Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 13 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Re: NFL AUCTIONS - Game Used

My recent exchange with NFL Auctions regarding what can now be known as "The World's Most Valuable Tampa Bay Buccaneers Jersey":

Hi,

I'm just wondering what the reason is that the same Ronde Barber home Captain's Patch jersey has been listed 3 times now. I've bid on it previously and I've noticed that it always gets bid up to $1600+ each time it's listed.

[FONT='Calibri','sans-serif']
    [/FONT]

[FONT='Calibri','sans-serif']Their reply:[/FONT]
    [FONT='Calibri','sans-serif']
    [/FONT]

[FONT='Calibri','sans-serif']We can’t police every bidder on the site. If it was the same bidder who did this twice then yes we close their account but it was two separate bidders unfortunately..[/FONT]
    [FONT='Calibri','sans-serif'][/FONT]
    Scott Miller [FONT='Calibri','sans-serif']NFL Auctions
    [/FONT]

So, theoretically, you can default on your winning bid in an NFL auction with no fear of being banned. How very understanding of them!

Hey wait, there's that smell again.........

Speaking of smell - I opened my Texans Kevin Bentley Pink Capt's patch jersey today, Awesome use but my gawd the Smell. Wife said get it out of the kitchen.
    What to do? just let it air dry outside?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Tapes View Post
    I have recently been having problems with NFL auctions as they relisted a jersey that I had won. I emailed them and the conversation has been shady on their part. Heres how it went:

Me:

Auction Question Regarding: Order Status
    Message: Hello, I believe the George Wilson jersey I won a few days ago
    is up for sale again. Please help.

NFL Auctions:

On Jan 15, 2010, at 7:34 AM, "NFL Auction" <nfl.auction@NFL.com> wrote:
    No that is a different one..Yours was the home (blue) This is the away
    (white)

Me:

To: NFL Auction
    Subject: Re: Order Status
    I just checked the items I won from ordered items in my account, and the
    pictures show a white away George Wilson jersey which was the one I
    want. My user name is Chungyman31 and the item number is 112773786.

NFL Auctions:

On Jan 19, 2010, at 8:49 AM, "NFL Auction" <nfl.auction@NFL.com> wrote:
    It's a different jersey we have two....

Me:

To:
    "NFL Auction" <nfl.auction@NFL.com>

That can't be because the Bills wore the pink captain patch with the away jersey only once in the game against the Jets. Please resolve this problem and take off the jersey I won that is up for sale. Thanks

Needless to say I'm not happy at all.
    Don't stand for it. An auction is a binding contract. You agree to pay they agree to give you the item auctioned in exchange. If they do not they are in breach plain and simple. Your bid is what the jersey is worth to you and even though it is the same player one of his jerseys may be worth more than another to you because of the type (home or away), the particular game it was used in (ie a win in which he had a big game vs. a blowout loss where the player did nothing) or even because you went to a particular game or a million other factors. Regardless you fulfilled your end of the contract and it is no longer their jersey so they have no right to resell it and try to give you a different item which obviously is not worth as much to you.

Quote Originally Posted by legaleagle92481 View Post
    Don't stand for it. An auction is a binding contract. You agree to pay they agree to give you the item auctioned in exchange. If they do not they are in breach plain and simple. Your bid is what the jersey is worth to you and even though it is the same player one of his jerseys may be worth more than another to you because of the type (home or away), the particular game it was used in (ie a win in which he had a big game vs. a blowout loss where the player did nothing) or even because you went to a particular game or a million other factors. Regardless you fulfilled your end of the contract and it is no longer their jersey so they have no right to resell it and try to give you a different item which obviously is not worth as much to you.
    That is exactly how I feel. I mean if I bid on that specific jersey then thats the exact jersey I want coming to me. So I guess the question now is what do I do from here? I dont want to cancel the transaction, I still want the jersey.

