Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What auto'd jersey would you rather have?

A. Game Used Throw Back the Clock Autographed Jersey (w/COA from the Oakland A's)

B. Replica Oakland Atheletics Autographed Jersey (COA from the sports memorabilia store but has been authenticated through PSA/DNA quick opinion service)

The player: Rickey Henderson

He has been a child hood hero and I think I can finally obtain one.

Re: What auto'd jersey would you rather have?

I don't think you'll seriously find too many people out there who would turn down a game used jersey of a hall of fame caliber player ($1000-2000) only to buy a cheap replica ($100-200).
    Looking for ...
    Any Game Used Mets jerseys from 1986 and 1987
    Any Keith Hernandez, Ron Darling, Lee Mazzilli and John Olerud Mets items
    Email me at TNT_Toys@yahoo.com

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by advan24r View Post
    A. Game Used Throw Back the Clock Autographed Jersey (w/COA from the Oakland A's)

B. Replica Oakland Atheletics Autographed Jersey (COA from the sports memorabilia store but has been authenticated through PSA/DNA quick opinion service)

The player: Rickey Henderson

He has been a child hood hero and I think I can finally obtain one.
    Congrats. And I agree with Nick (TNTtoys) doubt many people would opt for the replicia if they had the choice. But with the price difference the replicia is the best many people could do in today's economy.

Yeah, I'm not exactly sure why you're even posing the question on the "Game Used Forum"? haha

I'm sure that you won't find a person who would rather have the replica auto.

Good luck, I hope you get the game used!

-Brian

Clearly A is the better item, but I assume they won't be priced the same at sale-- and price/value would be a consideration at purchase time.

I'd also be interested to know the name of the memorabilia store. If it's a known and reputable place, or even better had in in store signing, that would be great. Obviously the PSA Quick Opinion is used helps back up the store's COA-- and I think PSA's Quick Opinions are overall reliable (if quick and dirty).

Clearly you are talking about Danny's Rickey Henderson game worn throwback on eBay. You might say that I know a bit about Rickey Henderson uniforms/equipment (had one of the biggest collections in the world at one point) ... let me tell you that Danny's jersey is an absolute killer, at a very reasonable price. Good luck.
    Always looking for top NBA game worn items of superstar and Hall-of-Fame-caliber players (especially Kobe, LeBron, MJ, Curry and Durant). Also looking for game worn items of all players from special events (e.g., All Star Game, NBA Finals, milestone games, etc.). Please contact me at gameusedequip2@hotmail.com. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by sportscentury View Post
    Clearly you are talking about Danny's Rickey Henderson game worn throwback on eBay. You might say that I know a bit about Rickey Henderson uniforms/equipment (had one of the biggest collections in the world at one point) ... let me tell you that Danny's jersey is an absolute killer, at a very reasonable price. Good luck.
    You are absolutely right! I ended up choosing option A and got one hell of a deal (atleast AFTER the FACT Rickey got into the HOF..before, weren't Rickey auto items so much cheaper?!?) Also w/the BING CASH BACK, made it even more worthwhile.

The whole reason why I had this dilemma in the first place was it didn't say HENDERSON on the Jersey like the rest of my jerseys that I have framed so people usually don't know or can't read the signature. But being it game used, this is my first piece of actually owning something game used. I am very excited, something that my child hood star has actually touched =P

Quote Originally Posted by advan24r View Post
    You are absolutely right! I ended up choosing option A and got one hell of a deal (atleast AFTER the FACT Rickey got into the HOF..before, weren't Rickey auto items so much cheaper?!?) Also w/the BING CASH BACK, made it even more worthwhile.

The whole reason why I had this dilemma in the first place was it didn't say HENDERSON on the Jersey like the rest of my jerseys that I have framed so people usually don't know or can't read the signature. But being it game used, this is my first piece of actually owning something game used. I am very excited, something that my child hood star has actually touched =P
    This was your first game used acquisition? Congrats - a terrific way to start things off. That's a great shirt.
    Always looking for top NBA game worn items of superstar and Hall-of-Fame-caliber players (especially Kobe, LeBron, MJ, Curry and Durant). Also looking for game worn items of all players from special events (e.g., All Star Game, NBA Finals, milestone games, etc.). Please contact me at gameusedequip2@hotmail.com. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by sportscentury View Post
    This was your first game used acquisition? Congrats - a terrific way to start things off. That's a great shirt.
    Yes sir, it's my first actual game used item besides regular sports cards that have just a slight patch. Other than that, all my full jerseys that I have framed were of the UDA version (replica w/autograph).

If you change your mind I'll buy it from you.
    Always looking for great bats from members of the Red Sox HOF.