Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Banned

Re: ebay seller lambeauleeper and "game issued"

Well, IMHO if he makes these himself, he does superior work to the volume repro guys on ebay, and should seriously consider going straight and playing the volume repro market. I don't think any of his last batch of items broke reserve.

"Better" you are posting from the same IP address as Dolphin13. You are obviously Lambeauleeper and are trying another deceptive tactic to fool people.

It is against forum rules to post from multiple user names, so you have been banned.

Good luck with your endeavors in the future. Don't bother trying to sign up under yet another name. I will shut that down too.
    Eric
    Always looking for game used San Diego Chargers items...

Re: The Marino Helmet sold for $33,460

Quote Originally Posted by Better View Post
    I don't get it, lambeau is offering REALLY nice collectible for a fraction of the cost of a 30K helmet.They look nice to me!
    guess this puts to rest the notion of any innocence on his part - not only is he knowingly misrepresenting his items, but he's also having quite a bit of fun with it at this forum's expense.

from his latest ebay ad:

"This helmet was issued to Dan Marino for on-field GAME USE during the 1998 season. "

the most scary thing about this punk is that he will probably try to raise kids some day - what a bright future they're sure to have...

Quote Originally Posted by Dolphin13 View Post
    I've seen some 2004 photos that look pretty close to lambeau's helmet pictured. The mask is the only issue that I see. The problem I see with the memorabilia issues on auctions especially Ebay is that people are looking for a STEAL. They wont pay $3-$5,000.00 for a game worn helmet with a team letter. So they go to Ebay and want to pay next to nothing for an item then bitch. If you purchase a Brady jersey for $700.00 on Ebay, don't expect it to be a $5,000.00 game jersey. I've seen Gridiron Brady helmets and Favre VSR helmets which are the wrong size and model sell for over $1,000.00. Lambeau at least has the correct size and models WD-1, WD-2, SCHUTT, etc. I don't see the big deal if they are the proper size, model and decaling calling them game issued. Team or games used.....that's different.
    eric -

heck, i didn't even notice dolphin13's multiple posts until i saw that you banned him for registering under another name (better) - i guess i was too caught up in discussing the issue with mvandor, a discussion i enjoyed very much given mvandor's honesty and candor.

i have little doubt that this guy is lambeauleeper - comments such as his which i underlined above are typical of memorabilia crooks. many of these guys rationalize their fraudulent behaviour by claiming it is the buyer, motivated by greed and "getting something for nothing", who is the culprit not the seller. these crooks believe that they just give these buyers what they want which is the belief that they got an absolute steal on an authentic gem once belonging to the pro.

these crooks have also found a market for their wares with indifferent memorabilia shop owners who aren't too picky about the origins of an item just as long as they can "honestly" say that the source they obtained it from assured them that it was authentic. this gives them the green light to mark it up and pass it along as such.

Banned

aeneas, you have convinced me about both my helmet and lambeau, as has the dolphins13 escapade here. I appreciate the time you took in proving your points to me. He is both a very good game issued helmet replicator and a very dishonest seller, albeit a low volume, petty one.

As I am a Charger fan in SD and:

1) as I'm already out the $ on this helmet,
    2) as I wouldn't resell it dishonestly which means I'd resell at a loss,
    3) as I doubt I'll ever be able to acquire a real one like Eric, and;
    4) as it is at least the best LT helmet copy I've seen...

I intend to get it autographed next time he does a SoCal signing and keep it in my collection. Heck, if I get it signed at mini camp for free, the market value will exceed what I paid and I'll actually be ahead on the deal.

Once again, this board has proven itself a worthwhile endeavor.

Thank you.

mvandor...

I think you have really hit the nail on the head. You have a great helmet and for display and or collection purposes it really does serve a purpose. If you bought it as game issued, I would be a bit disapointed as well but at least what you paid for, and it was not anywhere near what the Marino helmets are going for.

I was thinking about this last night. I for one like the specific game issued replicas 100 time more than just the generic Riddell team issue helmets tha are sold for nearly $300 anyway. BUT...think about how few people outside of this forum would be able to disect your helmet v.s. the real thing. I know for a fact whenever I get something new my girfriend just rolls her eyes knowing I am going to give her a lesson on what makes what I just bought worth all lthe money I paid.

Although she does listen a bit because when she saw my Sam Hurd throw back helmet she mentiond that the stickers on the back and the Dymo tape made it look real. I had to explain that unlike the other two this was actually the real thing.

If you can get that autographed like you mentioned than I think it will make for a great collection piece.

Jay

Quote Originally Posted by mvandor View Post
    I intend to get it autographed next time he does a SoCal signing and keep it in my collection. Heck, if I get it signed at mini camp for free, the market value will exceed what I paid and I'll actually be ahead on the deal.
    with or without lt's jh you have a very nice helmet - search ebay for the correct facemask and it will be even nicer. and, as you mentioned, once you do get it signed it will indeed be very special!

btw it looks like lambeauleeper's "game issued" marino helmet didn't meet his reserve - it did however reach $400; god only knows what this charlatan set his reserve at! perhaps some of the potential bidders found their way to this great forum and reconsidered!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by aeneas01 View Post
    with or without lt's jh you have a very nice helmet - search ebay for the correct facemask and it will be even nicer. and, as you mentioned, once you do get it signed it will indeed be very special!
    As far as I could tell the side portion was the only giveaway on the facemask, and I noted afterwards that all of the LT helmet copies I saw were using the same facemask, which I presume means an accurate one is tough to get, rather like Manning's Revolution mask which is no longer manufactured as I understand it.

Do you have any suggestions to help me locate a 100% accurate mask?

Quote Originally Posted by mvandor View Post
    As far as I could tell the side portion was the only giveaway on the facemask, and I noted afterwards that all of the LT helmet copies I saw were using the same facemask, which I presume means an accurate one is tough to get, rather like Manning's Revolution mask which is no longer manufactured as I understand it.

Do you have any suggestions to help me locate a 100% accurate mask?
    i don't think the type of facemask you need (schutt ropo-dw) is particularly rare or hard to find especially given that it's only a few years old - just check on ebay from time to time. for example, here's one in purple that is about to sell...

http://cgi.ebay.com/FOOTBALL-HELMET-...QQcmdZViewItem

or you might google "football facemasks" or "ropo-dw" and ask the sellers if they have any older stock models for sale...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by aeneas01 View Post
    i don't think the type of facemask you need (schutt ropo-dw) is particularly rare or hard to find especially given that it's only a few years old - just check on ebay from time to time. for example, here's one in purple that is about to sell...

http://cgi.ebay.com/FOOTBALL-HELMET-...QQcmdZViewItem

or you might google "football facemasks" or "ropo-dw" and ask the sellers if they have any older stock models for sale...
    Hmm, most of the ebay listings don't show the side and ones that do, like http://cgi.ebay.com/Football-Helmet-...QQcmdZViewItem, show to be the identical shape/configuration I have. Apparently that minor difference on the side doesn't disqualify the mask as being a ropo-dw.

But I'll set a search and see what turns up, thanks!!!