X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • woodbat
    • Apr 2007

Re: The Response I got from X Bats

Originally posted by cigarman44
    Am I wrong but dont all SAM bats have team names on them?
    Not all SAM bats show the team name.

woodbat

Comment

• BMH
      • Jul 2007

Originally posted by cigarman44
      Am I wrong but dont all SAM bats have team names on them?
      Yeah, they'll be getting a letter from us and MLB too
      Brian Hillerich

Comment

• bigjimsguitars
        • Sep 2007

Okay, I tried to order a bat from X Bats, the order at first went through, then I got an email from them saying that they charge 135.00 for a bat with a Major League Players name on it as it would have to be a Pro Player Bat and not a Pro Model Bat.

There was no need to complete the order as it was consistent with what allstar stated. Allstar, please accept my apology. The mixed message I got from X Bats was that 99% of the stuff being sold as Game Used (bearing their name) was fake.

In one respect, it's good that they are not selling Pro Model Bats with a Major Leaguers Moniker on it. So is it safe to say that any X Bat that is Labeled Pro Model under the players name is legit? Maybe, but I would bet there are some fakes out there.

I'm still taken back by their arrogance with respect to those who collect Game Used Memorabilia. I would think that they would actually embrace us and not debase us.

I also apologize to all on the GUU that saw the worst side of me...I really am a nice guy and believe in the truth and integrity.
        Always looking for Dodger Game Used Jerseys

Comment

• Nnunnari
          Banned
          • Sep 2006

A.) The person you originally talked to wasn't very informed/educated, that you should've picked up on right away.
          B.) I'm pretty sure the reference to 99% of stuff being fake was an exaggeration and he was referring to the memorablia industry as a whole. For some reason you thought this meant the percentage of their game used bats being sold were 99% fake (and took it literally), as if this guy follows the game used bat industry.
          C.) You completely overreacted to his response and your inability to realize that this guy was probably the same guy slapping labels on the shipping boxes w/ no real useful info is astonishing- I'm glad it gave you something to fret over for the past couple of weeks.

Do us a favor and try thinking over your next post before you waste any more of our time.

Nick

Comment

• bigjimsguitars
            • Sep 2007

Originally posted by Nnunnari
            A.) The person you originally talked to wasn't very informed/educated, that you should've picked up on right away.
            B.) I'm pretty sure the reference to 99% of stuff being fake was an exaggeration and he was referring to the memorablia industry as a whole. For some reason you thought this meant the percentage of their game used bats being sold were 99% fake (and took it literally), as if this guy follows the game used bat industry.
            C.) You completely overreacted to his response and your inability to realize that this guy was probably the same guy slapping labels on the shipping boxes w/ no real useful info is astonishing- I'm glad it gave you something to fret over for the past couple of weeks.

Do us a favor and try thinking over your next post before you waste any more of our time.

Nick
            Deserved

Comment

• gameused
              • Nov 2005

Originally posted by Nnunnari

Nick
              Nick,

Well said!! It's too bad we never got around to the terms of the bet, I was going to propose that the loser of the bet stay away from the forum for 6 months, it would have been nice not hearing from this guy for that long.

Bobby

Comment

• bigjimsguitars
                • Sep 2007

Originally posted by gameused
                Nick,

Well said!! It's too bad we never got around to the terms of the bet, I was going to propose that the loser of the bet stay away from the forum for 6 months, it would have been nice not hearing from this guy for that long.

Bobby

I can see that you are a real class act!!!

Comment

Working...