Firsts at New Yankee Stadium

First save: not close enough
    First triple: none
    First double: Ben Francisco
    First HR: Jorge Posada
    First Walk: Kelly Shoppach
    First K: Victor Martinez
    First SO: C.C. Sabathia
    First steal: none (Grady caught stealing by Posada)
    First RBI: Kelly Shoppach
    First Run: Ben Francisco
    First single: Johnny Damon
    First Standing Ovation: Yogi Berra throwing out first pitch
    First Pitch: C.C. Sabathia
    First out: Grad Sizemore
    First Lost: Jose Veras
    First win: Cliff Lee
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.
  • joelsabi
    • Aug 2005

Re: Firsts at New Yankee Stadium

First Grandslam: Grady Sizemore

Originally posted by joelsabi
    First save: not close enough
    First triple: none
    First double: Ben Francisco
    First HR: Jorge Posada
    First Walk: Kelly Shoppach
    First K: Victor Martinez
    First SO: C.C. Sabathia
    First steal: none (Grady caught stealing by Posada)
    First RBI: Kelly Shoppach
    First Run: Ben Francisco
    First single: Johnny Damon
    First Standing Ovation: Yogi Berra throwing out first pitch
    First Pitch: C.C. Sabathia
    First out: Grad Sizemore
    First Lost: Jose Veras
    First win: Cliff Lee
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

Comment

• larry bourget
      • Nov 2005

You forgot the First GRAND SLAM Home Run by Grady Sizemore,....and the idiot who caught it threw it back on the field. What a Moron.

LB

Comment

• bigtime59
        • Nov 2005

Words cannot express my joy that the Yankee$ opened New ATM $tadium with a loss. May it be the first of many.
        Mark
        msutton59@gmail.com

Comment

• yanks12025
          • Jan 2006

bigtime59,
          Do you even like a team. If so your probably jealous/mad because your team don't put the money they make from the couple fans they have back into the team.

Comment

• markize
            • Apr 2008

Originally posted by yanks12025
            bigtime59,
            Do you even like a team. If so your probably jealous/mad because your team don't put the money they make from the couple fans they have back into the team.
            Yanks,

If memory serves me right, he has season tickets to the borioles. The problem with that team putting money back into the team is that most of the fans are rooting for the visiting team. go to Baltimore when the Yankees play, you will see what I mean!! I do remember the orioles winning a WS, but I think there were dinosaurs on earth then!!!

Mark

Comment

• metsbats
              • Nov 2005

Originally posted by larry bourget
              You forgot the First GRAND SLAM Home Run by Grady Sizemore,....and the idiot who caught it threw it back on the field. What a Moron.

LB

Last night some Met fan at Citi Field thru back on to the field Adrian Gonzalez's 100th home run ball!
              metsbats86@aol.com

Always looking for 1973,1986,1988,1999,2000,2006 game used Mets post season and Bobby M. Jones and Ed Hearn NY Mets game used bats.

Comment

• joelsabi
                • Aug 2005

LB
                i posted it as the second message. i wonder if the guy regrets it later but maybe it will start a tradition in the new park like at wrigley.
                Regards,
                Joel S.
                joelsabi @ gmail.com

Comment

• joelsabi
                  • Aug 2005

Originally posted by metsbats
                  Last night some Met fan at Citi Field thru back on to the field Adrian Gonzalez's 100th home run ball!
                  i wonder if they announced it during the game after he threw it back.
                  Regards,
                  Joel S.
                  joelsabi @ gmail.com

Comment

• Sheffield11
                    • Mar 2006

First disappointment.......
                    Anthony Bragg

Comment

• suave1477
                      Banned
                      • Jan 2006

i posted it as the second message. i wonder if the guy regrets it later but maybe it will start a tradition in the new park like at wrigley.
                      Joelsabi Yankee fans have always done that. I have been to many games where if a visiting team hit a home run that hurt us. All of a sudden you will hear a chant "THROW IT BACK"

I remember I went to one game and the only hit the other team got was a Home Run. The guy who caught it was one section from me. He was so excited that he caught a Home Run. Then the whole stadium started chanting "Throw it back". He was so excited to catch the ball he didn't want to throw it back. He started refusing to thrw it back. Believe it or not the chant kept going and getting louder at the guy for about another 5 to 6 minutes till he eventually threw it back.

Comment

• joelsabi
                        • Aug 2005

Originally posted by suave1477
                        Joelsabi Yankee fans have always done that. I have been to many games where if a visiting team hit a home run that hurt us. All of a sudden you will hear a chant "THROW IT BACK"

I remember I went to one game and the only hit the other team got was a Home Run. The guy who caught it was one section from me. He was so excited that he caught a Home Run. Then the whole stadium started chanting "Throw it back". He was so excited to catch the ball he didn't want to throw it back. He started refusing to thrw it back. Believe it or not the chant kept going and getting louder at the guy for about another 5 to 6 minutes till he eventually threw it back.
                        i hear you. i dont think it is a well advertised as at wrigley tho. i have been to games in los angeles and seattle where they have thrown the hr ball back. just wondering about the consistency this occurs. i would think the pressure to throw back the away hr baseball would be as strong at yankee stadium as at wrigley.
                        Regards,
                        Joel S.
                        joelsabi @ gmail.com

Comment

• joelsabi
                          • Aug 2005

Originally posted by Sheffield11
                          First disappointment.......
                          first disappointment: not putting in Swisher to pitch in the ninth.
                          Regards,
                          Joel S.
                          joelsabi @ gmail.com

Comment

• suave1477
                            Banned
                            • Jan 2006

i hear you. i dont think it is a well advertised as at wrigley tho. i have been to games in los angeles and seattle where they have thrown the hr ball back. just wondering about the consistency this occurs. i would think the pressure to throw back the away hr baseball would be as strong at yankee stadium as at wrigley.
                            Joelsabi I think it happens a lot more then not. From the games I have been too I have heard/seen it done many times. But on tv they don't show it. Usually when it happens the camera men cut to the broadcasters and you don't get to see it happen. I would believe this is for PR purposes they don't want to show on camera the Yankees fans "qoute n qoute" having bad sportsmanship.

In all the Yankees games I have seen on tv only once when someone hit a home run and they cut right to the broadcasters, did I faintly hear in the background audio the chant starting.

Comment

• joelsabi
                              • Aug 2005

LB
                              I would have kept the ball and pretended I dont speak english. Besides Sizemore is a Yankee in 2011.
                              Regards,
                              Joel S.
                              joelsabi @ gmail.com

Comment

Working...