Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Banned

Re: All members, listen up...(MUST read)...

I see NOTHING funny about this post.

Shit like this is serious.

Please keep us updated on the situation if possible and to let us know your ok.

Quote Originally Posted by suicide_squeeze View Post
    I was told Richard was out in California at the moment.
    steve for the love of all things great and small what are you still doing home? get in your car and drive!! drive and don't stop until you reach china! don't you realize what's going on? they've sent richie himself to do the job!

rudy.

You know what really pisses me off?

I come on this site, and I read and see some really enlightening stuff. Great for all to read as it helps us all and teaches us a lot about our hobby.

And then there's the posts that make you laugh. Always a pleasure, because who doesn't need a laugh.

But sometimes, you get to the ignorant stuff that makes you shake your head. Like sylbry and suave1477's cute little comments here.

I come here to try to help educate you f'ing people, and you have the balls to come up with your little chickens#!t stabs at calling me a drama queen.

suave1477.....I've read a lot of what you posted, so keep laughing, dude. My only suggestion to you is to review your collection. Your "confidence" in the places you buy your stuff from shows your level of intellect. I hope you aren't collecting with the goal of reselling for your retirement, because by that time you just may find you're stuck with a lot of garbage. Good luck to you in your collecting endeavors, and as far as I'm concerned, don't bother reading anything I have to post. It doesn't do guys like you any good anyways.

You pissants who sit behind your computers and throw out darts at people who are seriously interested in cleaning up this hobby are a dissappointment to the rest.

Call me what you want, I could care less. But when the day comes someone's knocking on your door of your residence when you're at work, you may just feel a little different.

But I guess you hero's don't have to worry about that. Hell, what threat are you to ANYONE?

"lol lol"
    "You pissants who sit behind your computers and throw darts at people..." Pot calling the kettle black here with this statement. No one throws more darts from the comfort of their own home like you. A couple fine threads for example.

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_f...ad.php?t=24574

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_f...ad.php?t=23765

And you wonder why people are angry at you. You ticked some people off and now you have to deal with it. Tough. Do I condone their actions. Nope. Do I condone the garbage that some put up in their auctions. Nope. But be a man and step up when confront them instead of running to your computer. You brought this upon your self.

"I come hear to help educate you f'ing people..." Gee thanks. I don't want, need, or care for your f'ing education.

"... and you have the balls to come up with your little chicken sh*t stabs at calling me a drama queen." It doesn't take balls to make message board comments as you have recently shown so well. I am still laughing at this comment. "I am home, and everything is O.K. But I am shaken, and have a lot of questions." All because you got a letter, a call, and a stranger came to your doorstep.

(CONTENT REMOVED)
    Wanted: Minnesota Twins throwback or special event jerseys.

I come on this site, and I read and see some really enlightening stuff. Great for all to read as it helps us all and teaches us a lot about our hobby.

And then there's the posts that make you laugh. Always a pleasure, because who doesn't need a laugh.

But sometimes, you get to the ignorant stuff that makes you shake your head. Like sylbry and suave1477's cute little comments here.

I come here to try to help educate you f'ing people, and you have the balls to come up with your little chickens#!t stabs at calling me a drama queen.

suave1477.....I've read a lot of what you posted, so keep laughing, dude. My only suggestion to you is to review your collection. Your "confidence" in the places you buy your stuff from shows your level of intellect. I hope you aren't collecting with the goal of reselling for your retirement, because by that time you just may find you're stuck with a lot of garbage. Good luck to you in your collecting endeavors, and as far as I'm concerned, don't bother reading anything I have to post. It doesn't do guys like you any good anyways.

You pissants who sit behind your computers and throw out darts at people who are seriously interested in cleaning up this hobby are a dissappointment to the rest.

Call me what you want, I could care less. But when the day comes someone's knocking on your door of your residence when you're at work, you may just feel a little different.

But I guess you hero's don't have to worry about that. Hell, what threat are you to ANYONE?

"lol lol"
    Beautiful!

I wish you the best, Steve.
    Always looking for top NBA game worn items of superstar and Hall-of-Fame-caliber players (especially Kobe, LeBron, MJ, Curry and Durant). Also looking for game worn items of all players from special events (e.g., All Star Game, NBA Finals, milestone games, etc.). Please contact me at gameusedequip2@hotmail.com. Thank you.

Guess I should have called you Elliot Ness instead.

I am sorry but this is so comical. You have bashed basically every auction house. It is hasn't been something simple like "this is bad because", rather it is a full on "this stupid auction house can't get anything right. Look at this P.O.S." So they MAIL you a LETTER, make a PHONE CALL, and some guy shows up on your door who you MISTAKE for someone from an auction house. And you call that a threat. I call that an overactive imagination.