Quote Originally Posted by legaleagle92481 View Post

I have had a similar problem with an item that I won. They didnt charge my card, not sure why. Anyways, I message scott to try and give them my info in case there was a reason it didnt go through. No answer. I messaged him 6 times that week. No answer. The item was relisted and then when I call the nfl and leave two messages to the guy running the nfl actions I still get no call back. I finally got a response on a 7th email to scott who told me that because my card was declined they relisted my item. Furious because I know he was lying (or misspoke) I called my credit card company which takes record of every attempt to charge my card reguardless if it goes through or not. No record. They sent out a signed letter stating this because at this point I was gettting ready for small claims court. The item had nothing to do with it, calling me a liar had everything to do with it. Needless to say, I won the item after he relisted it for less than what I tried to pay the first time. But I think I would have rather had a victory in court over the NFL than the jersey to be honest. Thats something you hang on your wall.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Tapes View Post
    That is exactly how I feel. I mean if I bid on that specific jersey then thats the exact jersey I want coming to me. So I guess the question now is what do I do from here? I dont want to cancel the transaction, I still want the jersey.
    I just checked NFL Auctions there is no Wilson jersey currently up on there nor is there one in the recently sold section. So they probably no longer have your jersey in their possesion. You could hire a lawyer and pursue a legal case to try to get the jersey but that is complex and time consuming and costly. You could try to find whoever won the jersey the second time it was auctioned and arrange a swap of the jerseys (which he may or may not be willing to do). You could also file a complaint against NFL Auctions with your States or New York (where they do business) Department of Consumer of Consumer Affairs or Attorney General's Office (alot of what NFL Auctions does can be considered fraud i.e. selling game issued jerseys as game used and here playing a bait and switch)

Quote Originally Posted by ivo610 View Post
    ok so for the prices from the first gamers sold in 2010...

Brandon Meriweather Game worn jersey from London worn 10/25/09
    $2014.00

Matt Schaub game worn pink captains patch jersey
    $2009.99

Josh Cribbs game worn pink captains patch jersey
    $1389.00

Jake Long game worn jersey
    $1255

Derrick Burgess game worn london jersey
    $1254

Stephen Gostkowski game worn london jersey
    $1254

Ricky Williams game worn jersey
    $1245

Jon Beason game worn pink captains patch jersey
    $1219

Mario Williams game worn pink captains patch jersey
    $1030

Tully Banta Cain game worn london jersey
    $906

Joey Porter game worn pink captain patch jersey
    $804

Jake Delhome game worn pink captain patch jersey
    $760

Steve Hutchinson game worn jersey throwback 10/05/09
    $735

Rob Ninkovich game worn patriots jersey from london
    $705

Eli Manning game issued
    $704.99

Titans Ryan Mouton game worn oilers throwback jersey
    $680

Lance Bringgs game worn pink cleats
    $655

Vikings EJ Henderson game worn jersey
    $640

Bret Lockett game worn patriots jersey from london
    $630.99

Laveranues Coles Gameworn Jersey from 2007, throwback
    $536.00

Phil Dawson game worn Browns jersey with pink captains patch
    $480.50

Titans Kevin Kaesviharn game worn oilers jersey
    $470

Redskins Rock Cartwright game worn jersey with pink captain patch
    $460

Bills Lee Evans Pink Game worn jersey with pink captains patch
    $430

Bills George Wilson game worn pink captain patch jersey
    $420

Bills Eric Wood game worn jersey
    $415

Antonio Pierce game issued jersey with captains patch
    $405
    Anyone know who bought the Ryan Mouton jersey? Damn I'd love to have that, can't believe I missed it...If anyone knows the owner, please let him know that he can make a profit on it off me today...kyle@excessivecelebrations.com

Big night for Dolphin collectors to get a orange alternate gamer. Some are still sitting pretty cheap. Good for collectors that they put so many up at one time. Instead 2-3 week.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by indyred View Post
    Big night for Dolphin collectors to get a orange alternate gamer. Some are still sitting pretty cheap. Good for collectors that they put so many up at one time. Instead 2-3 week.
    $4000 for a Chad Henne? That's not cheap !

To get back on track of the discussion of jerseys being relisted...I guess this buyer "forgot" to pay for this...It's back on the market

http://www.nflauction.nfl.com/cgi-bi...unbr=112469115