Terry Bradshaw possible gamer (Jersey 2/5)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hof89
    • Nov 2005

Re: Terry Bradshaw possible gamer (Jersey 2/5)

There is no doubt that this is a nice and rarely seen Terry Bradshaw jersey, however, it has way too may questions associated with it (at least for me), but I'm sure SOMEONE will authenticate it!!!!

Comment

• hof89
      • Nov 2005

Originally posted by apujols04
      MAY I ASK YOU WHAT DOES NOT EXIST SO I MAY LOOK FOR IT AND POST A PIC, OR IS IT SOMETHING I ALREADY TOOK A PIC OF AND IS NOT THERE. IF ITS NOT A GAMER, I AM OKAY WITH THAT. I WAS JUST HOPING IT WAS A STORE MODEL AND NOT A DOCTORED JERSEY. WHAT IS IT WORTH? SHOULD I TAKE THE $700 OFFER FOR IT?
      No disrespect, but I don't want to divulge that information. Look at any photo of Terry Bradshaw (home or away) from the 1978 NFL season and his jersey has something your's doesn't have. Again, you still have a nice jersey, but in my opinion, it's not game worn....but who am I? If someon offered you $700.00 and your comfortable with it...take it!!!

Comment

• apujols04
        • Nov 2005

Originally posted by hof89
        There is no doubt that this is a nice and rarely seen Terry Bradshaw jersey, however, it has way too may questions associated with it (at least for me), but I'm sure SOMEONE will authenticate it!!!!
        YOU CLAIM TO BE AN EXPERT BUT YOU WONT COME OUT AND SAY WHAT IS MISSING WITH THE JERSEY. THAT SEEMS STRANGE TO ME THAT YOU MAKE A CLAIM BUT ARE NOT WILLING TO OFFER ANY INFO TO GO WITH YOUR CLAIM. HERE ARE CLOSE-UPS OF WHAT I THINK YOU WANTED TO DOUBLE CHECK.......PLEASE TELL ME WHAT YOU CLAIM IS MISSING FROM THE JERSEY. WHAT IS IT WORTH AS A STORE MODEL? IS IT A STORE MODEL?

NOTICE WHAT APPEARS TO BE A TEAM REPAIR A FEW INCHES BELOW THE YEAR TAG STITCHING IN THE PICTURE. I WOULD LOVE TO KNOW WHAT IT IS I SHOULD SEE IN A 78 BRADSHAW BUT I AM NOT SEEING....JUST FOR FUTURE REFERENCE NOW THAT I AM LEARNING.

Click image for larger version

Name:	EXTRA2.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	153.0 KB
ID:	634868

Click image for larger version

Name:	EXTRA1.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	155.8 KB
ID:	634869

Comment

• apujols04
          • Nov 2005

No disrespect, but I don't want to divulge that information. Look at any photo of Terry Bradshaw (home or away) from the 1978 NFL season and his jersey has something your's doesn't have. Again, you still have a nice jersey, but in my opinion, it's not game worn....but who am I? If someon offered you $700.00 and your comfortable with it...take it!!!
          ARE NOT YOU ONE OF THE PEOPLE WHO EMAILED ME AN OFFER?......AND THAT IS SILLY YOU DON'T WANT TO SHARE INFO WITH COLLECTORS HERE LIKE IT IS A SECRET. IF IT IS SO EASY TO SEE, THEN IT IS NOT LIKE YOU ARE DIVULGING NATIONAL SECURITY INFORMATION. I AM TRYING TO LEARN FROM AN OBVIOUS STEELERS AND GAME USED EXPERT. I HAVE TO RELY ON PEOPLE LIKE YOU FOR THIS INFO SO I DONT MIS-DESCRIBE WHAT I HAVE.

Comment

• hof89
            • Nov 2005

YOU CLAIM TO BE AN EXPERT BUT YOU WONT COME OUT AND SAY WHAT IS MISSING WITH THE JERSEY. THAT SEEMS STRANGE TO ME THAT YOU MAKE A CLAIM BUT ARE NOT WILLING TO OFFER ANY INFO TO GO WITH YOUR CLAIM. HERE ARE CLOSE-UPS OF WHAT I THINK YOU WANTED TO DOUBLE CHECK.......PLEASE TELL ME WHAT YOU CLAIM IS MISSING FROM THE JERSEY. WHAT IS IT WORTH AS A STORE MODEL? IS IT A STORE MODEL?

NOTICE WHAT APPEARS TO BE A TEAM REPAIR A FEW INCHES BELOW THE YEAR TAG STITCHING IN THE PICTURE. I WOULD LOVE TO KNOW WHAT IT IS I SHOULD SEE IN A 78 BRADSHAW BUT I AM NOT SEEING....JUST FOR FUTURE REFERENCE NOW THAT I AM LEARNING.

