Fairly new to the hobby (focusing chiefly on NFL footballs); just picked this early 70's Pete Rozelle football restored by Hammer Sports Relics. As has been discussed in a previous thread, great work and a nice guy. Steve didn't know much about the ball except that it came from New Jersey, and I'm hoping someone here can help.

The ball is striped; I know from perusing Getty that the NFL did stripe balls for night games during that era. In addition - drawing off what jdr3 posted in a previous thread from Nov. 2009 - the production code is GG, indicating (?) a ball produced as an NFL game ball (same letter on either side versus a year/month code). Since I believe "G" indicates a year ending in "4," would this logically be a 1974 game ball? Even if this is the case, I'm sure it'd be next to impossible to narrow it down to a specific team or game, but I'm curious if there're any suggestions as to how I might do this.

I'd appreciate any help in confirming/debunking/reorienting my line of reasoning here.