Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jbean023
    • Nov 2011

Re: 3rd Party Selling Game Used

I'll kind of get off track and touch on my opinion with teams as well as 3rd party.

Steiner and Meigray both will work with you if you are repeat customers. Also, I have had nothing but top notch service from both sides.

The thing is I don't mind paying $1K for a jersey that was worn at home games for 2 months rather than $600 for one series or game.

Thing to look for is players do have they favorite jerseys and are superstitious, a chris johnson sold on ebay last night and congrats to the owner jersey looked worn for half the season. There are heavy use jerseys still out there with one game jerseys wore in between. Off sport but I seen many big name football players last year during the national anthem with thrashed jerseys so obviously multiple game use.

There are teams out there that still that I hope don't join in the flood mix at least from what I see-Dodgers, Angels, Cards, Rockies, Indians, Marlins, white sox, padres (looks to change this season) Rays (i like how the rays program works), maybe a couple others. From my expierence unless you are at the game you aren't getting dodgers,cards,or angels items and an occasional mlb auctions siting.

Tigers - out of control with flooding but I respect they start all there auctions at .99 no reserve usually besides miggy and fair customer service

Orioles- crazy prices, andruw has great customer service but 500$ for a markakis and still hasn't hit reserve. If you hit the right time you can get a longo for that

red sox- I believe they didn't have many reserves either but a lot of items from last year still don't seem to surface once purchased

Cubs- flood central last season on jerseys, unrealistic prices for one game jerseys,
    decent customer service

Anyone else want to add their team and thoughts?

Comment

• lakeerie92
      • Oct 2008

jbean023- I don't take offense to anything you said and I tend to agree with you. The initial offering is trying to get a feel for the prices. The value of an item is only what someone is willing to pay for it. I am actively working on adjusting the prices to real world value and we will see where it goes from there. I have gotten really good reception to my feedback from everyone in the program and I am hoping with my touch it can be a third party program that is run similar to a direct from the team program. There is a lot of interest in getting this right and expanding to other teams. I am a collector first and always will be. I make plenty of money through the Navy so this job isn't about money for me. I have the hopes of buying an item or two through the program too.
      Russell Wuerffel
      Always looking for Chipper Jones game used bats and authenticated hits and MLB authenticated commemorative logo basballs.
      lakeerie92 @ yahoo.com

Comment

• CollectGU
        • Nov 2005

Originally posted by jbean023
        Hi,

I think 3rd party sellers are going to have tough time with game used in the upcoming years(economic predictions of inflation starting to increase and 35% unemployment by the end of 2016)

Just wondering collectors thoughts?
        If there is ever 35% unemployment rate in the U.S., there likely won't be any sport teams for players to wear jerseys for...

Comment

Working...