Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

New User Here with a question about steiner

I have brought many game used Steiner Sports products and have seen that all there holograms have a number accompanied with them. Does Steiner have a database with all the numbers somewhere?

Thanks for any help

Re: New User Here with a question about steiner

Quote Originally Posted by mreph View Post
    I have brought many game used Steiner Sports products and have seen that all there holograms have a number accompanied with them. Does Steiner have a database with all the numbers somewhere?

Thanks for any help
    If they have a database I have not seen it. The hologram without the paper COA from Steiner is just about worthless I would assume. And even with the paper the hologram and paper could probably be forged.

Someone else can correct me if I am wrong.

Yeah I guess you're right anyone could forge their hologram if they wanted to. I was just trying to find a date that it was used so I can get a photomatch

Quote Originally Posted by mreph View Post
    Yeah I guess you're right anyone could forge their hologram if they wanted to. I was just trying to find a date that it was used so I can get a photomatch
    I don't believe they have a place to look up their numbers.
    I am sure someone else will probably know more. Hopefully they will chime in soon.

1. There is a database for all the hologram but they are for internal use only.

2. As for forging the hologram, that would not be easy. But tampering with the hologram ..... I have seen some lousy tampering jobs!

Quote Originally Posted by marino13 View Post
    1. There is a database for all the hologram but they are for internal use only.

2. As for forging the hologram, that would not be easy. But tampering with the hologram ..... I have seen some lousy tampering jobs!
    I have called Steiner with a number and asked them to look it up. The person on the other end said that he could not and that they do not keep a database of the numbers and what they correspond to.
    Are you saying they really do keep a database and you have proof of this or have they told you this in person or over the phone?

Quote Originally Posted by Roady View Post
    I have called Steiner with a number and asked them to look it up. The person on the other end said that he could not and that they do not keep a database of the numbers and what they correspond to.
    Are you saying they really do keep a database and you have proof of this or have they told you this in person or over the phone?

You called in --- this would means it is no longer INTERNAL.

And I will leave it at that.

A real answer would be more helpful.

Steiner told me there is no way to check hologram numbers except with the corresponding letter. They said that they don't have the hologram numbers recorded anywhere at all.

So if anyone else knows about this "internal" list let us know.

You can always get a job with the company and then you tell me.

Again, there is a database and it is for internal use only. It is NOT for tracking or anything else. It is for INTERNAL use only. If you dont know what that means or need clearer answer, I dont know what to tell you.

PS. I have never worked for the company. If I did, I will never getting any bills paid since I will be using my employee's discount on the gamer.