Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Brady Game Issued?

Hi All,

Need your opinions on this jersey....

Re: Brady Game Issued?

I would say pro cut, not issued. The sleeves look elastic, and does not appear to have the open QB cut. Pic included.

Name:  53067121.jpg
Views: 470
Size:  38.6 KB

Thanks, Jason! I thought that was the case. I was hoping for game issued, but a good piece none the less.

Although, I did find some other images on Getty that look exactly like the jersey I posted. Could I try to call the NFL and get more info about it, since it came with a letter from them?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by johnsnhu View Post
    Although, I did find some other images on Getty that look exactly like the jersey I posted. Could I try to call the NFL and get more info about it, since it came with a letter from them?
    Why not call what have you got to lose? Though I think they would have notated on the letter if it were game used.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by legaleagle92481 View Post
    Why not call what have you got to lose? Though I think they would have notated on the letter if it were game used.
    Issued I mean not used.

I'm no expert, but the positioning of the name plate, numbers, nfl shield, reebok logo on the sleeves, patriots patch on the sleeves, and patriots spelled out on the chest all seem to match up perfectly. I agree, the sleeves seem as if they would be the only point in question, but I found this pic from 2005, and the sleeves don't look that "open" to me? You can also see the stitching on the sleeve in this pic, and they look similar? But you guys can probably judge better than I, just thought I'd add this.

Name:  brady.jpg
Views: 427
Size:  37.7 KB

I thought so too. That was one of the pictures I found. I have a call into the NFL to find out more about where it came from. I got this jersey on eBay for $295.00. It came with the tristar stuff and the letter from the NFL. When I called they said the person who signed the letter was no longer in that department, but the did transfer me to another person in the events department, and I left a voicemail. The lady who was selling it on eBay said the NFL donated it to a childrens foundation, and it was auctioned off and she won it back in 2008. All in all a good find either way it turns out. Thanks for eveyones help on this, and if anyone else has any insight on it, please reply.

On another note... I just submitted this item to Steve Sipe @ Global Authentication for a digital review, and his team says it is likely not genuine. HUH?!?!?

Can someone explain to me how? The item has a Tri-Star Holo on it that matches up exactly on www.tristarauthentic.com, and the item came with a letter from the NFL.

I am a little peaved that GAI doesnt know their stuff...

Update: Talking about the Auto on it...