Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 79 of 87 FirstFirst ... 29697778798081 ... LastLast

Re: Detroit Tigers GU

A little slow in posting but I was able to add Victor Martinez's 2015 spring training jersey. I was in Lakeland for the first time and was there when he received his Tiger of the Year award. Jersey is photo matched to the single large white stitch on the "D". Photos were found via the Getty Images app on my iPad and the app has been amazing when trying to photo match jerseys.
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    Russ - Always on the lookout for Jim Abbott, Team USA and Detroit Tigers GU.

Not sure exactly what I have here. While attending spring training this year I stopped by the Tigers Foundation table to see what was available. This jersey caught my eye as I hadn't picked up a 2013 post season jersey yet. All of the jerseys were folded and it was difficult to see many of the details. The old ladies "guarding" the table weren't very friendly and frankly were downright rude when I asked if I could see the tag, etc. One finally relented and that's when the confusion set in, it had a regular season tag with the JS N marks denoting it was a new jersey. I was able to get it at a good price and I was happy with my purchase. When I returned home I was able to photo match it to at least three regular season starts and possibly a fourth. Not sure why the playoff patch was added as the Tigers have moved to new, playoff tagged sets for the post season.
    Russ - Always on the lookout for Jim Abbott, Team USA and Detroit Tigers GU.

1984 Willie Hernandez Road GU jersey. Signed and inscribed!

ROBERT KOPPEL
    Skyking26 - 35 year collector of Dave Kingman memorabilia. Also seek 500 HR and 3000 Hit GU Bats,
    and 1968, 1984, HOF Tigers GU Bats...Skyking442@hotmail.com

Home signed Kirk Gibson GU helmet!

ROBERT KOPPEL
    Skyking26 - 35 year collector of Dave Kingman memorabilia. Also seek 500 HR and 3000 Hit GU Bats,

My Cabrera collection. The Zinger and X-Bat are new additions and yet to be signed. He just did a private but things have been a bit tight financially of late.

ROBERT KOPPEL

Latest additions from the 1984 World Championship Tigers. All very tuff bats. Top bat is Rod Allen, Tigers announcer, known more for his time in Japan chasing a pitcher that hit him rather than his brief 50-something MLB AB's. Never have seen another.

The Allen is followed by Marty Castillo, Scott Earl, Mike Laga and the deceased Dwight Lowry.

ROBERT KOPPEL

Picked up a couple of game used Tigers jerseys. 1989 Dick Tracewski and 1992 Milt Cuyler.

Scott
    sek122482@yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by sek122482 View Post
    Picked up a couple of game used Tigers jerseys. 1989 Dick Tracewski and 1992 Milt Cuyler.

Scott
    sek122482@yahoo.com
    Nice jerseys, I made a run at the Sparky and Whitaker ones in the same auction but didn't get them. I was able to photo match the Sparky jersey and really wanted it!

What auction were the Sparky and Whitaker jerseys in?