Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cubman15
    • Jul 2013

Re: Show Me You Chicago Cubs Stuff...

Its been awhile since I've posted anything in this thread, but I've done some rearranging of some things in my basement and have a few new additions as well.

Picture #1 is my 2003 collection. Game used jerseys from three of the five starters (Wood and Prior signed) and Kerry Wood game used cleats. Game used bats pictured are from Patterson, Grudzielanek, Alou (x2), Ramirez, Choi, Miller, and Karros. I have a Sammy hanging separately.

Picture #2 is a Sammy Sosa game used HR jersey (HR #458) and a game used bat on top.

Picture #3 is a Starlin Castro game jersey with game bat.

Pictures #4 & #5 commemorate my children's first Cubs game. At my daughter's first game, Marmol tossed her a ball and Marshall signed it. Marshall got the win and Marmol got the save. At my son's first game, Soto and Byrd hit HRs. Earlier this year Byrd signed the jersey for my son at a game. Also have official lineup cards from each game.

Picture #6 includes a Derrek Lee drawing by my sister in law, a game used batting helmet, signed ball, and game used bat.

Picture #7 are game used bats (left to right): Lake, Almora, Baez, Castillo, Samardzija, Soriano, and Rizzo.
    Attached Files

Comment

• Cubman15
      • Jul 2013

Continuing on....

Picture #1 has game used bats from the starting lineup (in order because I'm a dork) of the 1984 Cubs (only missing Larry Bowa). The bats on the right are from the 1989 team, with the exception of Vance Law or Luis Salazar (Sandberg bat is with the 84 team). The hats from left to right are Soriano, Rizzo (BP), and Grace. Picture on the left is of Santo and signed. Picture on the right is Grace and is signed. Also included are two seats from Wrigley and batting gloves from Grace and Dunston. Pants belonged to Marlon Byrd, just don't know where to put them. LOL

Picture #2 is a drawing of the (then) three HOFers from the '69 Cubs, each of them signed it with the year they were inducted into the HOF.

Picture #3 is a drawing of Starlin Castro, signed as well.

Picture #4 includes a seat back signed by 16 Cubs including: Moreland, Dunston, Dempster, Svuem, Pinella, Soto, Sutcliffe,Matthews, Trout, Hundley,Banks, Dernier, Harden, Beckert, Jenkins, and Lee Smith. The seat bottom is signed and inscribed by Jenkins with his career highlights. On the bottom left are two baseballs. The ball on the right side is the last home run that Kris Bryant hit in AA and its signed.
      Attached Files

Comment

• nevrdiez34
        • Feb 2010

Nomar Garciaparra Game Used 2005 Road Jersey.
        Attached Files
        Always looking for Chicago Cubs and Wrigley Field Items

Comment

• nevrdiez34
          • Feb 2010

Starlin Castro 2010 Game Used Louisville Slugger MLB Authenticated to being used and cracked on August 29th, 2010.
          Attached Files

Comment

• nevrdiez34
            • Feb 2010

Not exaclty game used, but a little Wrigley Field history...
            Attached Files

Comment

• CubbyBear8
              • Nov 2013

Absolutely love your Sosa jersey. Wow thats a beauty!

I had my eye on that Soler jersey that was up for bid yesterday but got outbid. Had my price of max bid and didn't stray from that. Congrats to whomever won it. Hopefully was a Cubs Fan/collector

Comment

• nevrdiez34
                • Feb 2010

Javier Baez Game Used MLB Debut Baseball. MLB Authenticated to being fouled off by Baez on a 2-0 pitch from Colorado Rockies pitcher Brett Anderson in Baez's first at bat. Through MLB TV I was able to determine this same baseball was used for the first three pitches of Baez's career.
                Attached Files

Comment

• vdsporty25
                  • Feb 2009

Picked up a few bats from one of my favorite former Cubs ....Ryan Dempster! I have been looking to get one of his bats for a long time and found 5 of them at the same time! Thanks Nate for the outstanding trade!
                  Attached Files
                  Thanks a lot
                  Josh

Comment

• dpbrand
                    • Aug 2008

It is Cubs Convention week! As I am preparing for it, I realized that I didn’t share this pick-up from earlier in the baseball season. I got this glove from the Cubs. It is an awesome addition to my Cubs and Rizzo collection!

Thanks to all of those that share photos of your Cubs items – it’s always great to see pieces of other collections.
                    Attached Files

Comment

• twarman17
                      • Oct 2013

Originally posted by dpbrand
                      It is Cubs Convention week! As I am preparing for it, I realized that I didn’t share this pick-up from earlier in the baseball season. I got this glove from the Cubs. It is an awesome addition to my Cubs and Rizzo collection!

Thanks to all of those that share photos of your Cubs items – it’s always great to see pieces of other collections.
                      Excellent pickup! I acquired a Red Sox minor league glove of his last year, which I am very happy with. I was next in line for that glove I believe. I found out about it through Authentics and said I would take it, and then they made a call and said it was purchased.

Comment

• twarman17
                        • Oct 2013

Originally posted by twarman17
                        Excellent pickup! I acquired a Red Sox minor league glove of his last year, which I am very happy with. I was next in line for that glove I believe. I found out about it through Authentics and said I would take it, and then they made a call and said it was purchased.
                        Here's the glove, which I did not post in this thread
                        Attached Files

Comment

• twarman17
                          • Oct 2013

Here's the glove, which I did not post in this thread
                          Thumb loops on our gloves are identical, interesting. The COA I got says: "The glove was worn in ways consistent with how Rizzo prefers to use his mitts. The extra long finger and thumb loops have been left untied, and the wear indicates that his index finger was not inserted inside the finger slot but rather left outside the glove." Mine was used in 2008.

Comment

• twarman17
                            • Oct 2013

Pick this up awhile ago but at an appearance last night Rizzo confirmed that a coach wrote the note inside the helmet for him. Any photo matching help would be much appreciated, I searched on getty images and was unable to find anything. It is authenticated to last game of 2013. Not sure how to post more than one picture at a time so I'll post them in a few separate messages.
                            Attached Files

Comment

• twarman17
                              • Oct 2013

Pick this up awhile ago but at an appearance last night Rizzo confirmed that a coach wrote the note inside the helmet for him. Any photo matching help would be much appreciated, I searched on getty images and was unable to find anything. It is authenticated to last game of 2013. Not sure how to post more than one picture at a time so I'll post them in a few separate messages.
                              Pic #2
                              Attached Files

Comment

• twarman17
                                • Oct 2013

Pic #3
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...