X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Anabolicollege17
    Banned
    • May 2013

Tebow helmet on NFL auctions

Kind of a hidden auction located on the Jets side panel. It has 18 days left. Anyone know how much that helmet can/would fetch? Just curious being he's not on team anymore. I know his game jersey on eBay right now is over 3,000$ and he's not even on team/ might never play QB in NFL again. Does that make his items more rare? or less valuable. It seems his stuff is still a hot commodity. So he will never go broke as long as he keeps/sells all his stuff when he's old and retired lol..

Link for helmet. (Cool that it has the S.H.E.S sticker on it) http://www.nflauction.nfl.com/iSynAp...1&pgmode2=club
  • Jags Fan Dan
    • Apr 2007

Re: Tebow helmet on NFL auctions

Originally posted by Anabolicollege17
    Kind of a hidden auction located on the Jets side panel. It has 18 days left. Anyone know how much that helmet can/would fetch? Just curious being he's not on team anymore. I know his game jersey on eBay right now is over 3,000$ and he's not even on team/ might never play QB in NFL again. Does that make his items more rare? or less valuable. It seems his stuff is still a hot commodity. So he will never go broke as long as he keeps/sells all his stuff when he's old and retired lol..

Link for helmet. (Cool that it has the S.H.E.S sticker on it) http://www.nflauction.nfl.com/iSynAp...1&pgmode2=club
    The fact that his career as an NFL Qb may be over should definitely have a negative impact on the value of his items. That jersey in 10 years will not be worth anywhere near half that in my opinion.

Comment

• jhunt28
      • Oct 2008

Personally I think it's nuts! But clearly someone is a fan of his, and the money goes to charity...but if you're looking for resale value down the road, I cannot imagine it would be worth more than 20% of the closing price of this helmet.

His Broncos jersey sold on AMI two years ago for $11,790!! Now consider that All-Pro Classics was also selling a Tebow Jets helmet this year (so this would be his second helmet up for auction this season), I can't see this holding value given his lack of playing time, production and future NFL career.

His Jets jersey got to around $5k in bidding before the season began this year, but didn't hit a reserve. I'm sure there are some fanatical Tebow fans who would love to see their money go towards a good cause, and own a nice piece of memorabilia...but I'm not one of them.

Comment

• toddhead
        • Sep 2006

I think everyone is underestimating the loyalty of his fan base... they paid to have billboards put up!

He may never play another down in the NFL, but I believe his stuff will stand the test of time and may increase in value if and when he decides to go into politics.
        Always on the lookout for Garin Cecchini game used items especially Greenville Drive and Salem Red Sox jerseys.
        I accept PM's so shoot me a message.

Comment

• Anabolicollege17
          Banned
          • May 2013

Tebow in Politics? I heard he wasn't a bright guy at all. Just a fun loving guy.

Comment

• toddhead
            • Sep 2006

Tebow in Politics? I heard he wasn't a bright guy at all. Just a fun loving guy.
            ... well, I am sure the same can be said about many politicians.

I would be willing to place a large bet that he gets into politics at some point.
            Always on the lookout for Garin Cecchini game used items especially Greenville Drive and Salem Red Sox jerseys.
            I accept PM's so shoot me a message.

Comment

• cohibasmoker
              Banned
              • Aug 2005

I looked up his GPA average at Florida and it was 3.76

As for a fun loving guy, I could not agree more - he spends the off season helping disadvantaged kids and ministry work with his parents. Below is a link to his family.

Jim

Comment

• mad87man
                • Feb 2011

Originally posted by jhunt28
                Personally I think it's nuts! But clearly someone is a fan of his, and the money goes to charity...but if you're looking for resale value down the road, I cannot imagine it would be worth more than 20% of the closing price of this helmet.

His Broncos jersey sold on AMI two years ago for $11,790!! Now consider that All-Pro Classics was also selling a Tebow Jets helmet this year (so this would be his second helmet up for auction this season), I can't see this holding value given his lack of playing time, production and future NFL career.

His Jets jersey got to around $5k in bidding before the season began this year, but didn't hit a reserve. I'm sure there are some fanatical Tebow fans who would love to see their money go towards a good cause, and own a nice piece of memorabilia...but I'm not one of them.
                I believe this is the only helmet out for the year b/c All Pro lost the contract halfway thru the year.

Comment

Working...