[ATTACH]140[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]141[/ATTACH]

I am no expert by any means, however I do think I know Bradshaw and Steelers jersey from the 70's and early 80's pretty well. As for the nameplate, your initial picture had it appearing crooked...with that additional photo, all looks well. OK...look at this picture from Super Bowl XIII (1978 NFL Season)....look at the amount material AFTER the sleeves stripes....'78 was the only year Bradshaw had this!!! A true indicator that this, in my opinion, is NOT GAME USED!
            Attached Files

Comment

• hof89
              • Nov 2005

Another 1978 shot of Bradshaw....see the extra material after the sleeve striping????
              Attached Files

Comment

• apujols04
                • Nov 2005

you Are Right. My Jersey Does Not Have That Additional Cloth On The End Of The Sleeve. Are You Sure They Had That Additional Cloth From Game #1 All The Way Through The Super Bowl On The Steelers 1978 Jerseys?

Comment

• hof89
                  • Nov 2005

Every photo I have referenced has had that extra material...

Comment

• apujols04
                    • Nov 2005

So That Makes My Jersey A Store Model, A Fake, Or A 1977 Jersey Carried Over To 1978 With A New Year Patch Which He Never Ended Up Using. Is It Possible This Is A 1977 Gamer? LOOKING AT THE 1978 TAG'S STITCHING ON THE BAG, IT DOES APPEAR THAT THERE MAY HAVE POSSIBLY BEEN A DIFFERENT YEAR TAG ON THERE AT ONE TAG. I NEED TO FIND SOME GOOD BRADSHAW PHOTOS (POSSIBLE PHOTO MATCH) FROM 1977 TO MAKE SURE IS ISN'T FROM THAT YEAR (1977) BEFORE I SELL IT TO THE HIGHEST EMAIL OFFER.

Comment

• hof89
                      • Nov 2005

I can't answer that question and anyone who can would be offering up pure speculation. This may have been a blank jersey lettered up by the team and given as a gift to someone, it's just simply unknown??? That's the problem with vintage Steeler jerseys....there are SO MANY questions with them!!! Again, I would say that its a RARE vintage jersey, which doesn't stand on it's own based up just looking what the jersey claims to be...

Comment

• apujols04
                        • Nov 2005

I can't answer that question and anyone who can would be offering up pure speculation. This may have been a blank jersey lettered up by the team and given as a gift to someone, it's just simply unknown??? That's the problem with vintage Steeler jerseys....there are SO MANY questions with them!!! Again, I would say that its a RARE vintage jersey, which doesn't stand on it's own based up just looking what the jersey claims to be...
                        So you would say there is no point to show it to an authenticator/auction house? I don't know for sure that this is not a 1977 jersey. I hope I can find out more info about the jersey but I guess it is highly unlikely a 1978 gamer unless it was used in the preseason or something before they added the length to the arms. thanks again!

Comment

• hof89
                          • Nov 2005

So That Makes My Jersey A Store Model, A Fake, Or A 1977 Jersey Carried Over To 1978 With A New Year Patch Which He Never Ended Up Using. Is It Possible This Is A 1977 Gamer? LOOKING AT THE 1978 TAG'S STITCHING ON THE BAG, IT DOES APPEAR THAT THERE MAY HAVE POSSIBLY BEEN A DIFFERENT YEAR TAG ON THERE AT ONE TAG. I NEED TO FIND SOME GOOD BRADSHAW PHOTOS (POSSIBLE PHOTO MATCH) FROM 1977 TO MAKE SURE IS ISN'T FROM THAT YEAR (1977) BEFORE I SELL IT TO THE HIGHEST EMAIL OFFER.
                          I have numerous photos of the Steelers/Bradshaw from 1970's and the problem lies with the quality of the photos from that era being to "grainy", but it doesn't hurt to look!
                          Questions:
                          1.) The stains on the #'s...are they imbedded in the jersey or could they potetially wash out?
                          2.) Is there any pilling of material in the shoulders arm area?
                          3.) Does the jersey appear to be heavily worn? Any turf burns?

Comment

• apujols04
                            • Nov 2005

I have numerous photos of the Steelers/Bradshaw from 1970's and the problem lies with the quality of the photos from that era being to "grainy", but it doesn't hurt to look!
                            Questions:
                            1.) The stains on the #'s...are they imbedded in the jersey or could they potetially wash out?
                            2.) Is there any pilling of material in the shoulders arm area?
                            3.) Does the jersey appear to be heavily worn? Any turf burns?
                            what is piling?

how do I search for turf burns?

should I wash the jersey to find out if the stains come out?

Comment

• apujols04
                              • Nov 2005

I don't have the experience to understand what I am looking for. Nothing is standing out to me as obvious except for the extreme amount of dirt and grime on the #'s. I can't even pick out what is good game use.

Comment

• hof89
                                • Nov 2005

So you would say there is no point to show it to an authenticator/auction house? I don't know for sure that this is not a 1977 jersey. I hope I can find out more info about the jersey but I guess it is highly unlikely a 1978 gamer unless it was used in the preseason or something before they added the length to the arms. thanks again!
                                Authenticators charge fees and based upon what has been said in this forum, there are alot of question swith it. I do think there is a chance that an authenticator could say it's good and then want to buy it from you and have it end up in some auction house going for big $$$. As for your questions...is it from '77, or pre-season '78 or from whenever, again is SPECULATION. If you have to keep asking questions, that you're trying to convince yourself that it's something it's not. Just enjoy it as a nice vintage authentic Bradshaw jersey...

Comment

Working...