Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • helf35
    • Jul 2013

Re: Dealing with GU reps for ASG items

Mlb is selling the chairs on there auction site.

Comment

• Roady
      • Jun 2012

Originally posted by Phil316
      Oh yeah
      He looks like a coloring book.

Comment

• Hoosier39
        • Jul 2013

Cfern-- so you wanted the Trout, then didn't, then did again? That about right?

I don't agree with HM at all and will not do business with them, but you kinda ran this guy around for while yourself. When you both agreed to the Trout price, why didn't you just pay for it then like he wanted you to? He asked you about 10 times that you are 100% sure in on the Trout. You backed out because you didn't get the Stanton. Come on, you broke a promise just as much as he did.

This is my opinion of course, and I'm sorry if I missed anything on the 10 page dialogue you layer out.

Comment

• Roady
          • Jun 2012

Just found this email in my trash folder. I have had my email to send all Highland Mint emails to the trash since last year. Their prices and their business practices are repulsive.
          I still can't believe anyone would pay their prices.

Email starts now........

Here is a list of MLB Authenticated game used baseballs from the 2014 All Star Game. MLB is not accepting anything under $500 for these and some may go for A LOT more.

If you have interest in one let me know and we can offer MLB a price.

Thanks for your time and look forward to hearing back from you.

Steven J. McRae
          Account Executive
          The Highland Mint
          800-544-6135 Ext. 137
          321-773-2727 Ext. 137
          321-777-9500 (Fax)
          smcrae@thehighlandmint.com
          Shop MLB, NFL, NBA, NHL, plus more Officially Licensed Collectibles & Memorabilia perfect for the biggest fans. Framed wall display plus commemorative silver & gold team and player coins.

Comment

• cfern023
            • Aug 2012

Terry,

I'm not sure you understand the point of that post. I mean no disrespect.

For what it's worth, I did have every intention of buying the Stanton the first time when we agreed at the $1500 price- until he came back and tried to "up my bid".

However, it came to my attention that two other members were trying to purchase jerseys for the better part of a year.

One was in constant contact for that year every month then weekly leading up to the game and had already agreed to purchase the item for 600 or 800.

Until the week before when he was told 1200 then 1500.

They had no intention of honoring first come first serve and allowed a full all out bidding war where no one knew the others true maximum bid. Who's to say that others were not fraudulently ran up in price like in this case. Who is to say there even was another buyer for the Trout. Or Stanton for that matter. (Remember , the Stanton was already on its way to Miami the day of the ASG)

From what I hear, other reps would be much more reliable and true to their word than Steven.

While I am not free from fault, I'm happy I can lend a clear path to how highland mint conducts it's business when their rep was so quick to dismiss everyone.

Comment

• Hoosier39
              • Jul 2013

No I think I understand the Stanton jersey, I guess I'm just confused on the Trout. You both agreed on a price and he asked you 10 times if you are 100% in and on the Trout and you said yes. He said your price was locked in and 100% yours and asked for a credit card to complete it. You didn't do that. It just seems to me that you both wasted each other's time. You can be mad about the Stanton, but he has every right to be mad about the Trout as well. He had your word several times that you were buying it.

Regardless, their business practice overall is pretty bad.

Comment

• cfern023
                • Aug 2012

Terry, I emailed you at your google address. Hopefully I can clarify everything for you.

Comment

• cfern023
                  • Aug 2012

Originally posted by The natural
                  Nothing of what you all are implying, saying, and or complaining about is warranted a reply but I will not watch my name be used as a scapegoat in your little forum.

You all have my email address and if you have questions please by all means contact me directly and ask me. I will be more than happy to thoroughly explain how we deal with the ASG and how the process works.

There is no bait and switch here. There is nothing illegal going on.

You all so desperately want these items yet at the end of the day rather complain to each other instead of actually buying them. You are unhappy that someone else is getting the piece you want so badly but never pull the trigger.

We go higher and you complain. But you all try to make us go lower and that is okay. Economics 101....supply and demand. There is one item available and 25 people want it. Do you sell it to the first person in line for $1???

Again, please refrain from slandering me or my company based on no evidence. You can email me or call me anytime!!! If you truly have issues with "how to deal with reps for asg items" you shouldn't talk amongst people who have never done it.

