I wanted to purchase my first Game Used Jersey, and this one of this promising young star, and was going by cheaply, so I thought why pass on it as the other jerseys I had my eye on had gone out of my price range. Anyhow, after checking Getty Images to see if I could find a photomatch, I noticed something incredibly strange, the nameplate on this jersey stretches beyond his numbers compared to the action photo ones.

Note: the Authentication is done by Lou Lampson. The grade breakdown that he does on all jerseys are:
Jersey Characteristic/Identifiers (out of 4) = 4.0
Aesthetics/Customization (out of 2) = 2.0
Range of Wear (out of 2) = 1.0
Provenance/Rarity (out of 2) = 0.5
for a grade of 7.5/10.0 (which was higher than 80% of the other listings)

Auction Description:
Home white micromesh Reebok Detroit Pistons jersey used by former second overall pick Darko Milicic during his final full season in Motown of 2004-05. The jersey features 2-color sewn identifiers and single color NOB matching known exemplars for size and specs. It is appropriately tagged on outer tail with Reebok label and flagged for size 56, length +4, and 2004-05 year IDs. Overall it exhibits medium game use with tail label and numeral puckering and nice edging wear leading to a final grade of 7.5.
I'll post the auction link later if need be, but here is the photo of the jersey in question:

As you can see, the nameplate stretches over the number 1, and the margins between the letters are wide

Here are some Getty Images (from the 2004-05 season as my evidence).
October 17, 2004 - Image #51490579

October 24, 2004 - Image #51647255

November 27, 2004 - Image #51795954

June 16, 2005 - Image #53089918

Here are various other photos from Darko's time in Detroit showing the nameplate style
June 27, 2003 - Image 2119409; Here is a photo from him directly after the draft, holding his would be jersey

April 6, 2004 - Image #3235724

October 13, 2005 - Image #55974808; We see the M doesn't go over number

October 22, 2005 - Image #55985575

Those are pretty much all the images I've found of Darko in his White Jersey with his name plate showing. Each of them show the same thing, how closely the nameplates are lettered and that their margins are not as wide as this GU Jersey in question. I just won the auction last night, and have yet to pay for it. I don't want to pay for an item that is obviously very questionable.

I think I have a solid case, and will bring it up to customer service. What are your opinions on how I should handle this. I originally had to sign up with a credit card when bidding (unable to change is :S). So they will have my record on file, so avoiding cost is unlikely unless I show them my case.