Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NFL Footballs

NFL Footballs

2 questions:

1. What do they treat pro balls with before a game?

2. Is there anywhere you can send an older ball to have a new bladder installed. I would like to reuse the same laces if possible. Wilson will just cut them and use new lace.

Thanks

Re: NFL Footballs

i was going to ask the same but then i did a search and found a place in cali that does it for $27 plus shipping, $29 if autographed.

A NFL ball has a pink coating that needs to be removed. First you dampen a towel with hot water. Too much water can ruin a ball. Get as much of the coating with the towel.

Next you take a football brush to scrub the football. As you do this the football will get darker and give you better grip.

There are various ways to give the ball more grip (Baseball mud, dryer, using leather wide receiver gloves to play catch with a ball). Game balls are used in practice leading up to the game.

Quote Originally Posted by NEFAN View Post
    2 questions:

2. Is there anywhere you can send an older ball to have a new bladder installed. I would like to reuse the same laces if possible. Wilson will just cut them and use new lace.

Thanks
    No.2 ) Contact Ebay member, ibew38football and type in Football bladder replacement on the search. He could answer your question about reusing the same lacing. He definitely does the bladders. He is from Cleveland, Ohio.

I've sent several footballs to National Sports Distributors in California for bladder replacement and they have done an excellent job. I am not sure if they can use the old laces (my footballs were mint, so it wasn't an issue), but ask for Rob when you call as he will be able to answer that question.

Whatever you do, DON'T try it yourself using any type of ball repair kit or flat tire repair kit. It usually doesn't work on a football, and it is a good way to ruin a ball.

Here is their contact information:
    National Sports Distributors
    298 Alder Avenue,
    Cotati, CA 94931

707-285-2900 or 877-466-6826.
    Email: info@nsdsports.com

Good luck!

Mark Hayne
    Gridiron Exchange

Thank you for the information Mark!

Quote Originally Posted by G1X View Post
    I've sent several footballs to National Sports Distributors in California for bladder replacement and they have done an excellent job. I am not sure if they can use the old laces (my footballs were mint, so it wasn't an issue), but ask for Rob when you call as he will be able to answer that question.

Whatever you do, DON'T try it yourself using any type of ball repair kit or flat tire repair kit. It usually doesn't work on a football, and it is a good way to ruin a ball.

298 Alder Avenue,
    Cotati, CA 94931

Good luck!

Mark Hayne
    Gridiron Exchange

You can send the ball directly to Wilson for a new bladder. I had one replaced many years ago by them. Good luck.

Carlos
    Always buying 1960'1970's Miami Dolphins

Quote Originally Posted by G1X View Post

298 Alder Avenue,
    Cotati, CA 94931

Good luck!

Mark Hayne
    Gridiron Exchange
    Thanks for the info, I'll contact them.

Quote Originally Posted by bgakladd View Post
    No.2 ) Contact Ebay member, ibew38football and type in Football bladder replacement on the search. He could answer your question about reusing the same lacing. He definitely does the bladders. He is from Cleveland, Ohio.
    I'm not sure heow to contact him on eBay. Any tips?

Quote Originally Posted by NEFAN View Post
    I'm not sure heow to contact him on eBay. Any tips?
    Ebay search: Football Bladder Replacement....his listing will pop up. Scroll down to ask a him a question if you have any concerning his work.