NFL Hard Knocks 2013 - Recycling of Cincinnati Bengals game jerseys.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Anabolicollege17
    Banned
    • May 2013

Re: NFL Hard Knocks 2013 - Recycling of Cincinnati Bengals game jerseys.

Lol nah hosh the Beck was white and game used. It sold for I think 7 grand when he first went to the Dolphins.

Comment

• Anabolicollege17
      Banned
      • May 2013

Originally posted by abstractheory
      "Unless you are willing to pay several hundred dollars you won't get a Nike jersey today. I'm sure they will be very plentiful in a couple seasons."

Exactly! All these people in love with these new Nike jerseys (still not quite sure why) just need to wait a little. They will soon flood the market just like the Reebok gamers did. Just relax.
      I disagree. No More J.O sports to flood the market. And a ton of teams don't sell them anymore (and a lot of teams recycle). I don't think they will be easy to get at all. You know how many nike jerseys hit eBay from now until release? 15 jerseys. Getting Nike jerseys will not be as easy as it is to get reeboks.

Nike is 100x better than reebok. All I buy is Nike sneakers, I would never ever buy a pair of reeboks. So I guess I'm a Nike loyalist. I think the swoosh on an NFL uniform is the best. Also the quality of the Nike gamers is second to none.

Comment

• jake33
        • Nov 2005

Only 15 Nike jerseys have hit ebay so far?

I just collect Bucs game used jerseys and these have been on ebay.

Dallas Clark Red
        Dallas Clark White
        Davin joseph White
        Gerald McCoy red

So are you saying that 4 of the 15 total Nike game used NFL jerseys to hit ebay were Buccaneers jerseys?

Comment

• Mulligans
          • Dec 2009

I have quite a few GU Nike Jerseys and I certainly wouldn't pay extra for one? IMO.....There is absolutely nothing special about them at all....other than the fact that they seem to rip a lot easier.

I agree....once a couple of years go by, there will be far less of a discussion......Just like all of the Jersey Brands that came before them.

Comment

• Anabolicollege17
            Banned
            • May 2013

Jake Believe it or not I was including those Buccs gamers in on the 15. I saw every single one of those buccs gamers. They are plentiful on NFL auctions but eBay there aren't many at all.

And they do rip a lot easier due to the spandex upper.

Comment

• abstractheory
              • Apr 2010

Originally posted by Anabolicollege17
              I disagree. No More J.O sports to flood the market. And a ton of teams don't sell them anymore (and a lot of teams recycle). I don't think they will be easy to get at all. You know how many nike jerseys hit eBay from now until release? 15 jerseys. Getting Nike jerseys will not be as easy as it is to get reeboks.

Nike is 100x better than reebok. All I buy is Nike sneakers, I would never ever buy a pair of reeboks. So I guess I'm a Nike loyalist. I think the swoosh on an NFL uniform is the best. Also the quality of the Nike gamers is second to none.
              Love to know where you got your facts about how many have hit ebay...Amazing!...Trust me we ALL know you LOVE Nike at this point since it's mentioned in almost all of your posts thus far.

Still would love to know why the quality is "second to none"...Oh yeah, I forgot, because you buy their shoes and think the swoosh looks "the best"...Really?? I own both and don't seen the big deal really, but whatever.

Bottom line is Nike jerseys WILL be available on ebay and other places in time... Sheeesh

Comment

• abstractheory
                • Apr 2010

Originally posted by Mulligans
                I have quite a few GU Nike Jerseys and I certainly wouldn't pay extra for one? IMO.....There is absolutely nothing special about them at all....other than the fact that they seem to rip a lot easier.

I agree....once a couple of years go by, there will be far less of a discussion......Just like all of the Jersey Brands that came before them.
                yup! Nicely stated.

Comment

• abstractheory
                  • Apr 2010

Originally posted by jake33
                  Only 15 Nike jerseys have hit ebay so far?

I just collect Bucs game used jerseys and these have been on ebay.

Dallas Clark Red
                  Dallas Clark White
                  Davin joseph White
                  Gerald McCoy red

So are you saying that 4 of the 15 total Nike game used NFL jerseys to hit ebay were Buccaneers jerseys?

Comment

• abstractheory
                    • Apr 2010

Jake Believe it or not I was including those Buccs gamers in on the 15. I saw every single one of those buccs gamers. They are plentiful on NFL auctions but eBay there aren't many at all.

And they do rip a lot easier due to the spandex upper.
                    No, they rip a lot easier because of the over all material used to construct them.

Comment

• gingi79
                      • Aug 2007

The worst part was they didn't even use seam rippers, just a straight edge razor blade. "Oh, you want a game worn jersey from this player? Riiiiip" "Who?"

Some of us collect guys who aren't wearing #15. Many of us know some guy who signed on as an undrafted rookie, random 3 year player, etc. I happen to like Maybin but his Preseason jerseys don't exist now. The name on his Bengals jersey was removed quicker that the stubble next to my goatee
                      Bieksallent! My Player Collections:

http://sami-salo.webs.com

Comment

• Anabolicollege17
                        Banned
                        • May 2013

Originally posted by abstractheory
                        No, they rip a lot easier because of the over all material used to construct them.
                        Yes and that material is Spandex lol

Comment

• Mattapan03
                          • Mar 2010

I will have to respectfully disagree about the quality of Nike jersey's being better than Reebok.

I own both Reebok and Nike game jersey's and I prefer the Reebok's hands down. They actually look like real football jersey's, not some silly gimmick model jersey that nike puts together.

Nike might have a hold on you anabolic, but not me, nor many of the people on here. There is NOTHING to make the case that the jersey's are better other than you brand loyalty.

Too bad nike isnt paying you.

Comment

• Anabolicollege17
                            Banned
                            • May 2013

Yeah Matt I agree. Its opinion based. Just like some people like there coffee black and others cream and sugar. Its all personal preference so theres no right or wrong. I prefer the pro-combat nike look, and most of all the feel. They are very comfortable once put on (as long as your in decent shape and wear your true size). I think the stretch twill feature is especially cool. The only part I don't like is the sweat box. I can tell you that I love the new nike pants over the reeboks, I know some of you will still prefer reebok pants. I picked up a few pairs and will post pictures soon.

Oh I also like the NFL shield on Nike jerseys so much better.

Comment

• abstractheory
                              • Apr 2010

Originally posted by Mattapan03
                              I will have to respectfully disagree about the quality of Nike jersey's being better than Reebok.

I own both Reebok and Nike game jersey's and I prefer the Reebok's hands down. They actually look like real football jersey's, not some silly gimmick model jersey that nike puts together.

Nike might have a hold on you anabolic, but not me, nor many of the people on here. There is NOTHING to make the case that the jersey's are better other than you brand loyalty.

Too bad nike isnt paying you.
                              I think you hit the nail on the head, Matt...The gimmick is new and therefore attracts some people, which is cool....But, the all out, fall over, love for Nike is just weird. I think the jerseys look good enough, but to say the construction/material quality is better is just confusing.

He must be getting a Nike kickback.

Comment

• abstractheory
                                • Apr 2010

Yes and that material is Spandex lol
                                Yeah, super, specially engineered, deep space, high quality Nike spandex, right?

Btw, Nike made Broncos' jerseys (along with other teams) in the late 90's. They used almost the exact same construction and material as reebok (I own a few) when they took over. So, was the Nike quality bad in the late 90's??

Looks like Reebok was just following Nike's lead and giving the NFL what they wanted.

Comment

Working...