Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Re: Players you dislike!

What made the dislike happen and what do you do with what you have of his? I know you have that first GS bat and could never see you part with that.

Retract what I said about that bat, confused you with 3arod13 for a second. Names are too similar.

I cant stand Jared Allen, Brett Favre, Tom Brady (entourage helped a little), Michael Phelps, Ray Rice, and a few others.

Quote Originally Posted by happyyoungster View Post
    Chris Coghlan-
    Re: trading 1st career HR ball back

Not only did he treat me like a criminal, his posture was aggressive and he carried an overwhelming sense of entitlement.
    On top of it, he lied to the media about the exchange and put a positive spin on it for himself.

Had you all fooled...
    LOL. Who carried the sense of entitlement???

The way I read YOUR blog, your beef should be with the Marlins not Coghlan. He gave you a bat. What's he supposed to do, go over to Ramirez's locker and take a bat to give to you?

But apparently, one bat wasn't enough.

http://thehappyyoungster.mlblogs.com...ller_park.html
    SCOTT
    scottjrepking at gmail.com

Always looking for game used bats from Andre Dawson, Ryne Sandberg, Mark Grace, Jody Davis, Shawon Dunston, Jerome Walton, Rick Sutcliffe, and Greg Maddux. Preferably CUBS era bats.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by 5kRunner View Post

The way I read YOUR blog, your beef should be with the Marlins not Coghlan. He gave you a bat. What's he supposed to do, go over to Ramirez's locker and take a bat to give to you?

I collect HR balls as many others do too. There is certainly value to it. There was an entire thread dedicated to the Coghlan ball:

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_f...hlight=coghlan

I believe in giving the benefit of the doubt since none of us were there and I will repost my post on the other thread:

In the heat of the moment, both guys might have perceived things differently. Why jump to conclusions in a "He said, he said".

It all worked out and the player got the ball.

Talking about HRs, how many of these idiots catch the opponents HR and then throw the balls back on to the field just to be scooped up by the team. What a waste!

To me, what a great collectible to get a HR ball!!!!
    Like I said, Coghlan got the ball and hopefully Happy Youngster eventually got his Marlins tickets. Would love to hear a followup!
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500

Quote Originally Posted by Fnazxc0114 View Post
    i hate vladimere guerro and nick swisher. i might like swisher more since he has moved out of the AL West. guerrero beats the heck out of my rangers everytime they play.
    Then you should LOVE Vlad now.... being that he is a Ranger and all...

- Chris

Where do I begin:

Darryl Strawberry - My buddy's favorite player. Growing up, my friend would playfully taunt me as the Straw would beat up my beloved Cubbies. I know it isn't true, but it seemed he homered against us all the time.

John Kruk - The ultimate Cub killer. That man could hit, especially against us.

Rick Sutcliffe - I know he was a Cubbie, but just couldn't stand watching him play. Dislike might be a bit to strong to represent how I felt about him, but wish he wasn't a Cub.

Kobe Bryant - I can't stand arrogance, and many of today's players (in NBA, MLB, and NFL) represent that. He is the ultimate poster child for that, in my opinion. AROID also fills that label nicely.

Those are the big ones, and the first that come to mind.
    "We need rebirth of the American tradition of leadership ... in private life as well." "'Trust me' government asks that we concentrate our hopes and dreams on one man; that we trust him to do what's best for us. My view of government places trust not in one person or one party, but in those values that transcend persons and parties. The trust is where it belongs--in the people." - Ronald Reagan"

http://www.freewebs.com/chrishwish/

Quote Originally Posted by 5kRunner View Post

Well put. He acts so innocent, but really 99.99% of fans would have loved to get ONE bat for the ball.

Great thread!!! But where oh where do I start?

1st - concerning the Coughlan HR issue. I agree that IMHO Happy Youngster was asking for way too much for the ball - an auto ball in return should have been enough (if he truly respects the game and the player)... the bat, okay - not a big stretch, but the Hanley bat or tickets? Really? And my position on this come from me being the fan who caught Eric Young Jr's 1st MLB HR at Coors Field last year. All I wanted was for EY to get is ball and me to get a meet and great and an auto ball in return.

2nd - my list of players I dispise:

Basketball - I don't follow it, so I can't say I despise any but Jordan's egotistical rant at his HOF induction definately turned me off on him.

Hockey - I follow it some. Like many who dislike teams, I dislike any who have worn REDWINGS on their chest. They quickly became the #1 rivals for the Colorado Avalanche with some bench clearing on-ice brawls. TODD BERTUZZI - what a goon. SCOTTY BOWMAN.

Football - I grew up in Dallas, so anyone with Steelers or 49ers on their chest. Individual players include T.O. (spinning the ball on the Star), Randall Cunningham (fake kneel and then TD pass in waning seconds of a game they were already winning). Michael Vick - do I need to explain?

Baseball - ahh, the sport I love. Many I despise won't be listed here because the list would be too long:

Barry Bonds (do I really need to explain?)
    Rickey Henderson (lack of respect for Lou Brock when he broke the record)
    Robin Ventura (see my board name - self explanatory)
    Curt Schilling (anybody here the names he called Larry Walker after the Walker to AZ for Williams to CO trade got killed - by Matt Williams.)
    Rafael Palmeiro (Class A jerk to fans - I have MANY stories over many years)
    A-FRAUD (Liar, Cheat, Self Absorbed)
    ManRam (Liar, Cheat, Self Absorbed)
    Big Poppi (Hmmm - 'Anyone caught using a banned substance should be suspended for at least a year" Yet he continued playing after HE was CAUGHT)
    Pat Burrell - made my friend's 6 year old cry last year. Couldn't just say no to signing, but singled out the kid and said, "I'm not gonna sign your god damned baseball cards kid."
    YANKEES FANS that don't have a clue. My friend from Staten Island calls them the NYY 'Fashion' Fans who where the gear and claim to adore the team, but couldn't tell you a thing about them. TRUE STORY about this - when I worked for Nike in Denver, Bernie Williams (arguably one of the biggest Yankees names at the time) comes in to shop (Yanks in town for interleague). Two kids (14 or so) dressed head to toe in Yankees hats, jerseys, etc are walking around the store spoting off how the Yanks will cruch the Rox, etc... they run into (and I mean LITERALLY ran into) Bernie coming around a corner, they look up at him - have NO idea who he is - and go about their business.
    CUBS FANS that don't have a clue. (SEE NYY above)
    BRAVES Fans that don't have a clue. (SEE NYY above)

Here in Denver, a lot of fans were made with other teams before the Rox because they got TBS and WGN or Yanks on the Radio. But they don't know the players, they just blindly support the team.

Lastly (and sorry for the rant) ANY PLAYER of ANY SPORT who has committed a heinous crime such as Domestic Violence, Gun Law violations, DUI/Drug Abuse that cause injury, etc that apparently are above the law (at least the laws you and I would have to answer to) that go on with their lives and continue to make millions - OR - ANY PLAYER of ANY SPORT who treat the fans like dirt. I know they are not obligated to sign for us, but at least give us the respect of politely declining, not being a world class jackass.

All the best -

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by bagbig View Post
    Well put. He acts so innocent, but really 99.99% of fans would have loved to get ONE bat for the ball.
    Agreed. And the other .01% percent of fans would of just been happy that they were able to help the guy get a ball that he will cherish the rest of his life. Should of just gave him the ball and a congratulations on his first big league homer.