Steven McRae
                  1-800-544-6134 ext 137
                  Smcrae@thehighlandmint.com
                  Hey Steven,
                  I gave clear and concrete evidence as to how you conduct business. Hope this "little forum" doesn't upset you so much.

I await word from the Vice President of Highland Mint so I can inform him as to how you conduct yourself on a public forum and with potential customers willing to spend thousands with your company. You are going to tell him right? You should. I mean, why not show your boss that you've ruined your reputation as well as his companies.

I also sincerely hope you contact MLB so I can inform them of who they have representing them in business deals.

As for my reputation, it speaks for itself. I've conducted numerous deals with members of GUU, as well as in the business world. Like I've said, I am nothing without my word. But whats more important about that is how you treat those who reach out.

By day I work out service agreements on peoples cars, and each time they need something I'm there to "Help Them" with their purchase, be it purchasing from myself or helping them by pointing them in the right direction.

At the end of your day, your word is only so much. Your reputation is what drives business and helps others continue to do business.

Supply and demand is dictated on two things- the true supply and the true demand.

There is no evidence there are other people who want to purchase these items, only your word and your damaged reputation. When Playstation or Nintendo conduct limited releases for items they charge what they want to charge and sell it at retail. There is no "Show up and maybe NIntendo will sell you the Wii for $400." It is "Show up and maybe you can buy the Wii for $400".

Where Supply and demand factor in is when you go to third parties and there is transparency (there is that word again), in who your are conducting business with. You list it on ebay, you get more than $400 for it, but at the end of the day the other person truly knows someone else was willing to buy it for less.

Your reputation is in ruins because your lack of....wait for it.... transparency. "Its yours for 1500", the next day "Its yours for 2000 because someone wants it too".

Whose to say the other person exists.

I have a feeling the other buyers are as realistic as Travis Barker buying all the All Star Jerseys next year.

Comment

• 5toolplayer
                    • Apr 2011

What a crazy story!! I don't even know what to say about what's going on with this "bidding" process . I hope we get a HM rep to finally come on here and clear this all up. Looks really bad anyway you look at it.
                    5TOOLPLAYER@COMCAST.NET

Comment

• commando
                      • Nov 2007

There's little doubt that each of these items were going to go to the highest bidder (assuming the items were even available, which was unclear to both the buyers AND the sellers). So if a high bid is going to win an item, why not have a transparent, open auction format?

Furthermore, I understand that the Highland Mint wants to sell these items while the "iron is hot." But if they are unclear on which items they actually have the right to sell, it would be wise to wait until the smoke clears before trying to strike deals with collectors.
                      sigpic
                      Anthony Nunez
                      Historian, USFL Houston Gamblers
                      www.Houston-Gamblers.com

Comment

• cfern023
                        • Aug 2012

For this interested in who is doing business for Highland Mint- here's Steve's latest email. The third such email since I told him to stop contacting me.

Maybe Steve should look I to his own antics.

If someone would like to contact me, from Highland Mint (excluding Steve), MLB or even GUU feel free to contact me. All three should have my contact info already- if not, feel free to email me.

-------

Trout BP jersey sold no problem today...just want to let you know how Cute your little stunt was.

Messing with ones livelihood must help you sleep at night.

I am contacting Chris Cavalier as well to speak to him about your antics.

Steven J. McRae
                        Account Executive
                        The Highland Mint
                        800-544-6135 Ext. 137
                        321-773-2727 Ext. 137
                        321-777-9500 (Fax)
                        smcrae@thehighlandmint.com
                        Shop MLB, NFL, NBA, NHL, plus more Officially Licensed Collectibles & Memorabilia perfect for the biggest fans. Framed wall display plus commemorative silver & gold team and player coins.

Comment

• UTeric3232
                          • Apr 2010

crazy, immature, shady...

Just put them on an open auction and give everyone a chance. Ridiculous...

Comment

• BU54CB
                            • Jul 2010

The shame is, MLB, much like the NFL, doesn't care about their auctions sites or the items they are selling. If they did, this type of thing wouldn't happen.

All they care about is that the items sold and they get theirs, period, greed rules !!

Comment

• cfern023
                              • Aug 2012

lol- maybe that Trout didn't sell!

Comment

• cfern023
                                • Aug 2012

Nevermind- just read one of the descriptions-

Looks like I jumped the gun

Comment