What's your favorite "common" jersey in your collection?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sox83cubs84
    Banned
    • Apr 2009

Re: What's your favorite "common" jersey in your collection?

Most of the jerseys in my collection are "commons", but at the top are 1995 Cubs BP jerseys, worn, of pitchers Bob Patterson and Kent Bottenfield, both of which were given to me directly from them during the season.

Dave Miedema

Comment

• flaco1801
      • Nov 2005

All my shirts are "commons" i have most types from the 70s-80s.. always washed and worn out and about...how do you decide which side of a jersey to frame?...

Comment

• godwulf
        • Aug 2007

While I haven't actually gotten around to framing any of my jerseys, of course I still have to think about which side to display, and, if I'm getting a jersey signed, which side to have the player autograph.

For me, if the player's name is on the back of the jersey, that's kind of a no-brainer...but since so many of mine are from the minor leagues, with no NOB, I usually will go with the front, where the team name is displayed; of course, sometimes there'll be a smaller jersey number on the front, as well, which is a bonus. About the only reason I can think of to have the player sign the back when there's no name there is if his jersey number is so well known that you really want that number in the display. Or if you have several jerseys of the same player from different teams - even if some of the jerseys don't have the NOB, I'd probably want to have them all signed on the same side, for uniformity's sake.
        Jeff
        godwulf1@cox.net

Comment

• NEFAN
          • Jul 2008

2000 Marty Moore Browns, his only year not as a Patriot. http://

Comment

• commando
            • Nov 2007

Originally posted by flaco1801
            All my shirts are "commons" i have most types from the 70s-80s.. always washed and worn out and about...how do you decide which side of a jersey to frame?...
            I bought the Perconte Mariners jersey with the intent of framing it facing to the front... Several years of Mariners jerseys don't have numbers on the front, which to me is kinda boring. In addition, the shoulder stripes seem to naturally line up while facing forward, too.

I need to find one more colorful jersey from the 1980s for the wall. Maybe the Expos, Orioles or Giants will do?
            sigpic
            Anthony Nunez
            Historian, USFL Houston Gamblers
            www.Houston-Gamblers.com

Comment

• both-teams-played-hard
              • Nov 2005

Originally posted by flaco1801
              "It's the name on the front of the jersey that matters most, not the one on the back." ~Joe Paterno

Comment

• 71buc
                • Jul 2011

Growing up in Tacoma I watched Lyman Bostock and Sergio Ferrer play in AAA. Bostock was always very friendly as was Ferrer. Ferrer was for some reason an absolute favorite of mine. I was 10 when I first saw him play. He couldn't hit a lick but he sure could pick it. I loved watching him take pregame. I remember trading a Bostock autograph for Ferrer's. That autograph was the centerpiece of my collection at the time. About ten years ago I managed to finally pick up one of his jerseys. Not a Tacoma or Mets Jersey but now that I am rapidly approaching 50 his Senior league jersey seems to be a fitting addition to my collection. Certainly not a valuable piece but it evokes rich memories for me.
                Attached Files

Comment

• misteremu
                  • Nov 2005

Bob Owchinko Late 70's Indians Jersey

Just a cool classic 70's style jersey. In addition, the neat thing about this particular jersey is the name was replaced...the outline of the fomer name is easy to read... Eckersley!
                  Attached Files

Comment

• commando
                    • Nov 2007

Re: Bob Owchinko Late 70's Indians Jersey

Originally posted by misteremu
                    Just a cool classic 70's style jersey. In addition, the neat thing about this particular jersey is the name was replaced...the outline of the fomer name is easy to read... Eckersley!
                    Eh? A 1978 Eckersley Indians jersey? Get out of here, you!
                    sigpic
                    Anthony Nunez
                    Historian, USFL Houston Gamblers
                    www.Houston-Gamblers.com

Comment

• AutographAddiction
                      • Aug 2010

Originally posted by LEGEND33
                      The "SHORTEST" (Bogues) and the "TALLEST" (Bol and Muresan) players in NBA history
                      www.houseofbasket.com
                      I really want that Bogues jersey. Love him. Awesome jersey.

Comment

• LEGEND33
                        • Nov 2005

i also have the white and the red Manute Bol (Bullets) warm up, the red Bogues (Bullets) warm up, Bogues Charlotte practice jersey and shoes and the Muresan white jersey (Bullets)
                        www.houseofbasket.com
                        Attached Files

Comment

• AutographAddiction
                          • Aug 2010

Originally posted by LEGEND33
                          i also have the white and the red Manute Bol (Bullets) warm up, the red Bogues (Bullets) warm up, Bogues Charlotte practice jersey and shoes and the Muresan white jersey (Bullets)
                          www.houseofbasket.com
                          Ever want to sell anything Bogues, let me know. Although I am sure they are probably locked in your collection. Thanks.

Comment

• rdeversole
                            • Dec 2009

My favorite common would be my Boston Red Sox Chad Bradford road jersey. This guy was fun to watch pitch. He had a unique style and would almost drag the ground with his pitching hand when throwing.

- CINCINNATI REDS/JOEY VOTTO BATS
                            Email: rdeversole@gmail.com Twitter: @dugoutrelics

Comment

• dcrules01
                              • Nov 2005

99 Bill Pulsipher Milwaukee Brewers

Looking for Doug Flynn and Joel Youngblood items.NY Mets jerseys 78-82

Thanks Scott dcrules01@msn.com

Comment

• kprst6
                                • Mar 2011

My 2011 #1 Brent Johnson Home Set 2. It's the jersey he wore when he knocked out Rick DiPietro and he only played in 1 game in the black home jerseys during the second half of the season (but was the backup for every other black jersey home game and saw no ice time). He had a perfect 0.00 Goals Against Average, blocked 28/28 shots in this jersey, and had a rare goalie fight and even rarer goalie fight T.K.O. The jersey worn during this game started the 2/11/11 joke that resulted in 65 penalties, 346 penalty minutes, 10 ejections.

Click image for larger version

Name:	bj.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	41.2 KB
ID:	673625

Comment

Working...