X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ndevlin
    • Mar 2008

Re: Larry Walker bat on eBay from ZaneBats

Originally posted by godwulf
    I've never in my life seen an MLB hologram sticker on a bat's knob - anyplace other than the barrel.
    Because the bat was broken in 2 and they auth'd both pieces.

Comment

• danesei@yahoo.com
      • Feb 2014

Originally posted by PwKw13
      Just an FYI, this bat was actually used by Juan Rivera according to the MLB website. I sent an email, and they said that the description would be changed.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vladimir-Gue...item2ee2cc89d5
      Yes, he changed the description to say it was used by Rivera, but left in the remaining comments about which teams Guerrero played for, which, given the bat was used by Rivera, are, for the most part, irrelevant to the item.

Comment

• godwulf
        • Aug 2007

Originally posted by ndevlin
        Because the bat was broken in 2 and they auth'd both pieces.
        Well, that's different. I've seen bats broken completely in half that they've just taped together and put one holo sticker on - in fact, I think I've got a couple of them.
        Jeff
        godwulf1@cox.net

Comment

• danesei@yahoo.com
          • Feb 2014

Originally posted by godwulf
          Well, that's different. I've seen bats broken completely in half that they've just taped together and put one holo sticker on - in fact, I think I've got a couple of them.
          I've seen it done both ways. I think it depends on which person/park collected the broken bat.

Comment

• Juicyfruit66
            • May 2015

Larry walker also bats left. So the lefty marks wouldnt come into play.

Comment

• LarryWalkerFan
              • Sep 2016

Originally posted by Juicyfruit66
              Larry walker also bats left. So the lefty marks wouldnt come into play.
              That was part of my point in the original post. Zane claimed it was Walker's bat due to the left-handed marks. My point was that Denny Neagle was left-handed, as well, and wore the #15. The combination of those two facts meant that the left-handed marks on the barrel weren't definitively from Larry Walker, and, in all likelihood, were merely from Denny Neagle's usage.

And, before this gets rehashed... I doubt Walker would give a used bat to Neagle, and, even if he did, the bat would have some evidence of "3" or "33" being on the bat, since the number three is Larry Walker's lucky number.

Comment

• Juicyfruit66
                • May 2015

No doubt, ive ne er seen a walker without 33, he was pretty religious at marking it. I actually own a spike owen expos bat that i bought for peanuts and low and behold....33 on knob....young larry

Comment

• Swoboda4
                  • Nov 2005

Zane's a good guy, however him starting the listing at $10 is all you need to know (on how comfortable he felt about the bat).

Comment

Working...