Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Steroids, Collectors Blacklist

"Alleged" steroid use? Of course steroids have been used. Grand Jury testimony was unfortunately leaked(which is a crime)and we now know it's not just an assumption. Today's overdue announcement by Bud Selig is in the category of "not letting it happen again"and to "publicly REVEAL USERS" endquote. What is "it" it is steroids and performance enhancers. Selig was asked if a celebration is planned for Bonds eclipsing Ruth and Aaron records. His response was "we'll address that later" not "yes". This is unfortunately a reality not a guess or assumption. And what makes anyone believe only hitters use steroids.pitchers are the exact players that need muscle recovery more than any other player. As far as Clemens is concerned I never seen anyone work out so hard and run that much and not loose weight. He doesn't over eat and his health conscious(?).
    No I didn't personally check his blood for substances. But the question was posed,who would you avoid collecting due to the steroids situation and that is the answer that always came to my mind since he left Boston. The other player that bothers me is a favorite of mine,Dykstra. Even major league players have said this now openly on ESPN radio. Dykstra was a skinny kid that in Phila. looked like he got stung by a million bees.He's humongous,ready to explode. Met Pitcher Grant Roberts was suspended by MLB for USING STEROIDS. Twins pitcher Juan Rincon suspended for using steroids,on and on. Ken Caminitti, dead-first to admit using steroids,albeit after retirement. It's not harmless,it alters baseball(Piazza was second in the MVP voting when Caminitti won-a year he admitted using performance enhancers. I'm sorry for the rant,and I like all the members responding to this thread but this thing is killing our sport.
    PS:I wote columnist Phil Mushnick about all this and I ended it with,"..if Aaron used steroids how many more home runs would he have hit? Mushnicks answer was,"It not a question of how many more home runs but how long would he have been dead ? ''

Jenkins drug use did not help him win baseball games. It hindered, not enhanced ,his performance. Also AM1000 in Chicago is reporting that 2 all star players(one AL East and one NL Central)have tested postive for steroids and names will soon be revealed. Jim Rome reports Clemens is thought to be the National League player but will not be named(like Grant Roberts,Rincon)pending an appeal.

A list of known users,
    1. Palmeiro caught last year by MLB testing
    2. Canseco admitted to using in his book
    3. Bonds named in book Game of Shadow, you people who dont believe he was a user need to read this book.
    4. Cameniti admitted to SI
    5. Sheffield admitted to SI that he unknowingly used
    6. Giambi Jason admitted in Grand Jury testimony
    7. Giambi Jeromy, admitted to I believe a Kansas City newspaper
    8. McGwire admitted using Andro, which is now a banned performance enhancer and illegal.
    There were also 11 other Major leagures caught in last years testing, and many more minor leagures.

Canseco named in his book
    1. Pudge
    2. Palmeiro
    3. Juan Gonzalez
    4. McGwire
    5. Tejada, although Canseco did not directly accuse Tejada in the book, he did innsinuate use.

Just because some of the players like Sosa have not been caught and convited in a US court of law does not mean they have not used steriods. If you have to be told something by our Goverment to make up your mind on something, you have a big problem. Why dont you invite OJ Simpson over for a nice steak dinner, if you are so trusting of him. You probably also backed Pete Rose for a decade when he denied gambling on baseball.

Banned

I see the day when MLB gets hit with a wrongful death suit. A widow of a baseball player who died from steroid use will file it. His/her claim will be, baseball knew about the problem but did nothing to correct it. Of course in his/her claim, they would have to prove there was a direct correlation between steroid use and the death. I don’t think it would be too difficult to prove baseball’s inaction.

I'm not sure if she used steroids or not, but I can't think of anyone I dislike more than Rosie O'Donnell. She really looked huge in "League of Their Own".

She looks the same to me.

Mr. Alpert,

Funny that you should bring up Joe McCarthy. As any student of history can tell you, McCarthy had a lot more right than he did wrong. Read up on the Venona Project sometime if you'd like to see how deep communist infiltration of the US government ran; it included (besides some such as Alger Hiss and the Rosenbergs) higher-ups in the Treasury Department, Justice Department, military, assistants to FDR, members of the War Production Board, and a few from the Manhattan Project (besides Klaus Fuchs, Robert and Katherine Oppenheimer also had NKVD files).

Dudes, Clemens was just saying his prayers and taking his vitamins, brother!!

Seriously though, I go to atleast 20 BoSox games a year. He used to be my favorite before "wanting to be closer to home", then leaving the country (we all know about the real beef, Dan Duquette). He was getting real fat, not beefy, fat, like El Guapo fat, in 95/96. I think he mearly just trained hard when he got that payday, knowing he had to ressurect his career a little, and prove himself, and turned that physical fatness into some lean mass.

Banned

As usual, the purists on GUU feel they are right and won't list to the other side.

You folks should get your heads out of the sand, because you have labeled accusations on players who there is no proof, just your opinion.

And to whoever defended Joe McCarthy, that is just too funny.

Quote Originally Posted by trsent
    As usual, the purists on GUU feel they are right and won't list to the other side.

You folks should get your heads out of the sand, because you have labeled accusations on players who there is no proof, just your opinion.

And to whoever defended Joe McCarthy, that is just too funny.
    Why?