
                    • Oct 2008

Originally posted by schubert1970
                    I've got a kick ass bat and proud of it! Just another chapter in a book that won't be finished for several years.

Just wanted to lighten this thread up a bit with some jokes I found on the NYPOST web site. Some of these are really creative. Being an AROD fan these made me laugh.....life is too short.

"Start spreading the news, I'm leavin today, I want to be A-FRAUD of it, New York, New York!"

"If you ain't cheating, you ain't trying"

"Sholess isn't in the HOF, big deal"

"Next year Baseball Hall of Fame should induct THE ASTERICK"
                    Is that a typo or a pun?
                    Ricardo Montoya

ri.montoya at yahoo dot com

Comment

• larry bourget
                      • Nov 2005

Bring Back Pete Rose,....so he bet on a little baseball. Big Deal! Who did he really hurt,.......he was not a wife beater, caught numerous times as a crack head and reinstated over and over and over the Howe/Strawberry Rainbow. MLB should get their Ethics and Priorities strait. Pete should be back in Baseball, He was their Best Ambassador.

LB

Comment

• xpress34
                        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by larry bourget
                        Bring Back Pete Rose,....so he bet on a little baseball. Big Deal! MLB should get their Ethics and Priorities strait. Pete should be back in Baseball, He was their Best Ambassador.

LB
                        I agree!!!! And he NEVER bet AGAINST his team!!! Wouldn't that mean he would try even HARDER to WIN?!?!?!

While I agree it's unfair that @$$-Rod's name is the only one leaked of the 104 names on the report - he is also probably the BIGGEST name on the list and the statements he made in 2007 to Katie Couric just make him a liar as well.

Just makes you wish even more that Griffey Jr hadn't had all the injuries - and that someone would sign him - as he is now (more than ever) MLB's poster boy for how to play the game right along with Derek Jeter.

I do have to say though... the story didn't come as a shock to me.

Just more of MLB players destroying the integrity of the game they profess to love.

My .02 -

Chris

Comment

• xpress34
                          • Sep 2008

On another note, glad I sold my A-Rod GU 2003 Rangers Hat in 2004 for a tidy little profit.

Bought it from ASI before the Season Ended in 2003 (July 4th hat w/ Flag Patch) Auto and inscribed GU by A-Rod for about $400.

Sold right after winning MVP and trade to Yankees for a bit over $1,200.

Wasn't planning on selling, but that was an offer I couldn't refuse...

- Chris

Comment

• kellsox
                            • Jan 2006

Originally posted by xpress34
                            I agree!!!! And he NEVER bet AGAINST his team!!! Wouldn't that mean he would try even HARDER to WIN?!?!?!

While I agree it's unfair that @$$-Rod's name is the only one leaked of the 104 names on the report - he is also probably the BIGGEST name on the list and the statements he made in 2007 to Katie Couric just make him a liar as well.

Just makes you wish even more that Griffey Jr hadn't had all the injuries - and that someone would sign him - as he is now (more than ever) MLB's poster boy for how to play the game right along with Derek Jeter.

I do have to say though... the story didn't come as a shock to me.

Just more of MLB players destroying the integrity of the game they profess to love.

My .02 -

Chris
                            What about the games that he didn't bet for his team?? If you believe that he would "try harder" to win then why not bet on his team every game?

Comment

• schubert1970
                              Banned
                              • Jun 2008

Why do people think everthing in baseball is sacrosanct, when it never has been.....

After watching more news coverage today, I'm a little sick of hearing how steroids ruined baseball. I guess for some people, history only begins when they are born. Remember, this is the same game that wouldn't allow the participation of African Americans. I'm sure writers and others believed that by allowing AA's to play baseball, records would be ruined and the game tarnished. I could name other numerous examples of changes in baseball that were going to ruin the integrity of the game. Just another chapter.........

Comment

Working...