Did anyone on the forum ever buy the Turn Ahead the Clock unis?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Shipp_96
    • Feb 2011

Did anyone on the forum ever buy the Turn Ahead the Clock unis?

These things were awful, but I have to believe they would bring a pretty penny to be added to someone's collection. I found these picts of some from the M's-Royals original game in 1998. Just curious if anyone has any of them, or were they all burned ?
    Attached Files
  • MarinersFan34
    • Jan 2009

Re: Did anyone on the forum ever buy the Turn Ahead the Clock unis?

I have 2 of these Mariners jerseys. 1 is a gamer and the other is retail and yes, there IS a difference. I recall hearing that these were auctioned off during the game or right after the game so I believe most made it out into the market but where they are now is a good question. Those that bought them seem to have kept them, which is fine but it'd be neat to see more of them. The one I got was at FanFest a long long time ago and it was the only one they had so I got it and I have never seen one since.

btw, the 2 I own are Stan Williams(coach) and a Griffey Jr. (retail version).
    Always looking for Seattle Mariners & anything of Felix Hernandez, Jay Buhner, Richie Sexson and Arthur Rhodes.

-Jeremy Morgan

Comment

• frikativ54
      • Dec 2007

Those are pretty cool. I was at that game and there were a lot of futuristic tattoos, and I remember wondering if everyone got inked. That's before I realized that they were temporary. The Griffey helmet is awesome; I wish I owned it. There's something cool about having uniforms that capture how those in the past conceived the future.
      Les Zukor
      bagwellgameused@gmail.com
      Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
      (617) 682-0408

Comment

• Masimen
        • Jun 2008

I was at this game and they were all auctioned off via silent auction that took place at the game.

Comment

• MiLe HigH
          • Dec 2008

I picked up a Rockies Kevin Ritz a couple years back. Im always looking for them. They seem pretty rare.

Comment

• frikativ54
            • Dec 2007

Originally posted by Masimen
            I was at this game and they were all auctioned off via silent auction that took place at the game.
            That's really cool. I was only 13 back then, so I did not have the money for game used. But if I did, I would definitely have bought something at the auction.

-Frik
            Les Zukor
            bagwellgameused@gmail.com
            Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
            (617) 682-0408

Comment

• Shipp_96
              • Feb 2011

Below was the Pirates offering in 1999. Yes, I know we Bucco fans share a long history of loud and vibrant unis (mustard yellows, bumblebees and the red vests), but these are too much for even me! But, of course I wish I owned a GU one !
              Attached Files

Comment

• jppopma
                • Mar 2006

They really do not come up much at all. Not sure what other teams did with them.

I have an Angels jersey, two White Sox, and a few Tigers (which were sleeveless knits with futuristic # and NOB (I have seen another promo with orange stripes on the sleeves and a Tiger tial wrapping around the back).

Here is a link to what teams participated: http://www.baseball-reference.com/bu...he_Clock_Night

If anyone has any links to some of the game photos, please post them.

Comment

• shoremen44
                  • Jul 2007

I would love to Have an Orioles one of these
                  Bert
                  ---------------

Always looking for Matt Wieters, Tettleton, and that Orioles magic

shoremen44@gmail.com

Comment

• Lokee
                    Banned
                    • May 2008

Came across this link. Shows most of the teams

Comment

• primeradriver
                      • Oct 2010

I haven't seen any of the gamers in person but I find a couple (Mariners) retail jerseys every now and then. Coincidentally, I sold two to a friend last weekend.

Comment

• escaperoyals
                        • Oct 2007

I have 1 Royals jersey from the 1998 Game in Seattle. Gunnerleigh I believe also has a full complete uniform with jersey, pants, and batting helmet.
                        Dan
                        Attached Files

Comment

• gunnerleigh
                          • Sep 2007

Dan is exactly right. I have the complete uniform set of Hal Morris. A nice addition to the collection, no doubt about that.
                          Attached Files

Comment

• MarinersFan34
                            • Jan 2009

Picked up these Royals pants from the 1998 TATC game, no idea who might have worn them though, no ID on them. Solid wear all over and kingdome dirt still attached, some black marks on the knees though, catcher maybe?

Always looking for Seattle Mariners & anything of Felix Hernandez, Jay Buhner, Richie Sexson and Arthur Rhodes.

-Jeremy Morgan

Comment

• indyred
                              • May 2006

A Twins Tom Kelly is on Ebay.

Rare to see a Twins one come up for sale. I know Terry Steinbach sold on Ebay a couple years ago.
                              Twins had on display Doug Mientkiewicz at Twinsfest before. Only ones I've ever seen from them

Comment

Working...