"lol lol"
    I wanted to come on here and vouch for Steve as I have been fortunate enough to get to know him, talk to him, and we have also helped each other with our own collections.

When Steve first came on the Forum he contacted me on a couple of items I had. I didn't know him (at the time) and was somewhat cautious as he wanted to buy a significant piece and quickly stroked off a check for several thousand $$$$ and it turned out to be one of the best experiences I have had on the Forum as that has led to other things.

Steve is a no BS type of guy that the high-end auction houses need.

I think Steve put this thread out here as a lesson into the nature of some of the people you deal with in the industry so it doesn't happen to others.

This isn't drama as this is real-life stuff.
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500

Couple of questions

Has anyone else received a cease and desist letter from Grey Flannel?

Has anyone else had someone from an auction house show up at their house unannounced?
    Always looking for game used San Diego Chargers items...

Quote Originally Posted by sylbry View Post
    Guess I should have called you Elliot Ness instead.

I am sorry but this is so comical. You have bashed basically every auction house. It is hasn't been something simple like "this is bad because", rather it is a full on "this stupid auction house can't get anything right. Look at this P.O.S." So they MAIL you a LETTER, make a PHONE CALL, and some guy shows up on your door who you MISTAKE for someone from an auction house. And you call that a threat. I call that an overactive imagination.
    That's a very cute little convenient summary.

Inacuarate as all hell, ignorant, self-serving.....but cute.

Feel better?

Don't EVER put words in my mouth, sylbry.

It you're going to post quotes...copy and paste them or click on the "quote" tab. That would at least make it accurate.....er....at least in your attempt for anything resembling accuracy, not illiterate (ex. spelling "here" as you did, "hear"...wrong, and out of context) like you have displayed, and self-serving while going along with other posters who are laughing with you. You think I give one crap about YOU laughing at this?

I found out who came over to my house. He is someone who has been around....who has DEEP roots in MLB. He is affiliated with an Auction house, or auction houses....to what degree is not important for me to disclose. He is in this business, that's all I can say. The police have the full report, and all of the info which I have chosen to keep quiet on. I'm consciously not sharing the info here as I feel it serves no purpose....other than to further sink myself into this dismal sandpit I got myself into.

I'm working to correct that. I don't need some a-hole like you, or your opinions, to clue ME into what's right or wrong, dangerous or silly paranoia ("overreactive imagination"???).

These people don't have someone knocking on YOUR door, they're knocking on MINE. It's a bit tough to know what to do when you don't have a complete understanding of what you're dealing with.

But I'll tell you this. I know what I'm dealing with in regards to you. You want to question my manhood....I'd be more than happy to meet you face to face and answer.

The fact still remains....his "visit" and timing of such bring about a LOT of questions....questions the police are interested in knowing answers to. Until I get them, I'm going to be careful....in what I say, and to whom. And I don't give one S#!T what you think about me. I am a major collector and am known to all these places. Instead of throwing out your stupid little bird droppings in my direction, you should pay attention.

Do I ever wish the forum had an edit function. First I want to apologize to Steve. The fact he felt threatened is not a laughing matter. However, the insinuation that an auction company is out to threaten people either mentally or physically is. They are a business and are just looking out for their best interest. And Steve has shown himself as someone who is bad for their business.

I would like to ask Steve why he felt threatened by a letter, a phone call, and a knock on the door. So much so that he told his wife to involve the police. To me that says you were expecting some sort of response due to your level of accusations against the auction houses. I would think most people would not feel threatened by those events (individually or collectively.)

Quote Originally Posted by allstarsplus View Post
    I wanted to come on here and vouch for Steve as I have been fortunate enough to get to know him, talk to him, and we have also helped each other with our own collections.

When Steve first came on the Forum he contacted me on a couple of items I had. I didn't know him (at the time) and was somewhat cautious as he wanted to buy a significant piece and quickly stroked off a check for several thousand $$$$ and it turned out to be one of the best experiences I have had on the Forum as that has led to other things.

Steve is a no BS type of guy that the high-end auction houses need.

I think Steve put this thread out here as a lesson into the nature of some of the people you deal with in the industry so it doesn't happen to others.

This isn't drama as this is real-life stuff.

Andrew,

As always, you are a class act and should serve as a role model to the people who want to conduct themselves with honor and dignity in business and in their personal lives.

Thanks for the kind words. I really hope you and your family have a wonderful Easter weekend.

My best always,

Steve