Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Banned

Filtering ebay seller from searches

Does anyone know if there is a way to block an eBay user from showing in your search results? It would make life much easier if the hundreds of Zane's bats did not show up on eBay. Why he does not have his own website, is beyond me.

Re: Zane Burns

There is a way but I think it only blocks the current search so you would have to enter his user ID every time you do a search.

I don't know of a way, but totally agree. Same bats, same prices.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil316 View Post
    There is a way but I think it only blocks the current search so you would have to enter his user ID every time you do a search.
    Go to advanced search link on the right side upper top and click. When that page comes up type in all the information that your looking for and scroll down till you come to sellers section. Click that box, and the gray include box will turn white and give you the option to EXCLUDE a seller. Click exclude and enter the seller's ID. Then go down to search and click. You will have to do this everytime you search, it doesn't stay on at that setting.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

i've tried that and it doesn't work anymore.

Banned

Thanks guys.

The guy has had the same stuff for years because of his prices. Wouldn't you think like any store or even collector if the stuff doesn't sell lower the prices and move the stuff. Why hang onto it year after year after year with the same prices. I think he does lower them a little if you get the best offer option but not even close to what there worth in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by 1929tudor View Post
    The guy has had the same stuff for years because of his prices. Wouldn't you think like any store or even collector if the stuff doesn't sell lower the prices and move the stuff. Why hang onto it year after year after year with the same prices. I think he does lower them a little if you get the best offer option but not even close to what there worth in my opinion.
    In his defense I bought a nice Schoendienst Cardinal bat from him at 40% less than asking. I understand listing a little higher and accepting offers but his stuff is around forever. Also I can say MY interaction with him on that deal was not a really friendly one. He gave one word answers and seemed annoyed by my emails and questions. MAybe he was having a bad week? Don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by 1929tudor View Post
    true that. i've mentioned that to him and nothing. if anything, he'll raise the price. he doesn't care to sell anything, and it's obvious. same stuff for years. if he really wanted to sell, those prices would be within reach for everyone.

A few years ago, a prominent auction house sold a group of maybe 10 bats. I really wanted one, but the lot went higher than I was willing to go. I called the AH and asked if they would mind passing my contact info along to the winner, in hopes that maybe they would sell me the one bat I wanted. The woman at the AH said, "Sure, let me see who won it." After a few minutes on hold, she came back and said, "Don't bother." I thought this was odd, until a couple weeks later Zane listed "my" bat on ebay -- for about 3x what the entire lot went for, of course. I think he still has it listed today.

Ken

PS: For the record, way back in the day I had many pleasant transactions with Zane. I think his "bat blowout" ads were my all-time favorites in SCD. But it seems like he hasn't listed a bat that is anywhere near a reasonable selling price in ten years.