Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 28 of 42 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Re: 6 charged with fraud

Quote Originally Posted by gingi79 View Post
    So instead of insulting each other and hurting our own reputations, maybe we should just "Move along. Nothing to see here" until more information comes out. Just a humble suggestion.....
    +10000...

Quote Originally Posted by MarkakisMania View Post
    I just find it kind of funny that it seems as long as some collectors can photo match their items they seem fine with the fact that this company apparently was doctoring other items to appear real and selling them as such. That is just stupidty on every level. How can you defend that type of business practice.
    Huh? Um, actually your very ignorant. Sure, I can photomatch my 2 JO game worn jerseys, but doesn't mean I LOVE JO and am "on their side". Sure, it hurts to hear the news of them being mixed up in this fraud case and certainly do not condone any such actions. Will I be buying from them in the future? Maybe, maybe not. Do I think they "doctored" my 2 jersey with the grass/hit stains? F no! Great real. There's no way in hell anyone in the world could get the EXACT same stains/color/marks in the EXACT same spot that my jerseys are photomatched to Getty images and the original HD football games they were used in last year.

Quote Originally Posted by nickacs View Post
    +10000...

Huh? Um, actually your very ignorant. Sure, I can photomatch my 2 JO game worn jerseys, but doesn't mean I LOVE JO and am "on their side". Sure, it hurts to hear the news of them being mixed up in this fraud case and certainly do not condone any such actions. Will I be buying from them in the future? Maybe, maybe not. Do I think they "doctored" my 2 jersey with the grass/hit stains? F no! Great real. There's no way in hell anyone in the world could get the EXACT same stains/color/marks in the EXACT same spot that my jerseys are photomatched to Getty images and the original HD football games they were used in last year.

If the statement did not apply to you then don't worry about it. Several posters already stated that they had zero problem with this company even if they admitted in a court of law that they doctored jersey's as long as they could photo match them for their collections they would keep buying.

How exactly I am ignorant??? I think that statement says it all. Basically screw everyone else as long as I get what I want I don't care about the ethics of the company selling the product and what they do to others or how they harm the industry. If anything is ignorant it is that mentality, not my statement.

Jeb

Quote Originally Posted by nickacs View Post
    +10000...

I am also not in any way suggesting that a photo matched jersey that you or any other collector has is forged. If it is photo matched then it is photo matched. We have however seen several questionable examples on this thread of jersey's that were clearly not photo matched for whatever reason and questionable business practices by this company to say the least.

I don't believe that anyone is in any way questioning that this company has sold a number of legit jersey's. As I said before one of the oldest tricks in the book in this business is mix in 10% bad with 90% good inventory and generally you will stay in business for a long time. It has happened for years or whatever the percentage is. I am in no way questioning the legitimacy of any photomatched jersey by you or any other person who has purchased from this company at any point and time. What I am questioning is the other various problems raised by say a federal indictment and questions raised by other people who have posted on this same thread that have purchased from this company and then had issues raised and seemingly nothing done about it.

Jeb

Banned

If I decide a company is willing to lie about a item and then steal from my fellow man by selling said item to them then I am done with them.

There is no maybe or maybe not in mind about a company that will harm others for a profit. That company is stained forever in my mind.

I have even less respect for someone who will do business with that company just for the sake of procuring a material object.

There was a time when children were taught about good and evil.

I'm thinking we form an 'Occupy GUU' movement until we get answers on JO, Mitch and the others....

I am sorry but if a team sends JO let's say 20 jerseys, JO should make sure A. those 20 players played in the game and B. if everything checks out.
    People say do your homework and check things before you buy them, i am sorry but when i spend over 500$ on a jersey i expect A. the company is selling me what i paid for(a game used jersey) and B. they did the work and made sure it checks out.

I am not defending JO sports or crucifying them until i get the whole story. My feeling on them is neither good or bad even though i kind of have a bad taste about the people that got taken.

Quote Originally Posted by 34swtns View Post
    I made sure of that by doing the necessary legwork to insure that.
    If you were dumb enough to get taken, it's on you.
    I sleep like a baby, bet on that.
    *DINGDINGDING*

So after all of these post, I see that there is a big split. Of course those who have purchased from JO will be more likely to support them (even if their items have been photomatched, a worthless LOA will always hurt the item).

Yet I have never purchased anything from them, so I guess I must not be allowed to "know" if they are guilty or not. I'm sure that they will all be able to explain the little mistakes to the feds and it will all be cleared up in a week...

Come to think of it, I never invested directly with Madoff......so I am not allowed to say he was guilty either.

As for Barry making a statement; I did not see that as a classless infomercial for his company. Through the darkness that this whole thing has placed on our hobby, I think it was a nice affirmation that there is still some hope out there for our jerseys and our collections.

***Sorry for all of the paragraphs...including it on one post rather than 10...not cutting and pasting and legal definitions to show my intelligence (of cutting and pasting)...using sarcasm...or hurting anybodies feelings.

Quote Originally Posted by yankees506 View Post
    thats funny as hell hope we are'nt too "modern", this thread is way too serious
    One more scuff for us, don't mess around
    We just wanna see, just scuff it now,
    Now it's game ready!

Party rock is in the house tonight!

....its just too heavy in here!

Quote Originally Posted by SaintsGeaux View Post
    Will we ever get THE press release or some inside insights from Mr. Cavalier?
    Hello Michael,

Unfortunately, I do not have any "inside insights" on this matter. As I mentioned previously, I was told by JO Sports that they would be issuing a press release which may help answer many of the questions that are being posted here. I do not know when the release will actually take place and I am waiting to see the release just like the other members on this board.

I will say that it is my understanding that the alleged charges stem from issues prior to JO Sports starting his team deals. In fact, it is my understanding that JO started the team deals to try get legitimate merchandise directly rather than dealing with the so-called "sources" referenced in articles. That is my understanding but I will also be waiting for the press release to see if that is correct. Personally, I think it is important to let JO make any statements at this point rather than speculating like some of the other members are doing.

Notably, GUU will remain available as a forum for Jarrod to respond. Further, GUU has always stood for honesty and integrity and remains committed to doing so going forward. This is also the case with the 8D Network and 8D Auctions which I am involved with as well.

There's not much more to say at this time as we, like you, await further clarification from all involved.

Sincerely,
    Chris
    Christopher Cavalier
    Consignment Director - Heritage Auctions