Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: What's your favorite "common" jersey in your collection?

Wat Misaka who played three games for the New York Knicks during the 1946 or 47 season, is considered as the first Asian player. He played at the University of Utah.

Was born in Ogden, Utah
    He was the first player of Asian descent and the first non- caucasian person to play in the NBA
    (from Wik)i

Banned

Talking Re: What's your favorite "common" jersey in your collection?

Orlando Cabrera MLB cert. 2010 Playoff road jersey used in Roy Halladay's perfect game!!!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by mlbforeverhomer View Post
    Orlando Cabrera MLB cert. 2010 Playoff road jersey used in Roy Halladay's perfect game!!!
    CorrectIon Halladay's no-no

This is my Jason Rivers game-used Koolau Hurricanes (Hawaii Pro Football League) from this past season, which I was also able to photo match. Rivers set an NCAA bowl record in 2006 with 308 receiving yards versus Arizona State. I also have his team issued Tennessee Titans jersey (thanks to Preston). As a collector of University of Hawaii football players, this was a real treat to get.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Banned

Most of the jerseys in my collection are "commons", but at the top are 1995 Cubs BP jerseys, worn, of pitchers Bob Patterson and Kent Bottenfield, both of which were given to me directly from them during the season.

Dave Miedema

All my shirts are "commons" i have most types from the 70s-80s.. always washed and worn out and about...how do you decide which side of a jersey to frame?...

While I haven't actually gotten around to framing any of my jerseys, of course I still have to think about which side to display, and, if I'm getting a jersey signed, which side to have the player autograph.

For me, if the player's name is on the back of the jersey, that's kind of a no-brainer...but since so many of mine are from the minor leagues, with no NOB, I usually will go with the front, where the team name is displayed; of course, sometimes there'll be a smaller jersey number on the front, as well, which is a bonus. About the only reason I can think of to have the player sign the back when there's no name there is if his jersey number is so well known that you really want that number in the display. Or if you have several jerseys of the same player from different teams - even if some of the jerseys don't have the NOB, I'd probably want to have them all signed on the same side, for uniformity's sake.

2000 Marty Moore Browns, his only year not as a Patriot. http://

Quote Originally Posted by flaco1801 View Post
    All my shirts are "commons" i have most types from the 70s-80s.. always washed and worn out and about...how do you decide which side of a jersey to frame?...
    I bought the Perconte Mariners jersey with the intent of framing it facing to the front... Several years of Mariners jerseys don't have numbers on the front, which to me is kinda boring. In addition, the shoulder stripes seem to naturally line up while facing forward, too.

I need to find one more colorful jersey from the 1980s for the wall. Maybe the Expos, Orioles or Giants will do?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Anthony Nunez
    Historian, USFL Houston Gamblers
    www.Houston-Gamblers.com