Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 23 of 29 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Re: NFL AUCTIONS - Game Used

Quote Originally Posted by legaleagle92481 View Post
    That auction sucked. I wanted to get in on the Moss but the guy who runs up the Pats jerseys and never pays kept bidding he ran it up to over 9k and "won" it. It will be back on there in the near future no doubt. So I didn't bother bidding. I thought I won the Farve twice but some guy who obviously thought he was on Ebay kept trying to "snipe" me with a second left restarting the clock. I let him have it when the bidding hit 10.5k. Though I really wanted it to pair with my Peyton and Brees gamers. Oh well alot of his come available each year so i will have plenty of more chances. as you may have guessed my collecting retirement does not encompass high end nfl gamers, as i love football too much to give collecting jerseys up.
    Its just annoying when people snipe on there. There just wasting everyones time.

while not game used, I bought one of the pro bowl signed helmets during the offseason for about $1,000 less.

I think the only "deal" of the whole auction was the dave mathews tickets.
    Ryan

NFL game used collector

Yea, I had the AP jersey up until the last few mins, but actually was glad someone outbid me because on 2nd thought I really wasn't all into his pre-season one. Although his jerseys are always mostly hammered, esp on the front numbers from him carrying the ball. It would've had some nice use on the front and photomatch perfectly, but it was probably good I didn't pursue it more.
    The same guy won a couple of the Saints jerseys too. Started to wonder if it was our NBA "friend" jtnbafan again for football LOL

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by nickacs View Post
    Yea, I had the AP jersey up until the last few mins, but actually was glad someone outbid me because on 2nd thought I really wasn't all into his pre-season one. Although his jerseys are always mostly hammered, esp on the front numbers from him carrying the ball. It would've had some nice use on the front and photomatch perfectly, but it was probably good I didn't pursue it more.
    The same guy won a couple of the Saints jerseys too. Started to wonder if it was our NBA "friend" jtnbafan again for football LOL
    Yeah never been a fan of preseason stuff, especially since the stars barely play in the games and since the games don't count to me it limits their value and the wow factor. If it was really cheap I could see the allure but at a high price like that one one's better off saving for a regular season one. JO has them every year so plenty are on the market.

Heard today that the breast cancer auctions are coming back this year. Pretty pumped.
    Ryan

NFL game used collector

Dolphins Orange gamers already showing up. Looks like they are also signed. Some have some nice use.
    http://www.nflauction.nfl.com/cgi-bi...5664914&type=A

Ricky is also up.

I can't stand that they always have them auto'd. I would love to have one of them though. I suppose if I ever get one I'll have to deal with it being signed. I have only one problem with one of them. The Crowder was never worn. He never even dressed for it.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by JasonBanz View Post
    I can't stand that they always have them auto'd. I would love to have one of them though. I suppose if I ever get one I'll have to deal with it being signed. I have only one problem with one of them. The Crowder was never worn. He never even dressed for it.
    I noticed that on a couple of them, Thigpen and Odrick were also inactive yet their "gamers" are being auctioned. They even a pic of Odrick with a huge grin signing his.

"Jared Odrick Autographed Orange Dolphins jersey. From Sept 12 game against the NY Jets but player was injured and did not play."

they are not stating it is game worn ; i think they aer ebeing honest. it is a team issued jersey.

I actually saw Thigpen on the sidelines Sunday night. He was in uniform, I remember thinking if the Dolphins auction the orange jerseys again, maybe I can afford the Thigpen!

Quote Originally Posted by JasonBanz View Post
    The Crowder was never worn. He never even dressed for it.

Let me ask your opinion on this...Would you consider the Pennington jersey "game worn", even though he stood on the sidelines wearing a baseball cap? Personally, I would put both of them in the same category of "game issued". But I guess some would argue that just because you don't get into the game, doesn't mean it isn't game worn.