Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bigtruck260
    • Sep 2007

McGwire Gamer on Ebay...

Have been in the market for a while - but am interested in this one for a different reason. I am not a Mac expert, but I have seen enough out there to think that the handle does not look right. The label tar looks OK, but I always thought that the handle was caked too...

Could be wrong. What do y'all think? If the seller is here, I'm not calling you out - just asking for additional info. I have also emailed you via eBay.

Dave
    Looking for 1990's STL Cardinal starting pitcher's bats
    River City Redbird Authentics
    http://www.freewebs.com/bigtruck260/

sigpic
  • Rboitano
    • Nov 2005

Re: McGwire Gamer on Ebay...

Not a fan of this bat at all. Tar and use is not what I would like to see. Secondly it is from California Sports Inv. which has had some issues with some bats being doctored with use. I would stay away.

Comment

• skyking26
      • Dec 2005

Never have seen a bat that looks quite like this... I don't like it either.
      ROBERT KOPPEL
      Skyking26 - 35 year collector of Dave Kingman memorabilia. Also seek 500 HR and 3000 Hit GU Bats,
      and 1968, 1984, HOF Tigers GU Bats...Skyking442@hotmail.com

Comment

• Birdbats
        • Nov 2005

Not even close, Dave. Run away!
        Jeff Scott
        birdbats@charter.net
        http://www.birdbats.com

Comment

• bigtruck260
          • Sep 2007

That's what I thought. Much appreciated -

This might be a case of the seller not knowing what he has/doesn't have. Hard to blame the seller without having proof that he's either done it in the past - or has pulled other scams. It stinks when turds get into the secondary market and disappear for a few years...

Thanks fellas.
          Dave
          Looking for 1990's STL Cardinal starting pitcher's bats
          River City Redbird Authentics
          http://www.freewebs.com/bigtruck260/

sigpic

Comment

• skyking26
            • Dec 2005

Originally posted by bigtruck260

This might be a case of the seller not knowing what he has/doesn't have. Hard to blame the seller without having proof that he's either done it in the past - or has pulled other scams. It stinks when turds get into the secondary market and disappear for a few years...

Thanks fellas.
            Dave,

There are a few of us looking for a Mac gamer. What makes my hunt a little tougher is mine must be uncracked and signed. There are precious few around. I've been looking for awhile; and I know of at least 2 or 3 others right on this board looking as well. Give me the criteria for yours in an email. I have a friend who might fall into your "zone."

Bob
            ROBERT KOPPEL
            Skyking26 - 35 year collector of Dave Kingman memorabilia. Also seek 500 HR and 3000 Hit GU Bats,
            and 1968, 1984, HOF Tigers GU Bats...Skyking442@hotmail.com

Comment

• mr.miracle
              • Apr 2006

Thanks fellas.
              I spoke to this seller who apparently is running a baseball shop/memorabilia company out of I believe Michigan. He said he has not only this bat but two other 98 McGwire's on consignment that he was trying to sell. If I still have the pics from all three bats I will post for review but none of them were even close. They all looked very much the same. I never asked if they all came from the same seller as I was curious how someone would have three 98 McGwire's all on consignment unless they were a huge collector but the tar patterns were way off on all three and none of them showed any use whatsoever.

Thanks,
              Brett Herman

brettherman2131@hotmail.com

Always looking for Cal Ripken Jr. Brooks Robinson, Boog Powell and Orioles game used bats and jersey's.

Comment

• mr.miracle
                • Apr 2006

Originally posted by mr.miracle
                I spoke to this seller who apparently is running a baseball shop/memorabilia company out of I believe Michigan. He said he has not only this bat but two other 98 McGwire's on consignment that he was trying to sell. If I still have the pics from all three bats I will post for review but none of them were even close. They all looked very much the same. I never asked if they all came from the same seller as I was curious how someone would have three 98 McGwire's all on consignment unless they were a huge collector but the tar patterns were way off on all three and none of them showed any use whatsoever.

Thanks,
                Sorry, I had the wrong seller, it is actually Collectandsave on ebay that is selling currently a 98 McGwire that has the other two not the current posted auction that BigTruck listed. Wrong McGwire bat.

Thanks,
                Brett Herman

brettherman2131@hotmail.com

Always looking for Cal Ripken Jr. Brooks Robinson, Boog Powell and Orioles game used bats and jersey's.

Comment

• kingjammy24
                  • Nov 2005

forget the seller for a minute. the bat comes with mighty ron fukushima's loa yet the bat is so bad that jeff scott says to run away? is it possible that the loa was swapped with a bad bat? or did ron sell a bad mcgwire?

rudy.

Comment

Working...