X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sportscentury
    • Nov 2005

Re: Ethical question

Originally posted by cjw
    Thank you Chris and all other members of the discussion board for your feedback and insight. I look forward to sharing positive hobby stories and info in the near future!

I feel it would be best to speak to the dealer/auctioneer face-to-face about this issue and will have the chance in early Nov. at the International Sports Collectables Show in Toronto. There is no reason to believe that he will admit any culpability in the issue but I would like to have him answer my questions in person.

After this meeting (assuming it happens) I would be pleased to share the details with the board in a fullsome, and professional manner. I want to stress that I have no desire to sully anyone's good name.

Thanks again
    My recommendation would be to get the response in written form. Otherwise, your statements are subject to a he-said-she-said questioning.

Reid
    Always looking for top NBA game worn items of superstar and Hall-of-Fame-caliber players (especially Kobe, LeBron, MJ, Curry and Durant). Also looking for game worn items of all players from special events (e.g., All Star Game, NBA Finals, milestone games, etc.). Please contact me at gameusedequip2@hotmail.com. Thank you.

Comment

• sportscentury
      • Nov 2005

I also would not wait until November. I know that there are already some emails being sent around speculating as to whom you are referring ... best to get this resolved soon.

Just some friendly advice. Whichever approach you take, best of luck.

Reid
      Always looking for top NBA game worn items of superstar and Hall-of-Fame-caliber players (especially Kobe, LeBron, MJ, Curry and Durant). Also looking for game worn items of all players from special events (e.g., All Star Game, NBA Finals, milestone games, etc.). Please contact me at gameusedequip2@hotmail.com. Thank you.

Comment

• CansecoPower33
        • Oct 2006

This is why I'd always encourage people to document their collections with photos. Proving they're the same jersey will be extremely difficult without the necessary evidence. I don't suppose you could track down whomever gave the jersey to the store you purchased from. It's a longshot, but I'd attempt to trace its origin.

Comment

• cjw
          • Oct 2006

Photo documenting each of my nicer items is the way I will go now...for sure. Unfortunatley, the thrift store owner that I bought this from purchases all his stuff in bulk and I am sure he won't remmeber this item. I will ask however.
          WANTED -1977 Toronto Blue Jays game jersey

chris@pacmedia.ca

Comment

• cjw
            • Oct 2006

Hi folks,

As mentioned earlier, I did attend the Toronto Show this weekend but was not able to speak to the dealer/acutioneer that bought the 1970's NFL jersey from me. I did not pursue the issue with his colleagues as it would have been useless to proceed without speaking to the buyer.

As stated before, I don't have a picture of the jersey in the condition it was when I sold it (unused and almost pristine). While I am completely convinced that the jersey was "doctored" and sold as game worn (with repairs etc)...I cannot prove this...and ultimately, it would just be a finger pointing issue. As such, I don't feel comfortable posting specifics here.

Sorry to stir things up with this thread, but I have purchased a few items from this auction house and am now concerned over it'c credibility.

chris@pacmedia.ca

Comment

• CollectGU
              • Nov 2005

Why don't you simply lay out the facts as I mentioned earlier and let the forum members make decisions one way or the other based upon the facts you lay out..

Regards,
              Dave

Comment

• cjw
                • Oct 2006

I understand your thoughts on this and I am inclined to lay all the facts out, but in doing so, will accuse an auction house of forgery with only my word as back up.

chris@pacmedia.ca

Comment

Working...