Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gyro123
    • Nov 2005

Re: December pick ups

I may be wrong but I believe the Swingman is usually in place of the team name and not his signature as stated

Comment

• bagbig
      • Feb 2006

"Swingman" is in the appropiate place....it has always replaced the team name not his name.

Comment

• cigarman44
        • Aug 2007

Just got my new prized piece. A 2007 Ankiel Home cool base jersey with World Series and Josh Hancock patches.
        Attached Files

Comment

• sugarpam
          • Dec 2008

Originally posted by SkubeBats
          I just recieved these 2 bats today. The top bat is from Alcides Escobar and is un-cracked. The bottom bat is from Brett Lawrie and is cracked in the handle. Both bats show great game use to them with many ball marks, stitch imprints and pine tar. Alcides will be the starting short stop for the Brewers and Brett is their top prospect.

LOVE the Lawrie bat, I hope to add one of his bats to my collection sometime soon. Congrats on two great bats!

-Pam

Comment

• SkubeBats
            Banned
            • May 2006

Pam,
            Thanks! Yes, the Lawrie bat is just a great looking bat and shows nice use to it. This is the second Lawrie bat I have now, you don't find his bats any where. Are you a Lawrie fan or a Brewers fan??

Comment

• Rob L
              • Nov 2005

Originally posted by cigarman44
              Just got my new prized piece. A 2007 Ankiel Home cool base jersey with World Series and Josh Hancock patches.
              Cool jersey. I have a 2007 Percival jersey that isn't a Cool Base jersey. I guess since Percy came up in the middle of the season, they used an older style instead of the Cool Base. Anyways, great pickup!
              Rob L
              loefflerrd@cox.net

Always On the Look Out for Troy Percival & Randy Johnson Gamers

Rob L's Baseball Memorabilia website: GU Troy Percival, GU Randy Johnson, GU Angels, GU Baseball, 19th Century Baseball and Autographs. Also a huge Game Used Resource page and Game Used Collectors Page: www.loefflerrd.webs.com

Comment

• sugarpam
                • Dec 2008

Jamie,

I'd probably say more of a "Canadian player fan" than anything. Over the years I've mostly focused my collection on Blue Jays players, but I've recently decided to branch out and collect GU memorabilia of Canadian players. And Lawrie definitely fits the bill of a top Canadian player - of course now it's disheartening to hear that his gu bats are tough to find

-Pam

Comment

• 2000mvpfan
                  • Nov 2005

2 new Giambi items:2009 Rockies helmet photomatched to HR #409 against Arizona and Dan Haren on 9/20 (I'm thinking it was his only Rox helmet,since he was only there a month,but I'm still working on the proof of that)

Now inverted:

and from the GUU auction that just ended,a signed '09 B45 maple bat:

Joe
                  sigpic
                  ...always looking for game-used JASON GIAMBI equipment!

Comment

• sugarpam
                    • Dec 2008

Had three different parcels arrive today for a total of nine bats and a jersey to add to my collection.

First, a Dustin McGowan spring training jersey. The Majestic tag has been obliterated from multiple washings.

Next, I picked up these nine bats (sorry for the blurry pic):
                    -Pat Borders Tampa Bay Devil Rays (from camarokids)
                    -Roberto Alomar (signed)
                    -Ed Sprague Jays (signed twice)
                    -Brad Fullmer Jays
                    -Kevin Witt Jays (signed)
                    -Alex Gonzalez (signed)
                    -Chris Woodward Jays (signed)
                    -Simon Pond Jays (signed)
                    -Chad Mottola

-Pam

Comment

• cigarman44
                      • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Rob L
                      Cool jersey. I have a 2007 Percival jersey that isn't a Cool Base jersey. I guess since Percy came up in the middle of the season, they used an older style instead of the Cool Base. Anyways, great pickup!
                      Thanks Rob. Rick was actually called up after Percy. I think it's just player choice whether they want to wear cool base or the old style. But I could be wrong. I know Rick wore both in his short time up that year.

Comment

• pjbmd
                        • Nov 2005

i ordinarily don't post in this section but here's one that deserves merit
                        from 2009 World Series Game 1, a game used ball hit by DJ in the 3rd inning for a double
                        it happens to be his 1st world series hit in the new stadium which i thought was noteworthy
                        i'll try to post pictures later
                        pjb

Comment

• indyred
                          • May 2006

Originally posted by pjbmd
                          i ordinarily don't post in this section but here's one that deserves merit
                          from 2009 World Series Game 1, a game used ball hit by DJ in the 3rd inning for a double
                          it happens to be his 1st world series hit in the new stadium which i thought was noteworthy
                          i'll try to post pictures later
                          pjb
                          Post some pics if you can. Sounds like a great piece of Yankee/Jeter history. Someone else on the Forum got Jeter first rbi hit ball from new stadium. Did you get it from Steiner?

Comment

• pjbmd
                            • Nov 2005

sure did
                            i think if they knew what it was the price would have been at least triple!

Comment

• shafrancollectibles.com
                              • Jun 2006

Nice pick-up on the Jeter ball - I am fairly certain they knew what it was because I was offered a few balls, did the research on MLB and told them what they had - including that ball. Of course I don't know what you paid but I am 99.9% sure the price didn't change at all.

Comment

• OaklandAsFan
                                • Sep 2007

Originally posted by 2000mvpfan
                                2 new Giambi items:2009 Rockies helmet photomatched to HR #409 against Arizona and Dan Haren on 9/20 (I'm thinking it was his only Rox helmet,since he was only there a month,but I'm still working on the proof of that)

Now inverted:

and from the GUU auction that just ended,a signed '09 B45 maple bat:

Joe

I saw that bat and I was thinking of going after it but the autograph is not right IMHO. I have well over 60 Giambi autographs and none of them does he have the J in Jason like that.

I fell asleep and didn't make a bid on the helmet but it was out of my price range anyway. Did you get the Rockies jersey that was on ebay a few weeks ago?

Comment

Working...