Quote Originally Posted by MarkakisMania View Post

Again, Not picking on Penn State, but thise just brings really really bad publicity to the University especially in light of the additional charges of perjury against two major high ranking Penn State officials.

Jeb
Hey Jeb,

You are correct, and I apologize for not bringing up earlier the University officials that have now been brought in on perjury charges. Repulsive is the only word for it, and it falls well short of expressing how sick this makes actually me feel. As bad as Sandusky is, the true crime would be a cover up that allowed this to go on far longer than it ever should have.

When I first graduated I moved back to State College to live, and one of my first official "real" jobs was teaching art to young children on campus in an after school program sponsored by the University. All of these children in the area idolized Penn State football and the players. Some players like Curtis Enis were kind enough to stop by and spend some time with the class, which made these kids on cloud 9! This was in 1997, so to think a sexual predator like Sandusky was around and lurking with potentially one of the children I taught makes me shaken and disturbed beyond belief.

I and all alums have some real connection to their former school, and this whole event goes beyond what Sandusky did for a living. If the allegations are true, he scarred young men for life. There is nothing that can take that away or make this story have a happy ending. As I stated earlier, it is the WORST crime there is. Period.

Also @ Camerokids, JoePA did not personally witness anything. A grad student was the eyewitness and reported it to Joe, who immediately reported it to Curry (who then apparently withheld the information, hence why he is being now charged with perjury). Now, should he have spoken to Sandusky personally and say "what the he11 was this all about"? Or perhaps followed up with Curry? Of course. No one really knows what happened there, so I am going to let that play out in the legal system. Of course if Joe somehow knew more, than yes his actions were indefensible. But for now that does not seem to be the case.