Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
    Banned

What A Joke - But Not Really Funny

Banned

Re: What A Joke - But Not Really Funny

Photos of the cap, before the auction disappears.

What a tear-jerker (among other things)..... And I know times are tough these days, but does every Retired Military Veteran have to sell off his Babe Ruth signed cap to pay for medical expenses?

Banned

This is the funniest thing I have seen in awhile. $64,000 for a "signed" cap. Even if it were real that would shatter all kinds of records. A Ruth autographed ball goes for less than 1/3 of that in excellent condition. Ebay needs to crack down on the shills and say if you have under 10 feedback you cannot bid on an item over $500 without submitting valid credit card info.

Quote Originally Posted by legaleagle92481 View Post
    This is the funniest thing I have seen in awhile. $64,000 for a "signed" cap. Even if it were real that would shatter all kinds of records. A Ruth autographed ball goes for less than 1/3 of that in excellent condition. Ebay needs to crack down on the shills and say if you have under 10 feedback you cannot bid on an item over $500 without submitting valid credit card info.
    one sold for $328,000 in 2008 and the one that david well wore for one inning cost him $35,000

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/regiona...7Em1Fk2HQliweP
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

Quote Originally Posted by joelsabi View Post
    one sold for $328,000 in 2008 and the one that david well wore for one inning cost him $35,000

opps i just read the ebay desciption thats its not game worn so these numbers are worthless for the comparison.
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by joelsabi View Post

Those were game worn, the one in the auction is merely "autographed" the seller does not claim that the hat is game used. I think the story is it was his dad's hat and Babe signed it.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by legaleagle92481 View Post
    Those were game worn, the one in the auction is merely "autographed" the seller does not claim that the hat is game used. I think the story is it was his dad's hat and Babe signed it.
    It took me awhile to type that didn't see your second post. $64,000 would have to be a record for a signed hat.