PDA

View Full Version : Griffey Jersey experts, help

justinwc80
07-07-2009, 08:51 PM
Does anyone have a legit Griffey Reds era batting practice jersey or know the proper size? I'm looking at this auction, here is the listing:

2000 Ken Griffey Jr. professional model Cincinnati Reds batting practice jersey, Reds logo on front left, and "GRIFFEY" and #30 on back. A "Reds 25 and 10 Year World Champion Anniversaries" patch is on the left sleeve. Retains its original Majestic size 48 tagging on front lower left and "0006" wash tag in tail. Jersey exhibits light to moderate usage wear.

I appreciate any help. Thanks as always for the expert help.

sox83cubs84
07-07-2009, 09:52 PM
Does anyone have a legit Griffey Reds era batting practice jersey or know the proper size? I'm looking at this auction, here is the listing:

2000 Ken Griffey Jr. professional model Cincinnati Reds batting practice jersey, Reds logo on front left, and "GRIFFEY" and #30 on back. A "Reds 25 and 10 Year World Champion Anniversaries" patch is on the left sleeve. Retains its original Majestic size 48 tagging on front lower left and "0006" wash tag in tail. Jersey exhibits light to moderate usage wear.

I appreciate any help. Thanks as always for the expert help.

I don't want to commit without a hands-on inspection, but I can say that (a) the size is reasonable, (b) 0006 is the correct interior tag, and (c) the patch is accurate in its chronology.

Dave M.
Chicago area

AWA85
07-08-2009, 08:31 AM
I believe you are talking about the jersey that is in the current auction? It looks good to me based on sizing and jersey characteristics. Not sure on how much use it has, but everything else looks good on it I believe.

ahuff
07-08-2009, 08:45 AM
I have one, but I'm at the office right now. e-mail me and I'll send you some photos of the one I have. I purchased mine directly from the Reds.

rangers2021(at)yahoo <dot> com