Quote Originally Posted by kellsox View Post
The biggest question should be when do the tigers sell the "used " sewing machine that stitches all of the 100s of the 1 game -used Miguel Cabrera jerseys that will soon flood the market
Best thing I've read all day.

LMAO!

In all seriousness, I really do see game-used going in the direction of cards. Especially game-used baseballs. It seems as if everybody's got them, that everybody's selling them. Yet, is any third party collector/investor making money on such balls?

The good news is that if you want to collect baseballs from a certain game you were at, or if you have a certain favorite play, you may be able to pick up the very baseball(s). I've had those experiences, and they are delightful. However, if you are looking at collecting as an investment, I don't see how you can do it with the balls.

Now, when I purchase game-used baseballs, I don't do it with any expectation of a profit. I buy from players I like, and from games I am at. That way, they mean something to me. I wouldn't sell the majority of them, and they are fun for me. This is what collecting is about, IMHO.